Olu Oluwatimi

seabowl

Reaction score
I went back today and watched him a bunch after he came in and played center last night and he did a really good job. Many times he was opening holes for the running backs and creating space. He was my “adopt a rookie“ this year and think he has a bright future.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
On a flag filled night, I only recall hearing his name once when they announced he was in and Brown had shifted to guard. Most times when you don't hear an OL's name all game, he did a good job.

kidhawk

Reaction score
On a flag filled night, I only recall hearing his name once when they announced he was in and Brown had shifted to guard. Most times when you don't hear an OL's name all game, he did a good job.

Speaking of Centers, there was a false start called on Brown when he was at Center, but all he did was the standard Center Head nod that they all do. Just stirring that ref pot a bit, but that was pretty lame for a false start call.

SheaD

Reaction score
Speaking of Centers, there was a false start called on Brown when he was at Center, but all he did was the standard Center Head nod that they all do. Just stirring that ref pot a bit, but that was pretty lame for a false start call.

Centers can get that call every once in a while if it is a "simulated snap". It's a dumb call.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Centers can get that call every once in a while if it is a "simulated snap". It's a dumb call.

Yea, I can understand it at times, but what I saw last night didn't fit what I consider a false start worthy call

nanomoz

Reaction score
Agreed. Another thing that stood out on most of the offense's big plays is Will Dissly's blocking. He was lighting people up all night. There were a couple of runs where he neutralized more than one defender. He's so good in the run game.

sutz

Reaction score
Agreed. Another thing that stood out on most of the offense's big plays is Will Dissly's blocking. He was lighting people up all night. There were a couple of runs where he neutralized more than one defender. He's so good in the run game.
I'm pretty sure Dissly didn't play. Must have been one of the other TEs.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
It was weird. I could’ve sworn that Bradford flinched and then the two Giants flinched and then the snap. Maybe they got the number wrong? Whatever it was, Brown did the exact same thing the next play. Pretty standard.

nanomoz

Reaction score
No, it was Dissly. Unless another guy with "89" and "Dissly" on his jersey has emerged.

NoGain

Reaction score
I'm a little blown away by the idea that we seem to have real depth on the OL.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
I'm a little blown away by the idea that we seem to have real depth on the OL.
^^^^this.

I think the potential for a future stellar line, with recent draft pics and future draft pics, is promising. We aren't quite there yet, but I am enthusiastic on the potential.

Similar to 2011-2013, when KJ, Sherman, Baldwin, etc. stepped in and began to supplant starters when given opportunities.

Gotta love what's goin on!!!

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Dissly didn't play. Must have been one of the other TEs.

Dissly didn't play against Carolina, but against the Giants, he had 29 snaps on offense (53% of the Seahawks' offensive snaps) and ten snaps on special teams (43% of the Seahawks' "teams" snaps).

For those following the Witherspoon thread, this is what I should have done there before affirming something simply incorrect about Jalen Carter's snap counts with the Eagles (I said 25% and it's really more like 48%).

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
What a difference. The way things looked in pre-season it looked like big trouble if any starters went down during the year.