Once again, Graham vs. Unger

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
I wish I could wish y'all good luck tonight, but as a Saints fan I am not giving up on our chances. But, I asked a question before the season, and as the season started about impact of "The Trade" and we all agreed it was wait and see.

I can see that y'all have figured out that Graham sucks as an inline TE and no blocking skills at all. I also see that you've figured out how to use him down the middle. But, just like we experienced, Graham can put up awesome numbers and we still finished 7-9 two out of three years he was on the roster. Wilson has suffered the most sacks in the league and that has something to do with the loss of Unger.

On the other hand, the Saints have struggled in the endzone without that target and have also had trouble protecting Brees. But, the center position has been the shining star so far in whatever protection comes through. With both teams at 2-4 it still looks like a toss-up, but the Saints are getting healthier with a swath of injuries across the remainder of the offensive line, defensive line and secondary.

Let's see how it continues to play out.

kearly

Reaction score
Unger is good when healthy. Just couldn't stay healthy here. He was nearing 30 as well. Even if Graham were not available many with insider info insist that Unger was getting shipped out no matter what.

Great guy, and my favorite interview on the team. Miss him, but i get it.

Graham has been exactly who I thought he'd be, and I loved the trade. I just wish our QB and OC were a little quicker at implementing him in an optimal fashion.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Love Graham.

Leading receiver by a nice margin, on pace for nearly 90 catches in a run first offense. He's been great.

Going to be a key piece to our hopeful playoff push down the stretch

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
It's still a fantastic trade for Seattle IMO. A no-brainer.

They just needed to do a better job replacing Unger (and should've taken the opportunity to draft Joel Bitonio in 2014).

jayhawkk

Reaction score
Jimmy is actually starting to block better

Graham + Tyler Lockett. Great pick up :th2thumbs:

Smellyman

Reaction score
Good post y'all. y'all need the best of luck with Unger. Y'all just need him to be healthy because when he is, y'all have a heck of a center.

massari

Reaction score
jayhawkk":k7epjxi1 said:

That's not true though. That's what they said on the TV broadcast as well.

To get Lockett they traded a 3rd,4th(from Saints),5th,6th.

I'm assuming if the Seahawks didn't have the Saints 4th rounder, the Redskins would've still accepted the Seahawks 4th instead.

Hawks46

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":ymfiw2f5 said:
It's still a fantastic trade for Seattle IMO. A no-brainer.

They just needed to do a better job replacing Unger (and should've taken the opportunity to draft Joel Bitonio in 2014).

this is so right it's not even funny.

It has nothing to do with Unger vs. Graham. Graham filled a huge need for us that we've lacked forever. We're seeing Wilson steadily getting used to Graham, and Graham steadily getting used to Wilson. Graham has never had a QB throwing to him like Wilson. Wilson has never had a target like Graham. Growing pains are to be expected. Also, Graham isn't the best blocker, but he's not terrible either. People don't seem to understand that. Look at Gronkowski. Tell me the last time he's had a dominant, driving run block. (Newsflash, he's not a great blocker either).

The biggest mistake Seattle made in this trade is not drafting a Center, and getting cute and thinking they could make a couple of practice squad players into good Centers.

Most teams don't get cute, and just draft for needs when they can.

Decimation

Reaction score
Smellyman":vrnim8nw said:
Good post y'all. y'all need the best of luck with Unger. Y'all just need him to be healthy because when he is, y'all have a heck of a center.
I see what you did there.

jayhawkk

Reaction score
massari":25pcxy0h said:
jayhawkk":25pcxy0h said:

That's not true though. That's what they said on the TV broadcast as well.

To get Lockett they traded a 3rd,4th(from Saints),5th,6th.

I'm assuming if the Seahawks didn't have the Saints 4th rounder, the Redskins would've still accepted the Seahawks 4th instead.

But they still used the Saints pick to trade up for Lockett.

Latest posts