Odell Beckham out of control, spearing with his helmet

Largent80

Reaction score
ringless":2gir7c1x said:
@RapSheet 24m24 minutes ago
As of a couple minutes ago, the #Giants and @NFL were trying to make sense of why Josh Norman was carrying a black bat on the field pregame

@art_stapleton
I'm told Norman was swinging a baseball bat on the sideline during pre-game warmups + got the attention of players on the field.

"In pregame warmups, at least one Panthers official, and possibly more, carried black baseball bats on to the field and were motioning with them towards Odell Beckham Jr. while making comments to him, per a league source. Norman later grabbed the black bat and was swinging it in pregame warmups – which, by the way, an NFL Films camera captured. Beckham, according to another source, felt threatened and it helped put him in a certain frame of mind. It does not excuse what he did during the course of the game, but it does explain what led up to the battle that still is the talk of the league today."

https://www.facebook.com/AdamSchefter/p ... 0336660940

In a league that fines players for wearing improper socks and shoes, how is it that baseball bats can be brought onto the field?

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1esgl323 said:
Anyone remember when those guys lost to SF at home in the playoffs because they got all wrapped up in being tougher than the Niners?
It is a liability that will bite them in the ass.

I disagree a little. The Panthers played the tough guy act in Seattle earlier this year and won. In the past, many teams that played Seattle dirty have been more competitive in the games than the Vegas line would have indicated. The Rams are dirty as hell, and their winning percentage against Seattle in the Wilson era is better than it is against non-Seattle opponents.

Where I agree is that a finesse team can't fake toughness against a true tough team. But is there a true tough team in the NFL this season? I don't see one. The Panthers might have as much toughness as anyone, especially when Jonathan Stewart is healthy.

kearly

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1ocjxe7w said:
Schefter already reporting he's likely getting suspended a game. FWIW.

That's bad news for us, because we want the Giants to win next week. But good for the NFL if they do it. I wonder if Norman will get punished as well?

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Norman should be suspended as well then. The guy is a dirty player and I don't say this based off one game. He is a pathetic little cheap shot player who intentionally goaded Beckham. I'm not saying what Odell did is right it isn't. heck I'm not even a fan of Odell though I did hope we would have a chance to draft him.
Norman has been getting away with this crap for too long as it is. Hopefully this puts a spotlight on him from here on out.

RussB

Reaction score
Norman was giving him a hard time and being a dick too. Odell is known to throw tantrums when you give him a hard time. Norman should have seen it coming he was pissing him off all day long. Both guys took it a little too far.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/679043735993327617[/tweet]

253hawk

Reaction score
They're both idiots, but wtf was up with Panthers bringing baseball bats onto the field during pregame warm-ups? Norman and the Panthers are hardly innocent in this.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ChrisLaw/status/679021865449328640[/tweet]

RussB

Reaction score
253hawk":1kd8owre said:
They're both idiots, but wtf was up with Panthers bringing baseball bats onto the field during pregame warm-ups? Norman and the Panthers are hardly innocent in this.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ChrisLaw/status/679021865449328640[/tweet]
Yea dont get why they are making norman out to be some victim here. He pretty much started it and knew what he was doing.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kearly":174emwjs said:
Scottemojo":174emwjs said:
Anyone remember when those guys lost to SF at home in the playoffs because they got all wrapped up in being tougher than the Niners?

I disagree a little. The Panthers played the tough guy act in Seattle earlier this year and won. In the past, many teams that played Seattle dirty have been more competitive in the games than the Vegas line would have indicated. The Rams are dirty as hell, and their winning percentage against Seattle in the Wilson era is better than it is against non-Seattle opponents.

Where I agree is that a finesse team can't fake toughness against a true tough team. But is there a true tough team in the NFL this season? I don't see one. The Panthers might have as much toughness as anyone, especially when Jonathan Stewart is healthy.
Seems he isn't a worry. What now? Seriously I'm beyond livid that teams like Arizona and Carolina are all the rage. Luckily revenge is sweet, cold and it's coming like a freight train. And Norman being something other then a punk? Have fun explaining that because I really need a laugh right now. Why is he allowed to circumvent the "Seahawk" rules while Sherman can't, Riddle me that?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
While Norman isn't innocent of goading Beckham, what Beckham did on the field was egregious and dangerous.

