No random thoughts this week

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":9u9ww4wf said:
oregonhawkfan":9u9ww4wf said:
Its all good mann. We love your writings but it is not the end of the world much like this loss was not. Yea, the refs really took it to us this game but that is no excuse. We just have to play well enough to not make ourselves susceptible to bad calls. We missed plenty of plays; DangeRuss made some mistakes, our WR's missed some, and our great D had plenty of gaffs.

This game just gives our guys a lot to study and improve upon. I still feel great about this team and where we are heading this year. Nothing like a good eye opener to refocus the men. I kind of felt like this would have been a bonus win anyway (def would have been nice) after beating panthers and texans in 10am away games.

Luck is good QB (almost as good as RW at this point, hehe) and the whole colts team played much better than I seen in other games (kudos to them for getting up for us). Don't get me wrong, they are a good team but I think we are still much better on any given day.

Sooo, I am over it, moving on to next week. Don't let it ruin your day or anything. We all good.

Go Hawks.
Point is, you can play the games FLAWLESSLY, but if the Refs have a pre game winner in their books, you CAN'T overcome that.
Now you might be thinking that I'm being paranoid, and silly about this, but until they train unbiased robots to officiate the games, there's always going to be Referees that are imperfect.
And don't tell me that there's no such thing as corruption in the NFL.
Kind of makes ya wonder about the Las Vegas betting world, and where they might fit in, when it comes to paying off bets eh?. Super Bowl XL?

We always joke about that as well but my honest belief is 2 factors affect the reffing.
1) Refs became refs because they were fans of the game first so they are bound to have their favorite teams and players. This is bound to skew their perception on "close" calls.

2) Whether it comes down from the head office or just the refs themselves, I really get the feeling there is a desire to keep the games as close as possible. I could totally see this being influenced by the media and big markets but there def seems to be the traditional east coast bias in other areas as well (scheduling, east coast teams limited western travel...). I see this a lot not just in our games but others as well.

Interesting conspiracy stuff anyway.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Hey Kearly, don't you dare give it up bro! Anyone with a fully functioning brain and two good eyes could clearly see who the best team on the field was today. Indy showed that at home, with every single questionable call in their favor, and half of our starting offense sidelined they are just good enough to pull off a win. Shake it off and get back to writing your clear, concise observation. We need you...I'm not kidding. Other than the Gomer Pyle officiating today, I would love to hear your analysis off the individual battles that effected the outcome of the game.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I quite frequently wonder how the heck you have the time to do your random thoughts Kip. I am very grateful for every single one of them that you have contributed. Looking forward to you having the itch again sometime in the future.

This game does sting. We won so many battles but lost the war. I hate winning the game on so many levels but losing because we gave up "big plays". Reminded me of SB40 in some ways. There is a next week with this loss though, and I really see us being a one loss team going into ATL.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Gonna miss your insights Kip. It's too bad you're hanging it up. But you have to do it because you love doing it and if it's bringing you stress, then no, you aren't getting the joy out of it. OTOH, if you still feel like you love writing up post game analysis and it's just this place that is bringing you down, then hopefully you'll find a good blog that will take on a talented writer such as yourself and you'll find the joy again.

Good luck.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2zi0chuw said:
And don't tell me that there's no such thing as corruption in the NFL.
Kind of makes ya wonder about the Las Vegas betting world, and where they might fit in, when it comes to paying off bets eh?. Super Bowl XL?
Nah. The Vegas guys were as pissed as we were about how that game was thrown. I remember reading on one of the gambling forums, that everybody there thought there was absolutely no way the Seahawks don't cover the spread in that game, and many of them bet big.

Not saying the game wasn't fixed. Not saying that at all.

If the refs were going to throw a game on us this year, I'd rather it be this one than the Super Bowl.

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
I love your random thoughts, i even stay up late hoping to catch them before i go to sleep

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":15csoyda said:
It blows my mind that we can force three straight 3-and-outs against Luck, then have a botched field goal attempt returned for a TD and momentum shifts and stays with the Colts the rest of the game with the help of the officials.

We didn't play to win today, but damnit, we played enough to win over the Colts with unbiased officiating.

Also, what the hell was with all the busted coverage today? Ugh...

Well, there were certainly some bad calls (and some non-calls) that went against us ... but we most certainly shot ourselves in the foot as well. The botched field goal returned for a TD was one ... letting TY Hilton have a free release downfield another ... but what about the Seahawks last drive before the half? Wilson drives the Hawks down to the Colts 47 yard line. He hits Doug Baldwin for a huge 18 yard pickup that would have gotten Seattle down to the 24 yard line with seconds to go. It's called back due to J.R. Sweezy being an ineligible man downfield. On the very next play, Golden Tate breaks free and Wilson overthrows him in the end zone -- would have been an easy TD. Ugh! Later on in that opening drive of the 3rd Quarter, Russell Wilson misses Doug Baldwin in the end zone ... and Sidney Rice in the end zone on the very next play (though that one admittedly would have been a bit of a tougher play). Instead of a TD, we settle for a FG.

Point being, absolutely the guys in the striped shirts definitely didn't help (and certainly made some game changing decisions) ... but WE shot ourselves in so many ways as well. This one was ours for the taking and we blew it.

penihawk

Reaction score
Just a couple random thoughts that Kearly probably would of had and I've had since I watched the game with a bad feeling in my stomach,even when we had a somewhat fast start and held Luck to 30 yds passing in the 1st half minus the blown coverage td. Bogus PI penalties aside, we have to figure out how to get off the field on 3rd down. Offensively we have to somehow eliminate the drive killing negative plays that to this point in the season, our offense has a hard time converting 3rd and over 6 or 7. This game aside was lost on the punt recovery and the fg block for a td. that was a 15 pt swing.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Thanks for all the past hard work Kipper. But you don't owe anyone anything. If you want to put it down for a while, more power to ya.

Here's an idear, how bout somebody make a random thoughts thread and everyone can pick one random thought to go into great detail on. Like Random Thoughts by comittee.

...or don't.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Take a Xanax, drink a beer, then relax and get back in the game next week !

Seriously, I jest (yup! I just did that) because I appreciate reading your posts as you have a good football mind, and I don't have the time to do the research either. I like to look at the game more in depth, but I don't have the time to invest in doing so.

Good luck, become a fan again, and try to enjoy football. I know I enjoyed football much more after I quit betting on it.

Largent80

Reaction score
Well, it is Monday and we all survived. Hard to take a loss when there was so much left out there.

We certainly are at the mercy of the ridiculous NFL refs, but so is every team.

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
CANHawk":3fghian3 said:
Thanks for all the past hard work Kipper. But you don't owe anyone anything. If you want to put it down for a while, more power to ya.

Here's an idear, how bout somebody make a random thoughts thread and everyone can pick one random thought to go into great detail on. Like Random Thoughts by comittee.

...or don't.

I would jump in on that.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
pmedic920":3gltft94 said:
I will miss your thoughts. Hurry back bro.

Echoing Pmedic and channeling my inner Champ:

"We need you. Hell, I need you. I'm a mess without you. I miss you so damn much! I miss being with you. I miss being *near* you. I miss your laugh!
[laugh's playfully and pulls on Kearly's sleeve]

I miss your scent.
[Composes himself, becomes serious]

I miss your musk... When this all gets sorted out, I think you and me should get an apartment together!"

godawg

Reaction score
Kip, losing two games to questionable calls in one weekend can knock the wind out of you. Don't let it shake your feelings about the game (although a level playing field would be nice). The Hawks will just have to dominate, so that even the refs won't be able to take it away.

You have a future in sports-writing if you want it. Good time to take a vacation.