Official "Thank You Pete" Thread

Boycie

Reaction score
I thought it would be nice to start a thread for those of us who would like to give your thanks to Pete. You have the floor. What would you like to tell Pete Carroll now that his time as Head Coach has come to an end?
You gonna pour one out for Pete tonight Aros? I think it would be a good idea!

chris98251

Reaction score
Thanks Pete for righting the ship, bringing years of winning, excitement and a couple days at the Dance winning the Prom Queen one of them. You assembled the LOB with John and it was beautiful to watch football again. May what ever adventure you undertake be fulfilled.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Some great memories. Thanks, Pete

While I'm stoked they FINALLY made it happen, he deserves a ton of respect. And he absolutely has mine.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Pete, you are the literal architect of my favorite sports team/era ever. A TRUE Champ! What you did for the sport, this franchise...city, will probably never be replicated in my lifetime. For that, and so much more, THANKS, OG!!! Now go sit your old ass down somewhere at a desk and try to enjoy yourself.🙏🏿✊🏿

Man, I'm literally just getting up and finding out about this. It's what I have been vocally wanting for the past 2 years, but I will be honest...this feels ******* weird. But, it's Business. Never personal.

orca

Reaction score
Thank you, Pete, for turning around the franchise together with John Schneider and bringing us the Lombardi trophy!

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Coach Carroll,

You've given us fans some of the most memorable and best memories of this team. For many of us, this team is an extension of ourselves. We wear the logo as a badge of pride, as any devout fan of a team does.

You always represented this team, city and franchise with the utmost class and respect. I will forever be grateful for the Superbowl victory.

You've meant so much to me and my family over the past 14 years. You've taught me a lot about how to be a leader, how to listen and how to set goals.

Thank you coach,

Jerhawk

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Still collecting my thoughts on this; I think if I had to just give a short statement it would be "Thank you Pete, for making us relevant".

Rich Eisen did a nice blub on him today, which I think expresses his impact in a more eloquent way (first 2 minutes, before he starts talking about Dan Quinn).

86Hawk

Reaction score
Thank You Pete. You brought me some of my best memories. I will cherish them forever. See you in the Ring of Honor.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Crazy to think that in these 14 years how much has changed. For me personally, I've gotten married, had two kids, started a business, bought my first home, and also said goodbye to family members and friends in the form of teary-eyed sendoffs and reflective memorials. There have been very few constants, especially in sports. Seattle went from reeling from losing the Sonics to welcoming the NHL. You took on a Seahawks franchise that had waded in mediocrity and cusped the mountaintop, to a dominant and perennial contender. A fanbase that would cheer for a first-round exit in the playoffs to a fanbase that "didn't bother" with such limited success. A team that reached that pinaccle and felt it deserved to be there every year.

Pete, you made Seattle winners, even if that summit was only reached once. You proved that no matter the personnel that made up this roster, they were expected to compete, expected to win, expected to show up on a Sunday and continuously prove that we belonged.

You put Seattle on the NFL map. Not just a game on the schedule somewhere in South Alaska, but in Seattle ******* Washington.

Thank you, Pete. You competed all the way for your place in the RoH.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Thanks coach! You will always be the one who was the first to deliver a ring to my NFL team. You're right up there next to Lloyd Carr and Jim Harbaugh as my favorite football coaches of all time. Enjoy the semi-retirement/retirement you richly deserve!

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
I thought it would be nice to start a thread for those of us who would like to give your thanks to Pete. You have the floor. What would you like to tell Pete Carroll now that his time as Head Coach has come to an end?
THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES PETE …. Good and bad! It was a hell of a ride!

Attachments

• IMG_1021.jpeg
    IMG_1021.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 5

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
I have been on the anti-Pete side of things for years. I stick with what I said and it was time for him to move on.

However,

Pete has been this team’s best coach in its history. He transformed a group of washouts, young guns, and untapped talent into one of the greatest Seahawks teams to ever grace the field of football. We won a Super Bowl and sadly lost one too. There are dozens if not hundreds of remarkable and rememberable moments of him and this team that we as Seahawks fans will never forget.

Yes, there has been a lot of bad especially recently but there has been good and those good moments now should always be the ones we look onto fondly.

For the longest time Pete Carroll was the Seahawks. His name and face was synonymous with the team and when you thought of one you thought of the other.

All I want to say is, Thank you Pete.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Thank you, Pete! I'll never forget all the good you did for the Seahawks and getting us our first Lombardi Trophy. While I agree that the time to part ways has arrived, I truly wish you the best going forward, in whatever you decide to do. Thanks again.

Rainger

Reaction score
Dont ever post in .NET any more, but had to sign in to say.

Thank you Pete for all you did for my beloved Seahawks. You ended my years of SB suffering and built a historically great team.

You were a great coach, evaluator of talent and so much fun.

The haters got their way but it is a sad sad day in Seattle as mighty Casey just struck out.

Who will the haters hate next?