Nick Vannett headed to Pittsburgh

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
GeekHawk":3fcjavjs said:
Cyrus12":3fcjavjs said:
Wasnt Vannett a 3rd rd pick? Guess another bust pick it seems.

As you know, every other team in the NFL is always able to trade every player that they trade for a draft pick at least one higher than they spent on the tradee. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Wait. That actually NEVER happens.

Pitt traded Josh Dobbs (4th rounder) for a 5th rounder. There have been former 1st rounders traded for 5th-6th rounders.

Danny Darko

Reaction score
JS not kidding around with return.

Before we look at the sexier CB trade with all these picks we've amassed can we please trade Ifedi and a few for a real RT?

Also Luuuke would be a great pickup though Faaaant is probably what butter fingers needs to run.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2qfah3ps said:
Cyrus12":2qfah3ps said:
Wasnt Vannett a 3rd rd pick? Guess another bust pick it seems.

I don't think it was a bust more than he's a Free agent next year and the thought was he wasn't going to sign here and if we lose him, we'd get no picks..

I didn't think about the upcoming FA aspect. Makes sense now, especially with re-signing Luke for some additional depth. I wouldn't mind seeing what Hollister can do either.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So let me get this straight, when the Hawks trade a very late 3rd rounder for likely a pretty HIGHT 5th, they don't know what they are doing and/or it was a bust of a draft pick. Other teams trade early round guys for later round picks on a regular basis, no big deal. :?

rcaido

Reaction score
Wow there goes another one...Has there been a player who didn't throw shades to the Seahawks when leaving? I think Bennett & Luke Willson are the only ones. This one seem to be the most impactful, especially from a scrub.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
rcaido":3h7vv5do said:
Wow there goes another one...Has there been a player who didn't throw shades to the Seahawks when leaving? I think Bennett & Luke Willson are the only ones. This one seem to be the most impactful, especially from a scrub.

He didn't throw any shade toward the Hawks he was talking up his new place. I'm sure it was nice to be a starting TE and not just because someone is injured as was the case a year ago.

It was an odd tweet but no need to get butt-hurt about it. He seemed very gracious in his thank you to the 12's

quadsas

Reaction score
Who cares? He was a nobody for us and him talking trash is a no story.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
quadsas":225xl99k said:

How is this talking trash? According to Pete, the Steelers had been after him for awhile. The guy is just happy to be someplace where he is wanted.

quadsas

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1jxnmmp0 said:
quadsas":1jxnmmp0 said:

How is this talking trash? According to Pete, the Steelers had been after him for awhile. The guy is just happy to be someplace where he is wanted.

Did you even read his tweet?

HawkStrong

Reaction score
rcaido":3bs7rft7 said:

Hawks actually have maintained good relationships with many parting players, don't let recency bias shade your opinion here.

sutz

Reaction score
Shouldn't we be taking Vannett discussions to the NFL Forum?

He's gone. We got a draft pick and a damn fine replacement for him. Time to get over it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
It's an ongoing discussion about a player who was just traded that is still relevant to the current team (the trade itself, his replacement, his comments).

Doesnt need to be moved at the moment. People discussing it still seem to care as well.

Jville

Reaction score
I thought Nick Vannett had a terrific 1st game last night with his new team. Seems to have immediately fit into their offense. Very timely acquisition. Luke Willson's availability made it possible. Last night's solid blocking and a circus catch announced Nick's arrival. He got the snaps he needed to play and show what he can do. It's no wonder he is ecstatic about his new situation. I'm happy for him. Sometimes it just comes down to opportunity, chemistry and fit.

Everybody benefited from the trade. Very Pete Carroll like. It's what the program is about.

chris98251

Reaction score
Just because someone gets a new wife doesn't always mean you hate the old one, you have a great time with the new one and be cordial to the old. Same in this situation. Now Earl that's a different story, he feels we are the battleaxe that wanted to ruin his life.

quadsas

Reaction score
chris98251":phhhlmgg said:
Just because someone gets a new wife doesn't always mean you hate the old one, you have a great time with the new one and be cordial to the old. Same in this situation. Now Earl that's a different story, he feels we are the battleaxe that wanted to ruin his life.

Earl Thomas :lol: :lol:

Seanhawk

Reaction score
quadsas":4o36wxgk said:
Seanhawk":4o36wxgk said:
quadsas":4o36wxgk said:

Did you even read his tweet?

Sure did.

Latest posts