Not To Be A Troll But (Super Bowl)

ZagHawk

Reaction score
IF we make it the Superbowl this year AND I somehow manage a pair of tickets via the lottery system they use to the game. Then I will definitely go, as I'd be willing to give up the opportunity of making a couple grand for the opportunity of seeing our team potentially win its first SB in franchise history. However, if I don't manage to get tickets at cost and have to buy it second hand, then no I won't go. I just don't have $2500 to spend for a pair of nosebleed tickets to the SB (in addition to airfare, hotel, dog sitting, babysitter, etc.).

ZagHawk

Reaction score
djTOY2000":1blhhsph said:
I will share my SUPERBOWL experience

blah blah
RANDOM PICture
BLAH BLAH BLAH

BLAH BLAH
Another random Picture
BLAH BLAH BLAH

172215 10150132194294743 5690460 o zpsb69a08f1

Forget the rest

Sorry what did you write? All I saw was the hot chick standing behind the commentator.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
It's going to cost oil money.

Would love to go.. but for the cost of everything I could throw up an 80 inch TV and get a spread of wings and be warm in my own place.

Honestly I think I'd rather go to the NFC Championship anyway.. especially if it's in Seattle.

maporsche

Reaction score
I've been thinking about this too. I live in Chicago now and I'm torn between going to see the Super Bowl or flying into Seattle to watch the game with my brothers and a few thousand Seahawks fans downtown. What to do???

I'll be in Seattle for the NFCCG for sure.

djTOY2000

Reaction score
maporsche":3p0g3b0o said:
I've been thinking about this too. I live in Chicago now and I'm torn between going to see the Super Bowl or flying into Seattle to watch the game with my brothers and a few thousand Seahawks fans downtown. What to do???

I'll be in Seattle for the NFCCG for sure.

i can't recall where i heard this "rumor", but it was said that things have already been started and in the works that "if" this happens, there will be an official gathering for all fans down at the WAMU theater for 6,500 fans and you'll have to purchase a $12 ticket to attend the official viewing.... if that holds true and all of the stars align, i think i would rather be there than in NY watching the 'Hawks win --- oh my oh my, to think how crazy it was when we won the NFCCG, it will be one helluva PARTY up in SEATTLE !!

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
Djtoy, great recap of your trip. It's the only Super Bowl in the last couple of yrs that ticket prices were going up in the days leading up to the game. Damn stealer fans
Like you mentioned, There were no replays shown and i remember leaving the game saying, damn, could've had that game. Didn't make the big play. Didn't play as well as we could've. Then going outside and hearing my phone blow up with about 20 messages saying how we were robbed.
You are right, The seahawks fanbase for that super bowl was absolutely pathetic.

djTOY2000

Reaction score
FDNYHAWK":2z93wu9k said:
Djtoy, great recap of your trip......
You are right, The seahawks fanbase for that super bowl was "absolutely pathetic".

not to knock or take away those that went to Detroit, but that comment above would be giving our traveling fanbase actual credit and a compliment for that day, pathetic would be an utter understatement... comparing the weeks leading up to the game, being at QWEST for the divisional game and NFCCG, i would have thought we would have had more make the sacrifice and trip to XL...

if we were to get the same response from fans (be it that we make it to NY in February) i will be pissed...

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Book your room on booking.com and use the refundable rate. That way you take care of a huge component of your trip without exposing yourself too much.

maporsche

Reaction score
djTOY2000":2i7vzmkv said:
if we were to get the same response from fans (be it that we make it to NY in February) i will be pissed...

You're right; going to the SB. I owe the team and fellow fans that much, assuming they make it there.

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
Djtoy, your right, I was being kind. I spent 8 days in Seattle to watch both our playoff game and the excitement after the championship game was unreal. Still amazed that no one showed. People don't believe me when I say we had about 8,000 fans at the Super Bowl but I don't even think it was that many.
Anyway, I hope we get a better turnout this yr

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
It will be very very difficult for me to justify missing an opportunity like that. If the Seahawks make it. I will (likely~wiggleroom~) have to be there, too.

