Niners in Funeral Attire

greenblue_eye's2

Reaction score
Mike 4G":2oi4gr6v said:
Why is Dilfer selling Kaep so hard? It comes across very bizarre. The opposite effect he is intending I think. It is wired.

I'm in the Bay, and its a well known fact that Dilfer is "Shill" for the Niners. Its all about hype, because the trust fund baby has just about destroyed the 49er franchise, with all of his off season moves.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":63ie4uee said:
ringless":63ie4uee said:
MizzouHawkGal":63ie4uee said:
Chukarhawk":63ie4uee said:
When the game is over the hawks will be last place in the division
I love it. That just means boots to stomping and heads out of asses. Especially since our next division game is against the 49ers in Santa Clara on a Thursday....

Don't you smell the roll, cinnamon flavored even, yet Ringless? The bear has been poked and you guys are in the sweet spot of our schedule.

Wait what lol?

Just ignore her.
Yeah, what for? I'm not saying anything but truth. We are a team that gets on a huge back end roll and the the schedule unlike last year actually facilitates this.

After San Francisco we get Arizona at home and 5 games out of 8 on the back half of the season at home so those two games basically make or break our season currently.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Save for the penalties (to be expected with a suddenly very young team and all new schemes and coordinators) and botched ST play the 9ers dominated the Vikings throughout that whole game.

Color me shocked. I was thinking of this as a loss and was expecting the 9ers to start out the season 2-6. If they start their slate at 3-5 and get healthy I think they have a decent shot at getting to .500

Other thoughts:

*Dilfer nobbing Kaepernick was annoying, but not entirely without context. In the past Dilfer also has called Kaepernick's passing "remedial." It didn't show up in the stat sheet and he had two or three passes get away from him, but from a skills-development standpoint Kap is building on the stuff he started to do last year (stepping up on the pocket; checking down; working quickly through his progressions, keeping his eyes downfield when pressure breaks down; throwing with some touch, etc.). So, Dilfer could have dialed it back by 10, but regarding what he was actually talking about, the analysis was correct and Gruden would have said the same thing.

* Oddly good play by the O-line. I don't see that continuing, but the stretch zone is definitely a staple of the new offense.

* Bowman in his first game back was a better and more complete player than Willis or Borland ever were last year. Ian Williams is definitely back too, as is Brock.

*Really great game by a ton of the young first year starters (Acker; Lynch; Hyde; Tartt; Armstead with some push)

*He kept on getting yards, but Hyde was even wearing down a bit by the third quarter. TBH I'd prefer to see him in a rotation with Davis moving forward. I still don't trust that he won't get injured.

* For anyone saying that the game was ugly and that the Vikings are awful, remember, the 9ers were predicted to lose, and a lot of people had them getting blown out. Instead, they were never down and really dominating the whole game (200 yards in the first half, 400 on offense overall; held the Vikes to less than 100 yards until the clock expiring soft zone in the first half, and 250 overall (most of which came when they went back to the soft zone after they were up by two and three scores in the 4th).

Popeyejones

Reaction score
ringless":1xkmqs6h said:
Webzone will be unbearable tonight and this week. Most likely already celebrating their 6th Lombardi and the unstoppable force that their team is.

I just wonder what will happen when they face a quality opponent.

:lol:

Your SWF obsession with the webzone is kinda creepy, man.

Get a room already. :th2thumbs:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Popeyejones":j4jrtncy said:
* For anyone saying that the game was ugly and that the Vikings are awful, remember, the 9ers were predicted to lose, and a lot of people had them getting blown out. Instead, they were never down and really dominating the whole game (200 yards in the first half, 400 on offense overall; held the Vikes to less than 100 yards until the clock expiring soft zone in the first half, and 250 overall (most of which came when they went back to the soft zone after they were up by two and three scores in the 4th).

It was a bit of a shock at how bad the Vikings looked. Whether that was due to the 9ers, it being the first game or whatever is yet to be seen.

Either way, 9ers did what you do when you realize you are better than the team you are playing... you beat them, handily.

Next week is big for the Vikings. They have lofty expectations. It's one thing to lose, its another to get dominated. They had legitimate chances to be up early as well...

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1v6y6bqf said:
They had legitimate chances to be up early as well...

For sure, because of a blocked kick with a 40-50 yard return, but then they were held to three and out. A blocked field goal and long return after it isn't the type of thing to count on. Agreed that the 3 and out and missed FG is mostly on them, though. We already know Bridgewater struggles against pressure, but two of those first three passes were just ugly -- it's only on one of them the 9ers get credit IMO: a great pass to Charles Johnson on which Brock just had really good coverage and knocked the ball away.

And agreed, It could be because the Vikings are much worse than everyone thought, because the 9ers are better than everyone thought, or both. It could also just be because the NFL is fluky from week-to-week.

