Ongoing RB Preseason Thread

jdblack

Reaction score
Am doing some fantasy football research, and noticed Chris Carson's simulated SPARQ numbers are pretty good. Similar to Joe Mixon. Slightly higher weight than all the rookies above him(except for Mixon), which probably means he would be higher if he lost a few pounds (not saying he should of course.)

https://3sigmaathlete.com/rankings/rb/

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
jdblack":38rqxga4 said:
Am doing some fantasy football research, and noticed Chris Carson's simulated SPARQ numbers are pretty good. Similar to Joe Mixon. Slightly higher weight than all the rookies above him(except for Mixon), which probably means he would be higher if he lost a few pounds (not saying he should of course.)

https://3sigmaathlete.com/rankings/rb/
That's what got me looking at him before the draft when I was looking for a beat you down kind of back. Put on some tape and was wowed, but there just wasn't a whole lot there. Transfer from Georgia that really only had one season in which he broke the thumb carpal I think.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":aswxnwhb said:
Is it an ingrown hair or hangnail for Prosise this week?

Well, at least this week he doesn't have a tummy ache. 0-3 on the preseason games and counting.

I'd bet against him playing a full regular season. He'll have some boo boo or another that will cost at least 4-5 games or more.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Looks like I hit the nail square on the head. Here is a quote from Huard about Prosise.

“I played with guys like this. Dave Wyman played with guys like this. ‘Everything’s got to be right’. You’ve got to feel good like a track superstar that can fine tune every hamstring, tendon and every muscle in their body they just feel it. And he’s getting kind of close here to pushing that real line.”

ACFan

Reaction score
Natethegreat":1c8edv76 said:
Some guys like playing football and will do whatever they can to do so and help their team. Some guys do not love the game of football and consequently only play when they are feeling absolutely perfect ala Percy Harvin.

:2thumbs:

Josea16

Reaction score
Natethegreat":by4p81ou said:
Looks like I hit the nail square on the head. Here is a quote from Huard about Prosise.

“I played with guys like this. Dave Wyman played with guys like this. ‘Everything’s got to be right’. You’ve got to feel good like a track superstar that can fine tune every hamstring, tendon and every muscle in their body they just feel it. And he’s getting kind of close here to pushing that real line.”
Says a no talent backup quarterback and a never have been. His injuries have been real and he's never had attitude problems like Percy Harvin. Brock Huard, 8 games starting in 6 YEARS....96 games and in those 8 games he was crap. I'd rather have Procise 48 times out of 96 then league average or worse for 96 games.

Collins is Spencer Ware, basically really decent not really good or elite. He's above league average, even Kansas City knows it and is hoping the rookie that is flashing takes the job without having to cut him because he can play in the NFL at a high level just like Collins. It's a numbers game and his isn't low enough.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
“Here’s what I know — and they won’t say it publicly — but C.J. Prosise, this organisation is getting frustrated with him. You’re just a tease right now. And that’s not the position you want to be in…

chris98251

Reaction score
Natethegreat":2vdh7kyj said:

Says the QB that was hurt 90 percent of the time he was with us?????

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
If you want a comparison for the high cut body style and running type for Collins, it's probably Jay Ajayi. Their gate is similar and legs go way up the torso. Their feet are similar in that they take shorter steps despite the legginess.

To be clear, Collins is no where near as good and should never start for any team. Ajayi is both a larger and better athlete. Ajayi has explosive acceleration when cutting N/S as shown in his 39 inch vert. Ajayi has a much more evolved equilibrium. Sounds like an odd comment, but Ajayi has much better balance. Particularly in how he approaches contact. He leans where as Collins is like a near strait up 6' 2x4. And again, right now, Ajayi is about 15 pounds heavier and still a better athlete.

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2lez0uhy said:
Sgt. Largent":2lez0uhy said:
Is it an ingrown hair or hangnail for Prosise this week?

It's a groin problem.

Exactly! Every week it gets worse and worse. :twisted:

HawkerD

Reaction score
By mid season Chris Carson is getting a majority of the carries backed up by Collins. Why? Because they are the only two durable backs. Lacey will prove to be a washed up RB especially running behind our piece meal OL. Prosise...PLEASE...guy will probably play in less games than PRIch which is saying something. Rawls? Great attitude but he came into camp completely healthy, gets nicked up and can't get back on the field. I don't believe anything PC tells the media. Rawls and Prosise are banged up more than the fans are being lead to believe. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if one of them is on IR to start the season.

Its not like it is their fault. some players are more prone to injuries than others. Before camp RB looked like a strong suit. Now it looks like our run game will be average at best, especially considering the OL limitations (am I repeating myself?) :stirthepot:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkerD":26yjy8fp said:
By mid season Chris Carson is getting a majority of the carries backed up by Collins. Why? Because they are the only two durable backs. Lacey will prove to be a washed up RB especially running behind our piece meal OL. Prosise...PLEASE...guy will probably play in less games than PRIch which is saying something. Rawls? Great attitude but he came into camp completely healthy, gets nicked up and can't get back on the field. I don't believe anything PC tells the media. Rawls and Prosise are banged up more than the fans are being lead to believe. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if one of them is on IR to start the season.

Its not like it is their fault. some players are more prone to injuries than others. Before camp RB looked like a strong suit. Now it looks like our run game will be average at best, especially considering the OL limitations (am I repeating myself?) :stirthepot:

I don't see how Collins makes the roster, he's even been outplayed by Mike Davis.

Might be able to sneak him onto the practice squad, so when Rawls and Prosise get hurt in week 3 we can activate him.

iigakusei

Reaction score
I really like Mike Davis and wouldn't mind having him on the team, Probably unrealistic though.

Latest posts