When playoff season rolls around I will probably start up a Super Bowl ROADHAWKING thread where we can discuss this and share info on tickets and parties and rooms, finances etc.

(Even though we will still have 2 or 3 other playoff games to contend with and enjoy)

Will be a very exciting 2014.

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
Even with the outcome of XL I never regretted going. The few days leading up to the game were a blast, even being in Detroit. I know we were vastly outnumbered, but I remember that being part of the fun of it. When the Steelers had the ball we were still 12th man loud. Had more that one Steelers fan tell me they couldn't believe so few people could be so make that much noise. If we were to make it again this year, I know we would be much better represented.

Also, XL was probably the strangest Super Bowl ever. The entire city of Detroit went out of its way to turn into Pittsburgh north because of the Jerome Bettis story, one for the thumb, blah blah blah. Even our hotel in Ann Arbor was decked out in Black and Gold and treating all the wasted Stealer fans like royalty. I don't see any similar storyline like that playing out this time and if we make it I'd say we'll be immensely more popular with the general public than we were last time. This team is about as baaaaaad as they come, while the XL squad was considered soft and lucky to be there.

I would strongly encourage anyone with anywhere near resembling the means to do so go represent this year if we make it. We're on the verge of something BIG as a team and fan base from a public perception perspective, and taking that next step to being one of 'those' teams will only happen once.

djTOY2000

Reaction score
imnKOgnito":27r29x4j said:
...When the Steelers had the ball we were still 12th man loud. Had more that one Steelers fan tell me they couldn't believe so few people could be so make that much noise...

I know right... it was on the Seahawks opening drive and we killed it moving the ball and there were quite a few good SEA-HAWKS chants that erupted from the stands as our offense silenced the steeler nation that was in there, as well as there were some good SEA-HAWKS chants when we kept them from moving the ball... all 7,500 of us that were there

Riley12

Reaction score
imnKOgnito":1vm6qiu2 said:
...When the Steelers had the ball we were still 12th man loud. Had more that one Steelers fan tell me they couldn't believe so few people could be so make that much noise...

If I recall correctly, I even brought a Taco del Mar cup with me as a megaphone - a 'lucky charm' that had carried me through most of the season, including the NFCCG. A Steeler fan that I was sitting next to was looking at me like I was crazy while I was screaming my lungs out.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
How great would it be if Paul Allen, himself, went around gobbling up every available ticket he could find and reselling them at a reduced cost/giving them to verified 12th Mans? I think that would be hella sweet.

(Should I have said 12th Men or 12th Mans in that instance?)

beasthawk

Reaction score
My brother has a house in NJ and he will be housing me for the SB if hawks go. I am wishing we could push fast forward on this sesason and see how it all ends. At worst I will watch the game on my 51in TV...

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I would have gladly gone to XL if I had won the season ticket holder lottery, or if any friend had and was able to offer me a ticket at face value. I wasn't all that enamored of going to Detroit (though I do have relatives there).

I will go to this Super Bowl if I win the season ticket holder lottery, or if any friend is able to offer me a ticket a face value.

$2k-$3k for a ticket on the secondary market is hard to justify. I would hope that prices would fall once the teams are known, depending of course on who is playing. I would also hope that prices might fall once the weather forecasts are known.

I'm having a tough time wrapping my head around the idea of buying tickets the day before or the day of. I understand that scalpers can get stuck with tickets, but wow, paying $500-$600 for a plane ticket and lodging, flying to NYC, only to possibly be stuffed when buying a ticket? Or getting a bogus ticket in the parking lot? Either way sounds very very ugly.

nsport

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1fqqhph5 said:
When the Seahawks Go To The Super Bowl

Who from this board is seriously planning to attend?

I need to give this serrrrrrrious thought. It involves budgeting and game planning.

I recall that TheHawkster and his wife have already booked a hotel room and did so prior to the advent of the season.

Anyone else thinking about this?

You are such a troll.... and I already bought my plane ticket!