I'm not using the game to read tea leaves about the future for either team, but I was totally surprised.

I mean, next week the 9ers have an early start in Pittsburgh on five days rest (the Steelers have 10 days rest) and I'm fully expecting them to get blown out. I was also expecting them to head to Pitt 0-1, and to get pushed around a lot and never really gel last night. The opposite happened though. If they end Week 2 at 1-1 having dominated the first week and being dominated the second week they're still outperforming my expectations, and everyone else's expectations.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":kosvwogy said:
Can someone please explain why videos like this always surface at 49er games?

https://www.facebook.com/brandon.cosio. ... 635761334/

Because 9ers fans are all immoral, awful people?

Troy Wolf.

Seriously though, I won't go into the detail I went to when this topic came up before, but:

Due to California's gang injunction and three strike laws in the 90s and early 2Ks prison-gang populations boomed and 5-10 years out upon release those prison gangs ended up jumping the walls and becoming street gangs (the state of CA basically created the problem it was trying to prevent).

This is only relevent to the 9ers because one of the -if not the- largest gangs to migrate out of prisons was the Nortenos ("Northeners"; a loosly affiliated network of bloods), who ended up adopting the 9ers because of the color of their jerseys. With that transition in the mid-2Ks the reputation of 9ers fans transitioned from wine sipping effettes to thugs.

As a result you end up seeing stuff like you saw in that video: A bunch of 9ers fans yelling stop and trying to break up fights while guys who were hardened and criminalized through doing prison time due to draconian sentencing (and are 9ers fans because they rep Northern California and 9ers jerseys match their gang affiliation and Raiders' jerseys don't) are starting a bunch of fights between each other and with random others.

Seriously, don't worry: 9ers fans like it even less than you do. ;)

Laloosh

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1687h43e said:
ZorntoLargent":1687h43e said:
Can someone please explain why videos like this always surface at 49er games?

https://www.facebook.com/brandon.cosio. ... 635761334/

Because 9ers fans are all immoral, awful people?

Troy Wolf.

Seriously though, I won't go into the detail I went to when this topic came up before, but:

Due to California's gang injunction and three strike laws in the 90s and early 2Ks prison-gang populations boomed and 5-10 years out upon release those prison gangs ended up jumping the walls and becoming street gangs (the state of CA basically created the problem it was trying to prevent).

This is only relevent to the 9ers because one of the -if not the- largest gangs to migrate out of prisons was the Nortenos ("Northeners"; a loosly affiliated network of bloods), who ended up adopting the 9ers because of the color of their jerseys. With that transition in the mid-2Ks the reputation of 9ers fans transitioned from wine sipping effettes to thugs.

As a result you end up seeing stuff like you saw in that video: A bunch of 9ers fans yelling stop and trying to break up fights while guys who were hardened and criminalized through doing prison time due to draconian sentencing (and are 9ers fans because they rep Northern California and 9ers jerseys match their gang affiliation and Raiders' jerseys don't) are starting a bunch of fights between each other and with random others.

Seriously, don't worry: 9ers fans like it even less than you do. ;)

Did the security guy just pat him on the belly and send him on his way or was he given medical treatment?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed that too.

TBH somehow, thankfully it looked the the guy was okay. If he was just running on adrenaline I hope medics caught up with him.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":14lwx6zw said:
Save for the penalties (to be expected with a suddenly very young team and all new schemes and coordinators) and botched ST play the 9ers dominated the Vikings throughout that whole game.

Color me shocked. I was thinking of this as a loss and was expecting the 9ers to start out the season 2-6. If they start their slate at 3-5 and get healthy I think they have a decent shot at getting to .500

Other thoughts:

*Dilfer nobbing Kaepernick was annoying, but not entirely without context. In the past Dilfer also has called Kaepernick's passing "remedial." It didn't show up in the stat sheet and he had two or three passes get away from him, but from a skills-development standpoint Kap is building on the stuff he started to do last year (stepping up on the pocket; checking down; working quickly through his progressions, keeping his eyes downfield when pressure breaks down; throwing with some touch, etc.). So, Dilfer could have dialed it back by 10, but regarding what he was actually talking about, the analysis was correct and Gruden would have said the same thing.

* Oddly good play by the O-line. I don't see that continuing, but the stretch zone is definitely a staple of the new offense.

* Bowman in his first game back was a better and more complete player than Willis or Borland ever were last year. Ian Williams is definitely back too, as is Brock.

*Really great game by a ton of the young first year starters (Acker; Lynch; Hyde; Tartt; Armstead with some push)

*He kept on getting yards, but Hyde was even wearing down a bit by the third quarter. TBH I'd prefer to see him in a rotation with Davis moving forward. I still don't trust that he won't get injured.

Agreed on all counts.

Davis needs to be active. Hayne spelling Hyde isn't good. He's not ready for primetime as a RB.

Latest posts