Odell Beckham out of control, spearing with his helmet

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I didnt watch the game so I can't comment too much, but I e watched enough Carolina games this year to know that Norman has been a flat out punk all season long. I can't stand that dude.

I'm sure people will think seahawk fans are hypocritical for saying that because we support Sherman, but IMO most of his antics were good natured and fun, Norman is a little thug out on the field.

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/679165660996501504[/tweet]

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2dc6wiha said:
ilikedlargent":2dc6wiha said:
Beckham will appeal and end up playing anyway

I doubt it.

I believe the NFL, and the Players Union, both see this as what represents an example of exactly what they do NOT want to see happening on the field, especially among players ranking extremely high on the jersey-sales charts.

OBJ is going to be made an example of, and doing so will get support from virtually anybody and everybody that matters. Anybody talking about the NFL in front of millions of viewers supports the suspension, that I've seen anyway.

Nope, this suspension is damage control and it sticks, plain, and simple. Anybody not seeing this should take two steps back outside the box, take a deep breath, and think about it again. It's okay, It will come to you.
Again I respestfully disagree and maybe you should rethink your opinion given his antics pregame and his outright fouling in game. But what do I know? I guess I'm blind or something.

I know punk when I see it especially if it's on national television. Both should be suspended no question. But since it's the NFL they screwed it up as usual.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
hawknation2015":yzlja5nm said:
jake206":yzlja5nm said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/679165660996501504[/tweet]

NY media is working overtime to justify his antics, i.e. baseball bats, gay slurs made him do it. etc.

Yep. And only succeeding in making him look like a very weak-minded guy. I mean, most grown-ass adults can shrug off petty and inflammatory insults.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Odell got out smarted. You can't fall for that shit. Norman's a scum bag but at least he's a smart scum bag.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I don't see any serious case for suspending Norman.
Beckham had a pissy fit when he wasn't being successful and then lost his head and acted like a middle schooler. Just not smart. Be more discreet about your cheap shots.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Beckham lost it but Norman should have gotten suspended too. He's not innocent in all of this and probably instigated it. He's getting off scott free basically..... what a possible fine? Big deal that is to a player earning millions.

253hawk

Reaction score
How about let's not bring baseball bats onto the field and trying to antagonize. You wanna get into someone's head? Okay, you did it. Now you've got to worry about how they're going to react, and you can't always expect them to be civil about it.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/yankeefan708/status/679124631605911553[/tweet]

45Hawker

Reaction score
Odell lost his mind in this game:

[youtube]u0ZdtiKWfDE[/youtube]

...and the refs lost control.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I thought this game was worthy of watching in the all 22, and it is.
Beckham was a target of Finnegan and Norman all game long. Beckham was no saint, but it is so clear they were trying to Rodman/Brickowski him that the inaction of the refs is deplorable. Norman was trying to suplex him on tackles, did the "accidental" stand over a tackled player thing to draw a PF, and on the play where Beckahm went way over the line, a few seconds before the earhole attempt Norman head slaps Beckham. And just two plays later Norman goes after him again. Even stepping over Norman was just a payback for the same thing Norman had done.

I totally get why Coughlin thinks the punishments are unfair.

Basis4day

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/679723047474036738[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/679723426047737856[/tweet]

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I'm glad it got overturned. Frankly, they should have suspended Rivera a game for the way his players were acting before and during the game.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2jsj46kp said:
I'm glad it got overturned. Frankly, they should have suspended Rivera a game for the way his players were acting before and during the game.

Because two wrongs make a right?

Beckham intentionally initiated a helmet to helmet collision. Whoever handled the appeal obviously does not care about the safety and well being of the players.

Suspend Carolina too if there is justification.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2w9hdcv5 said:
Scottemojo":2w9hdcv5 said:

Because two wrongs make a right?

Beckham intentionally initiated a helmet to helmet collision. Whoever handled the appeal obviously does not care about the safety and well being of the players.

Suspend Carolina too if there is justification.
If Carolina didn't make it part of their gameplan and pre game plan to target Beckham, there is almost no chance any of this happens. Homophobic slurs, bats, and repeated cheap shots along with plenty of baiting. And Beckham took a shot to the head just before he delivered one.

So I would have no problem with a Beckham suspension if Norman got one too. Or Rivera, for allowing or promoting a level of intimidation that has nothing to do with good football.

Basis4day

Reaction score
While not dismissing either Beckham or Norman, you need to be more than a little crazy to play football and i don't fool myself into thinking that players are thinking rationally 100% of the time.

However, i do expect rationality from the refs. They could have ejected both players on several occasions and chose not to because one player is one of the greatest WRers playing right now and the other is one of the greatest CBs playing right now. I am equally angry with both coaches who cared more about winning than the integrity of the game.

If a no name Guard and a no name DT got into it the way those to they would have been tossed.

253hawk

Reaction score
Cause and effect. It's not like Beckham just snapped and went mustang. There was a lot of instigation to get a reaction, and, well, they got it. Some people might ignore you if you honk behind them at a green light. Others might snap into road rage and try to shoot you in broad daylight. You just never know how someone is going to react...so don't put yourself in those situations to begin with.

Refs need to ignore the name on the backs of the jerseys, no matter how popular they are or if their team is undefeated or whatever, and just start tossing players out. The longer the league trivializes trash behavior, the more it escalates, and the refs are too ill-prepared to handle it because they're so far behind in dishing out severe punishment that it makes them look heavy-handed should they decide to toss someone.

This is absolutely on the coaches as well. Both should have been benched for a while if not for the rest of the game.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Lawrence Tynes is trolling Twitter.

The appeal hearing just ended, per Schef and Rap. No verdict until later.