Official response going into next season.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Starrman44":3m1t2zyo said:
All I can say is, if my 2, 3, and 5 year old kids weren't concrete Seahawks fans before that game, they certainly were when Tate fought for that ball and their Mommy and Daddy proceeded to yell, scream, and laugh for the next half hour or so.

Now every morning they try and point out all the Seahawks colors they are wearing. Any shade of blue, green, or gray qualifies to them. In a pinch they'll even point to a tiny thread of white. They are fanatical, now.

I need to get my pic updated with the boys in their current jerseys.
Now THAT'S sweet! Makes your heart feel like it's going to burst don't it?

Reaction score
Cartire":2kkjmvpy said:
Im surprised no one has linked the most famous article in defense.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/co ... git/17706/

All these threads have this article linked within the first 10 post, im shocked. You guys are slowing down.
So...I didn't have that exact article, but I linked to a different one on the first page of the thread...that pretty much says the exact same thing. :mrgreen:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
thebanjodude":1tkavx6h said:
vin.couve12":1tkavx6h said:
Catch. Tate didn't have his hands on it first, but once he got both hands on it both feet and even his arse was down when the DB only had one foot down.

People need to stop talking about who had their feet down first. It makes our fan base look ignorant, because if you'd actually take the time to read the rules and the casebook you'd understand that it had no bearing on the call made (nor should it).

The reason the feet matter is because if Tate was considered to have possession at all, that the play ended the second that his two feet were in the end zone with it, regardless of what position Jennings had on the ball.

Tate had his left hand on the ball through the entire catch, secured it with both feet down. Since it was in the end zone when it happened, the play was over before Jennings could complete the catch since his feet weren't down.

I went through the rules and definitions of possession and simultaneous possession, along with possession in the end zone. No matter how it is broke down, the Tate left hand is EVERYTHING, not the feet, but the feet do render a completion to Jennings useless.

I think the refs got it right, but probably didn't know they did until later. However, they got the non-call on Tate for offensive PI totally wrong. I can understand Packer fans being pissed about that. Like it was said earlier though, the Pack were awarded a second chance at their late score because of the Phantom call on Kam.

No matter what happened, justice was done, but no Seahawk hater or Packer fan will EVER agree. The opposition has yet to prove anything about the catch, only nonsense. If anything, they should be complaining about the Non call. Of course that was an equalizer from the Kam play, which would have prevented any of this crap from ever taking place.

Even if the game were considered a loss, it would not have changed anything in regard to the playoffs or the seeding as far as Seattle goes, only that GB would be the 2 and SF would be the 3.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I cant believe nobody had talked about the Vikings Vs 49ers game with the replacement refs and it was just ALL about the Packers getting "robbed". If you guys arent aware of what happened

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPoHfgrJBDI

Not only did he fumble the ball after the whistle was blown BUT SF called their 3rd timeout. Then they challenged the play and it was overturned even though they shouldnt of been able to and STILL had their timeout. Later right before the 2 minute warning Gerhardt fumbled the ball and SF called ANOTHER timeout and then AGAIN challenged the play right after. This time it was recovered by Gerhardt though.

So basically SF was allowed to call a timeout and then challenge TWICE AND they recovered the football on a fumble even though the whistle had been blown prior to the ball being fumbled.

Aside from a brief mention on the highlight shows that was it....and only because it didnt effect the outcome of the game even though what happened was far worse than what happened in Seattle IMO. Plus Kam got robbed on GBs touchdown drive that wouldnt of even happened.

Hawks46

Reaction score
thebanjodude":ygrsktcv said:
vin.couve12":ygrsktcv said:
Catch. Tate didn't have his hands on it first, but once he got both hands on it both feet and even his arse was down when the DB only had one foot down.

People need to stop talking about who had their feet down first. It makes our fan base look ignorant, because if you'd actually take the time to read the rules and the casebook you'd understand that it had no bearing on the call made (nor should it).

Really ? Explain to me how establishing possession, in bounds, has no bearing on the call made. You have two major elements to a catch: control of the ball, and possession in bounds. Having both before going out of bounds or to the ground it what makes or breaks a possession. So, if that has "no bearing" why aren't more people just hucking the ball up to Megatron and Brandon Marshall, letting them control the ball, then sailing out of bounds ?

