Norwood

Anthony!

Reaction score
Largent80":149cb7v3 said:
Hasselbeck":149cb7v3 said:
Largent80":149cb7v3 said:
It is plain to see...(and I just re watched the play on my recording) Norwood is wide open with nobody around him for more than 5 yards. He was open for literally seconds, and RW had plenty of time to pick his target. He simply did not look his way.

GmmoQZI

Open yes.. getting into the end zone.. no.

Bullshit, I just watched it 10 times in a row. Norwood scores easily.

Doesn't mean squat now does it?. But #3 better be looking instead of locking.

WE lost an easy 6 right there.

Sorry dud eI have rewatched it too, for one Rw has someone in his face, he had no time to go to the next read which was Norwood, also again you can guess he would have gotten in all you want, but you do not know for sure it is a guess. What we knwo for sure is Kearse dropped a esy, sure TD pass, that cost us the game. That is a fact, wheather Norwood scores or not is a guess. If he had thrown it adn NOorwood not made it in you would be complainin he should not have thrown it. I agree with what Rw did there.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Largent80":3fcq0sdl said:
Hasselbeck":3fcq0sdl said:
Largent80":3fcq0sdl said:
It is plain to see...(and I just re watched the play on my recording) Norwood is wide open with nobody around him for more than 5 yards. He was open for literally seconds, and RW had plenty of time to pick his target. He simply did not look his way.

GmmoQZI

Open yes.. getting into the end zone.. no.

Bullshit, I just watched it 10 times in a row. Norwood scores easily.

Doesn't mean squat now does it?. But #3 better be looking instead of locking.

WE lost an easy 6 right there.

:lol:

I like how you just ignore the corner that's staring at him at the top of the screen.. and I guess the rest of the Chiefs would just watch and stare too.

Would like to see the All-22 of this play for a better look though.

Either way.. I'm sure Russ was told "throw it to a guy in the EZ.. or out of the back of it" .. with no timeouts and 12 seconds left.

And Zeb is right.. this play should have never happened because Kearse dropped a TD the play before.

Anthony!

Reaction score
HawkWow":3d38zm5p said:
I hate being the guy that says: IF Norwood was more reliable than Kearse, we'd be targeting him more than Kearse, but sometimes the obvious apparently must be stated.

Norwood was my favorite pick in this draft, and I stated that the day of his selection. The kid is money and everything a scrambling QB could hope for, but I am certain his down time has him a bit behind Kearse. It's not like we gave a 1st, a 3rd, a 7th and a billion dollars for Kearse, so it's not like the staff feels it mandatory to feature him for any reason other than he's (currently) our 2nd, if not best option at the position.

I'd definitely call the incomplete pass in the endzone to Kearse a drop. I think Anthony, certainly in defense of Russ, stated that "99% of the receivers in the league make that catch". Very true, Anthony, but 99% of the receivers in the NFL also drop that ball, as well. Kearse was trying to jockey for position while making sure he had both feet in. It happens and it would be foolish to blame Kearse for the loss.

I will have to focus more on Chop. Too many in here are stating he is going half speed on some routes for it to be false. I have no idea why Kearse, soon to be a RFA, would choose this year to drag his ass. Makes absolutely no sense. Further, if you believe everything you read, most are saying both Baldwin and Kearse have regressed this year. I definitely see a less angry Doug out there, but if both of our top receivers are lacking focus or regressing, I'd say it's quite possible there is more to the story.

On Richardson...I agree, I have no idea why we keep having him run curls. Having watched him closely at CU, I know he's a good route runner, underneath and otherwise, but I find it hard to believe we brought his speed aboard to basically make him a possession receiver. Again, there has to be more to the story. Certainly we know now that they brought him in to replace numbnuts, but sending him deep would clean up for both Baldwin and Norwood, who are more physical and accustomed to and better suited for, curls, slants and underneath to mid level routes. SMH.

I don't see us winning it all this year. I vote we spend the rest of the season getting RW in tune with his receivers, the long ball, stepping up, etc. Get Michael on the field as well. To ignore these steps could very well see us again struggling with the same stuff next year, imo.

"I think Anthony, certainly in defense of Russ, stated that "99% of the receivers in the league make that catch". Very true, Anthony, but 99% of the receivers in the NFL also drop that ball, as well. Kearse was trying to jockey for position while making sure he had both feet in. It happens and it would be foolish to blame Kearse for the loss. "

This make sno sense if 99% cathc it then 99% cannot drop it. A drop is a drop and it cost us the game, is it the only reason? No but it is huge and validates the lack of play makers on Offense out side of Lynch and Wilson. Even Moon, MIllan, Huard, and MH all said it is a catch that an NFL WR should and must catch.

As to Norwood, I too think he will be huge, but he and RW need time to get in sync.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Anthony":2xfrmeve said:
This make sno sense if 99% cathc it then 99% cannot drop it. A drop is a drop and it cost us the game, is it the only reason? No but it is huge and validates the lack of play makers on Offense out side of Lynch and Wilson. Even Moon, MIllan, Huard, and MH all said it is a catch that an NFL WR should and must catch.

Not defending Kearse, but over my many years watching football I've heard that statement made about every receiver in the league. Even good receivers sometimes drop balls.

SC

capncrunch

Reaction score
NorCalSeahawk":1p0o7vs7 said:
I like Norwood and I hope he gets a few more plays here and there throughout the rest of the season. I would guess he's a rookie and the team is not going to lean on he and Richardson as much as they will lean on the two vets in Baldwin and Kearse. I really hope he gets in on a few more red zone plays though, he is that big body with great hands the team needs, just saying he would be a great target for Wilson in the back of the end zone.

Totally, we need to develop a bigger receiver with good hands. He wasn't amazing but he did pretty well with the Crimson Tide. That says something to me.