Offensive Coordinator replacement for 2016

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1ja8f4ne said:
And I find it equally amazing that you lay it all on him and dismiss everyone else. In any event, I see our offense coming together and am encouraged by that. We are about to hit our stride and put together a nice stretch like last year. That's his I see it.

There is plenty of blame to go around. But Bevell's simplistic play calling is no doubt one of those weaknesses.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":159di58a said:
And I find it equally amazing that you lay it all on him and dismiss everyone else. In any event, I see our offense coming together and am encouraged by that. We are about to hit our stride and put together a nice stretch like last year. That's how I see it.

How do you see it coming together honestly?

Outside of a long Rawls TD run and defensive score, the offense put up one TD in nearly 5 quarters. So.. how is that coming together?

We also can't continue to bank on "oh man we're going to just flip that switch and hit our stride and everything will be awesome!" .. we are 2-3 with wins over Jimmy Clausen and a NARROW win over the same team that just got their ish caved in by the division leader.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1cj5kzk7 said:
Siouxhawk":1cj5kzk7 said:
And I find it equally amazing that you lay it all on him and dismiss everyone else. In any event, I see our offense coming together and am encouraged by that. We are about to hit our stride and put together a nice stretch like last year. That's his I see it.

There is plenty of blame to go around. But Bevell's simplistic play calling is no doubt one of those weaknesses.
And I think that's an overall team philosophy that starts from above. Ground control, ball possession, field position and pass game to support the run game all with the encompassing veil that our defense will beat your defense. It's a formula that has worked well the last 2 years and I still believe in it.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3pruv3av said:
hawknation2015":3pruv3av said:
Siouxhawk":3pruv3av said:

And I think that's an overall team philosophy that starts from above. Ground control, ball possession, field position and pass game to support the run game all with the encompassing veil that our defense will beat your defense. It's a formula that has worked well the last 2 years and I still believe in it.

The philosophy is rock solid . . . Bevell's execution of that philosophy is not. AT ALL. Bevell's play calling is incredibly inconsistent and lacks an awareness of how to exploit out greatest strengths.

I think most people can see that Bevell is a contributing factor.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3j4w6nd1 said:
Siouxhawk":3j4w6nd1 said:
And I find it equally amazing that you lay it all on him and dismiss everyone else. In any event, I see our offense coming together and am encouraged by that. We are about to hit our stride and put together a nice stretch like last year. That's how I see it.

How do you see it coming together honestly?

Outside of a long Rawls TD run and defensive score, the offense put up one TD in nearly 5 quarters. So.. how is that coming together?

We also can't continue to bank on "oh man we're going to just flip that switch and hit our stride and everything will be awesome!" .. we are 2-3 with wins over Jimmy Clausen and a NARROW win over the same team that just got their ish caved in by the division leader.
Yeah, but we also could be 5-0 by the same slim margins, right. The biggest thing I was impressed with Sunday was more growth by the line, and of course Rawls. More concerned by the play of the LOB. I just don't like us moving Sherman around. Can't we play that zone anymore? Williams has to find some consistency. Too many big plays kept Cincys hopes alive when they picked on him.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":2zhttyi0 said:
Scottemojo":2zhttyi0 said:
And would he ever be so damn dumb that he lined both his fullbacks up out wide in an empty set?

That never happened, did it? Did that really happen? Tell me that didn't happen, please.

How about having our best pass catcher block on a crucial 3rd down passing situation? I mean, what the flipping flip!? Who does that? Oh yeah.
It happened. Monday night against the Lions.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":1ih3w2sd said:
WindCityHawk":1ih3w2sd said:
This argument needs to stop, it's a fallacy. We went to the Superbowl twice with Jon Ryan too, but we didn't go BECAUSE of him. We went to the Superbowl twice when I wore my #12 jersey all year, but we didn't go BECAUSE of my jersey.

Well, that fake field goal in last year's NFC Championship game would beg to differ!

That would have been a mutual decision between our Head Coach and Special Teams Coordinator Brian Schneider. You kind of proved my point, Bevell doesn't have his fingerprints on anything we've done well.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Maybe we need a new DC also our TO ratio is pretty low.As for a new OC I dunno who but no to Zorny.He would be no better than DB

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
A name nobody has thrown out there is Mike McCoy, HC of the San Diego Chargers.

I think he could get canned if the Charger's fail to be more competitive. I think he could be a solid candidate.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Chawker":nk71muwd said:
Its way easier too replace some so-called fans then a OC. Get it?

bye-bye now, bye-bye

I thought it was against forum rules to question people's fanhood?

thebanjodude

Reaction score
Lane Kiffin would be like hiring Bevell all over again. Remember the Alabama - Ohio State playoff game?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Some college coach.

Sean Payton wouldn't be bad.

Chip Kelly, rumor has it if Philly lets him go, USC wants him.

Please no Greg Knapp, Jeremy Bates, if Matt Hasselbeck retires I wonder if he would make a good OC?

Davidess

Reaction score
An interesting get would be Rhett Lashlee, OC from Auburn.
Always loved Gus Malzahns play design (think about the pass out of the read option) I think Rhett could bring some of that here.

If and its a big IF but if Bevell were to leave (which I think is highly unlikely) I think Pete is going to do one of two things either promote from within maybe Dave Canales the WR's coach.
I doubt Cable gets the full on play calling duty as he already has a bunch on his plate with developing this young O-line.

or two it will be a young college coach that has shown some sort of innovation but also is inline with Petes philosophy and that's running the ball.

I understand how some people can be upset at Bevell, but also understand that its Pete who is driving the train. If Bevell's play calling was that bad in petes eyes don't you think he would be fired already? and also understand that it is not the OC's fault if a play isn't executed correctly. a lot of the time the plays aren't executed the way they should be because of timing, things knock WR's off or the Oline breaks down or hell (and we've all seen it) RW doesn't see a wide open WR/TE/RB. The play that a few people are bringing up vs Cincy about Graham breaking out to the right and how RW should've thrown the ball, look at Fred Jackson after he chips the DE. if RW rolls out/Backs out of the pocket (like hes so prone to do) he has Jackson or even a nice run for a 1st.

blame execution.

Bevell will be here next year barring he goes somewhere else on his own accord.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":v0bkg4mo said:
Considering we've put the vast majority of Paul Allen's resources into our defense, we should be winning games with a two touchdown lead in the fourth quarter. The offense set us up to best Cincy, and unfortunately we let it get away
Your bias is thick. Earl got an interception to erase a Cincy score, and Bennett and Wagner a scoop and score. At least 10 of those point in that 17 point gap, if not 14, are because of the D.
6 consecutive punts with 40 yards of offense, or thereabouts. you want to blame that on the defense. Anyone who can watch the third down plays and not see that cincy was onto our 3rd down passing tendency is not blind, they are being obtuse.