Not To Be A Troll But (Super Bowl)

HansGruber

Reaction score
I've reserved a hotel room and plane ticket, and will wait until the playoffs to buy the ticket. My plan is to spend the week preceding the Superbowl having a blast in NYC.

I attended Superbowl XL with a friend and it was just as DJToy said. The Steeler fans in our section were very hostile. The vendors weren't selling Seahawk gear. We didn't care much, but the loss was devastating. Loved DJtoy's report, it was much the same as my own experience.

One thing I learned from XL:

If you make a vacation out of the trip, plan to do your sight-seeing and hanging out the week BEFORE the game. I spent 6 days after XL in Detroit, and was unable to enjoy all the things I had planned because I was just so depressed about the loss.

Seeker

Reaction score
Marshawn voice: IDGAF WE STILL GOIN TO THE SUPABOWL!!!

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Thanks for the PrimeSport link. I like the way other posters are thinking. I may try to arrange lodging, and a refundable plane ticket by using airline miles. I have a feeling that there's a decent chance that the AFC representative might be from far away (Denver, Kansas City) and if that happened ticket prices might actually crater if it's them vs Seahawks in NYC.

calhawkfan

Reaction score
While I think it would be cool to go to the Super Bowl, I think I would like to experience the week leading up to it more. I always like listening to sports talk radio, and watching the sports networks because of all the former/current players that make appearances, not to mention all the fans that come out. It's football talk 24/7 by everyone, and I have heard the displays the NFL puts on are pretty impressive.

themunn

Reaction score
It was under serious consideration, but my money is going on a trip to the world cup. The hawks will make plenty more superbowls, but I'll likely be dead next time there's a wc in brazil!

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
themunn":3ps3zw9z said:
It was under serious consideration, but my money is going on a trip to the world cup. The hawks will make plenty more superbowls, but I'll likely be dead next time there's a wc in brazil!

Not bad. Not bad, at all. The way I have been traveling (and will for playoffs) I will not have any vacation left from work to attend WC so that makes it easy for me. First things first.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
BocciHawk":xdu8iw6e said:
Thanks for the PrimeSport link. I like the way other posters are thinking. I may try to arrange lodging, and a refundable plane ticket by using airline miles. I have a feeling that there's a decent chance that the AFC representative might be from far away (Denver, Kansas City) and if that happened ticket prices might actually crater if it's them vs Seahawks in NYC.

This is my dream scenario and probably only way that I could afford going. I wonder what would be absolutely rock bottom price if this was to happen...Here are some pics from a soccer game that I went to @ Metlife. I was in second section, not quite nosebleeds, but up there. Stadium was brand new, I remember seeing some construction still going on. A definite plus was the shuttle service, wish we had gone that route, driving was a nightmare. There are four giant TVs in total. At the time, I remember wishing they had more food vendors around. It is very close to several shopping malls and restaurants, but none right next to stadium.

Before Kickoff:
2edpm5u

During game:
14m9qns

JerHawk81

Reaction score
Ugh. I had put aside 5K for this, but it sounds like it will not be nearly enough.

Ugh ugh ugh

djb28

Reaction score
I this k that kind of money is disgusting. Maybe I would think differently if I were rich. My projector is 170 inches. Good enough

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
looking at prices for dec 15th game...nosebleeds are at 150.00

damn giants and their crappy 4 game streak...

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
Njseahawks, I have a pair in section 325 row 14 for $120.00 each which is less then face value.

Let me know if your interested

That's for the 12/15 game

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
JerHawk81":3tgr70rf said:
Ugh. I had put aside 5K for this, but it sounds like it will not be nearly enough.

Ugh ugh ugh

As your financial consultant, I advise you to simply put that 5K on Seattle to win the NFC right now (currently 7:5odds). When we beat the Saints on MNF, those odds will drop significantly. In addition, we will be favored as hosts of the NFC Championship so there will be opportunity to hedge some amount of your wager by taking our opponent as an underdog plus the points in attempt to win BOTH wagers.

When the Hawks make it to the Super Bowl you will then have a minimum $12,000 at your disposal....

No problem.

RezHawk

Reaction score
Man the after market prices are oppressive! The only way I could afford the big dance would be to win the lottery on tickets released by the Seahawks to season ticket holders, if that happens I will be there. I have an alternative plan and have booked rooms in Seattle over Superbowl weekend because they will probably be having some kind of viewing events going on at the stadium. Another idea I had was to attend the giants or jets last home game and just hide in the stadium until the Superbowl but that probably wouldn't work out any better than my last attempt to sneak into a Superbowl.

themunn

Reaction score
HansGruber":3iy2hjau said:
One thing I learned from XL:

If you make a vacation out of the trip, plan to do your sight-seeing and hanging out the week BEFORE the game. I spent 6 days after XL in Detroit, and was unable to enjoy all the things I had planned because I was just so depressed about the loss.

Surely just being in Detroit was depressing enough?

Regardless, you couldn't enjoy the things because you were just so depressed about the loss... but think of how much MORE you would have enjoyed them if we had won?

I would go half and half anyway, surely half the fun is the build-up to the Superbowl?

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
The Afc is the home team this yr.
Afc-even number yr.
NFC- odd number yr

Latest posts