Non Attending 12's: Where Are YOU Watching SBXLIX?

GMJ

Reaction score
Saturday: Go to Costco and buy 2 copies of the official SB XLIX program the night before.
Sunday: Drive down an hour to a small gathering to deliver one of the programs to our two friends who live south of Seattle. During the games, their two dogs barked every time the Seahawks scored. Basically, I'm doing the same thing I did last February. (It's only weird if it doesn't work!)

It was wonderful sight watching two long-time Seahawks fans be so cheerful after seeing their team win the championship for the first time.

Go Hawks!

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
idahawks":vxmlhgnv said:
My house 110" projector 1080i. Couple close Seahawks friends, their families, my family, maybe a couple other close friends. End's up being about 10-12 adults and 6 kids. Hard to squeeze everyone in my home theater room but we did it last year.

I have a 120 inch. In our family room it is a blast

Bprez3

Reaction score
soxhawk":1vkm43os said:
Cyrus12":1vkm43os said:
home...alone. most sb parties have too many ppl that dont even watch football and it turns mostly into a drunken gab session.

I agree with this. If it's two random teams in the superb owl, then a gathering is fun. When it involves the Hawks, my full undivided attention is necessary and I can't have distractions.

This is how I am doing it this year. I had people over last year and wish they were not there once the game started. They did not understand why I was still nervous after Harvin's KO return to start the 2nd half. I eventually removed myself in the 4th qtr and watched the end in my bedroom

bennycatters

Reaction score
Hey 12's,

This may seem a little random, but my newly wedded wife and I are huge seahawks fans from Australia and we are heading over to the states for our honeymoon with our first stop being seattle so that we can be in the city for the big game and hopefully a repeat of last year. From reading this thread it seems a lot of people are having parties at home, but if you were to recommend the best bar or venue in the city centre to watch the game with an awesome seattle atmosphere where would you recommend?

Cheers
Ben

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
And am I the only one calling it "X-Licks" phonetically?

I can't decide whether "X-Licks" sounds more like a breakfast cereal or an adult cable channel.

Anyway, I would go back to the site where I witnessed our glorious victory in Super Bowl XLVIII, but that was at my buddy Jimi's house and he is going to the game this year, and getting arrested for B&E would take some of the shine off of the day. So it looks like I'll be fleeing the country and watching the game with my pals in Vancouver (Tsawwassen, actually, but close enough.) Don't worry, guys, we've got Canada covered.