Then, on top of that, Tate did get his hand on the ball first. Even all of us "ignorant" fans have seen one handed catches in the NFL. You don't need 2 hands to catch a ball. You DO need 2 feet. Tate had both feet down while Jennings was still in the air, bent over Tate's shoulder.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
You're twisting my words. I didn't say anything about receivers going out of bounds. In this situation, it doesn't matter who got their feet down first. What matters is who controlled the ball in the air first. Had Jennings controlled the ball in the air first and never lost control, it wouldn't have mattered whether Tate got his feet down first. It would have been an interception. Talking about Tate's feet being down in this situation is merely propagating ignorance. Incidentally I think it actually was simultaneously controlled by Tate and Jennings, therefore the refs got the call right. But it had nothing to do with Tate being the first to hit the ground.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I'm going to Wisconsin on Wednesday. I'm still debating how much Seahawks gear to wear. I want to wear my wolf gray #12, but I'm also slightly worried some...uhh..nice guy...will throw soda onto it and ruin it. Would be curious to see how many people approach me about the Wail Mary, though.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I told this to a family member (born and raised in WI) about it after the season was over:

"Based on the way your defense blocked for Kaepernick to run in your playoff game @ SF, you didn't deserve the #2 seed anyways."

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
thebanjodude":3l270qj8 said:

Since you're calling a whole lotta good folks out as being ignorant, hows about you go ahead and post those up for us...??

thebanjodude

Reaction score
If you want to know look it up yourself. If you want to be ignorant then be ignorant.

Cartire

Reaction score
thebanjodude":1skd9dd8 said:
If you want to know look it up yourself. If you want to be ignorant then be ignorant.

fact, the play you mention was in the 2011 casebook, not the 2012.

You need to look some stuff up if your gonna be ignorant.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
Cartire":cc316mzx said:
thebanjodude":cc316mzx said:

fact, the play you mention was in the 2011 casebook, not the 2012.

You need to look some stuff up if your gonna be ignorant.

Actually you're wrong.

A.R. 8.25 - 8.29 (cases dealing with simultaneous catch) are the same, word for word, in both the 2011 and 2012 case books.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
It was a catch. Always will be a catch. No doubt. It's a bummer to think there are fellow Seahawk fans out there who can't appreciate Golden's successful battle for that ball and the win. But it's not my bummer. And it's ancient history.

Stephen SeaHawking

Reaction score
Of course it was a catch. I always find it interesting how much media-driven suggestion can sway people's opinions and perceptions. The national media, led by ESPN, was just FOAMING at the mouth for a missed call that would ostensibly change the outcome of a game and force Goodell's hand to bring the real refs back. Even before the pass, ESPN was running articles like "When Will It Happen?" in regards to the replacement refs. They created this whole narrative from the get-go and were just waiting for the "controversial play" they could fit neatly into it.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1rbmms6z said:
I'm going to Wisconsin on Wednesday. I'm still debating how much Seahawks gear to wear. I want to wear my wolf gray #12, but I'm also slightly worried some...uhh..nice guy...will throw soda onto it and ruin it. Would be curious to see how many people approach me about the Wail Mary, though.

I think you'd be fine, these are Packer fans, not 49er fans. GB fans are pretty classy people.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not than anyone in the media or anywhere else would ever talk about the drive that the Packers scored their only TD on. They were flat out GIVEN two brutal calls that kept it going. Should have never come down to that last play anyway.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Throwdown":x2r5owz3 said:
Sarlacc83":x2r5owz3 said:

I think you'd be fine, these are Packer fans, not 49er fans. GB fans are pretty classy people.

It only takes one. Odds are pretty good they'll run out of breath before they get the cup in the air, though...

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":38d58jom said:

I don't think you have to worry about a thrown soda.

Smeared cheese curds, yes. But a soda? Nah.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I don't have a response for a September game from last season.

Are we going to implement an 'Our team got screwed' rebate plan? Because if so, then I'll trade that for XL or Vinny's helmet crossing the plane (after rebounding off the turf) = TD if we are.

If not, then on to next season.