Bring on the draft

WarHawks

Reaction score
I was 100% behind the Russ trade but I still can't understand why we let Wagz go? I understand that we saved $16 million but can't help but wonder how his presence as defensive captain would have affected the development of our defense and maintained our "heart" and identity.

I think it was a major mistake cutting Bobby who was well worth the money.
I agree. Especially seeing the dumpster fire on defense we are now.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Wagner was going to be a $20 million cap hit , Rams gave him $10 million. Hawks had to release him to get team under the cap. The only issue I had was the team didn’t tell him before and he found out watching tv

knownone

Reaction score
The comparison to 2011 is very accurate.

The only difference is that with the 2011 club, they got better as the year progressed. The opposite is true with this team, as their fundamentals continue to regress week after week.

In 2011 I remember how much better their tackling got. Earl was coming into his own, KJ was becoming a great tackler next to Hawthorne, Sherman and Chancellor were doing their thing. The LOB was born. Lynch was doing work. Overall I felt more hopefully for the 2011 team because they finished strong.

This team continues to show poor fundamentals, the coaches appear confused and lost.

Other than that, yes, the rookie class does rival the 2011 class so far, and I hope they find a way to get a signature win here before the end of the season so they have something to hang their hat on and build on this off-season.

Overall, this team lacks any real identity.
The current iteration of the defense is much closer to the 2010 season.

2011 had several veteran difference-makers in their prime to accompany our young core. For example, KJ Wright was the only player on our front seven under 27 years old. And while we had a young secondary, only Sherman was a rookie that season. People often forget Earl and Kam had a whole season of ups and downs in 2010 (Kam was a rotational player), and they got meaningful playoff experience to go along with it.

In contrast, 2010 had a mix of veteran and young talent that showed promise on an otherwise physically outmatched defense. And those guys became the core moving forward: Bryant, Mebane, Clemons, Earl, and eventually Kam. I look at this year's defense and see maybe four guys who fit that bill: Nwosu, Woolen, Brooks, and maybe Adams.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm just calling it how I see it. This team lacks heart. Something the 2011 team had. If the players don't care, why should we? It looks like they're sleepwalking out there at times as of late.

I'll always root for the Seahawks. I really hope a couple of guys dig deep and help this team out in the last 3 games.

I think you're confusing things like toughness, physicality and a nasty streak for "heart."

This team has plenty of heart, on both sides of the ball. But the defense is mostly an athletic finesse defense, and doesn't have enough dogs on it to bring that edge and physicality that the LOB teams had.

It's why Pete praised DK so much this week when asked about his personal foul penalties. He wants his players engaged, pissed off and taking things right up to that edge.

THAT'S what the defense needs. Not heart.

morgulon1

Reaction score
The comparison to 2011 is very accurate.

The only difference is that with the 2011 club, they got better as the year progressed. The opposite is true with this team, as their fundamentals continue to regress week after week.

In 2011 I remember how much better their tackling got. Earl was coming into his own, KJ was becoming a great tackler next to Hawthorne, Sherman and Chancellor were doing their thing. The LOB was born. Lynch was doing work. Overall I felt more hopefully for the 2011 team because they finished strong.

This team continues to show poor fundamentals, the coaches appear confused and lost.

Other than that, yes, the rookie class does rival the 2011 class so far, and I hope they find a way to get a signature win here before the end of the season so they have something to hang their hat on and build on this off-season.

Overall, this team lacks any real identity.
Great post.

I agree , who is on that defense that is a game changer ? A dude that leads and makes those around him accountable?
Seattle had several of those type in Sherman, Earl, Wagner , kJ, heck I might as well name them all. Damn we were fortunate to see that team dominate.
It was amazing see.