One-game suspension is too light imo.

ringless

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3bkugl79 said:
kearly":3bkugl79 said:
Scottemojo":3bkugl79 said:

Seems he isn't a worry. What now? Seriously I'm beyond livid that teams like Arizona and Carolina are all the rage. Luckily revenge is sweet, cold and it's coming like a freight train. And Norman being something other then a punk? Have fun explaining that because I really need a laugh right now. Why is he allowed to circumvent the "Seahawk" rules while Sherman can't, Riddle me that?

Lol, well you've been wrong about a lot this year. But I can't blame you for supporting your team on the other hand. Not sure how you could be beyond livid when both those teams beat Seattle and have combined for a 26-2 record. Of course they will be all the rage.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2k52lw0o said:
And Minnesota and Washington are in.

Minnesota wasn't missing the playoffs anyway. The Giants needed a small miracle to get in.

MizzouHawkGal":2k52lw0o said:

I don't know why you'd be upset at a 14-0 team and a 12-2 team getting a lot of love in the media. It's not like no one is talking about Seattle.. countless reporters, media outlets, other fan bases, etc all know Seattle is lurking. Who cares?

As far as Norman and the Seahawk rules.. I don't even know what that means. Are you referring to how he plays physically during the game? If you're referring to yesterday, the crew as a whole let that game get out of control.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
OBJ is indeed known for throwing tantrums every time he gets tight coverage. Now that a CB is actively baiting him it's no wonder he snaps and I think this might actually have been the Panthers' plan from the start with all the weird stuff beforehand. Anyway you put it though that was extremely immature by Beckham, I can't even imagine the most annoying receivers like Dez Bryant or Crabtree doing things like that. Totally deserves the suspensions.

Norman is starting to irritate me as well though. He talks just as much as Sherman, maybe even more, but instead of backing it up with strong coverage and/or mulitple PDs and INTS he just plays dirty. I hope ADB gets too humble him in the play-offs.

OrFan

Reaction score
So, he got baited, and maybe even called a few sexual names? Say it isn't so!

If that is all it takes for him to act this way, he is going to have serious problems going forward if he can't quit throwing temper tantrums like a five year old. Others will take advantage of this and he will have a rough time if he doesn't learn.

I'm glad he got suspended. He deserved it.

A

Anonymous

ilikedlargent":2o7xyaap said:
Beckham will appeal and end up playing anyway

I doubt it.

I believe the NFL, and the Players Union, both see this as what represents an example of exactly what they do NOT want to see happening on the field, especially among players ranking extremely high on the jersey-sales charts.

OBJ is going to be made an example of, and doing so will get support from virtually anybody and everybody that matters. Anybody talking about the NFL in front of millions of viewers supports the suspension, that I've seen anyway.

Nope, this suspension is damage control and it sticks, plain, and simple. Anybody not seeing this should take two steps back outside the box, take a deep breath, and think about it again. It's okay, It will come to you.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Largent80":1ayum1sv said:
ringless":1ayum1sv said:
@RapSheet 24m24 minutes ago
As of a couple minutes ago, the #Giants and @NFL were trying to make sense of why Josh Norman was carrying a black bat on the field pregame

@art_stapleton
I'm told Norman was swinging a baseball bat on the sideline during pre-game warmups + got the attention of players on the field.

"In pregame warmups, at least one Panthers official, and possibly more, carried black baseball bats on to the field and were motioning with them towards Odell Beckham Jr. while making comments to him, per a league source. Norman later grabbed the black bat and was swinging it in pregame warmups – which, by the way, an NFL Films camera captured. Beckham, according to another source, felt threatened and it helped put him in a certain frame of mind. It does not excuse what he did during the course of the game, but it does explain what led up to the battle that still is the talk of the league today."

https://www.facebook.com/AdamSchefter/p ... 0336660940

In a league that fines players for wearing improper socks and shoes, how is it that baseball bats can be brought onto the field?
As long as they black out the logo ;)

Latest posts