Expectations & where we are headed…

GemCity

Reaction score
A lot of folks, me included, came into this season just wanting to beat Denver and develop the rookies. What’s happened along the way is the emergence of Geno Smith, a DC that may not be the best fit (gently put), some questionable decision making on PCs end (which we’ve seen before and isn’t uncommon from a head coaches perspective), and a surprisingly bad defense and surprisingly good, underrated diamond-in-the-rough players such as Woolen.

I had us pegged at 5 wins. Yes, it is disappointing to lose to these NFC South teams and sabotaging our playoff chances but a lot of us didn’t think we stood a chance of even being as close as we are.

We HAVE overachieved with this unit and we’re stocked and ready to roll in this next draft. This years crop of rookies have a season under their belt.

I haven’t been this excited since ‘16.

There’s a lot to look forward to fellow 12s. We’re still a year or two away but, I have faith and confidence that PC and JS will get us there.

P.S. if we don’t address our Defensive front in this upcoming draft and/or FA, I reserve the right to retract this post prior to having an emotional breakdown.