NFL QB Rankings (Per an idiot)

davidonmi

Reaction score
On the podcast rosenthal said name value was the only reason that Wilson wasn't lower than 11. His basis was they don't ask him to do very much.
Wesseling and sessler were both surprised that rosenthal ranked newton ahead of RW

Hawks46

Reaction score
HawkFan72":b3fk6l4t said:
Would anyone seriously take Joe Flacco over Russell Wilson if there was a draft today?

I don't think the Ravens would even take Flacco over Wilson.

Well, to be fair, this is a list about QBs right NOW. Flacco is tearing it up this year, he's much better than last year. Would I take him over Wilson ? No, but he does do some things better.

I personally love Wilson's versatility and intelligence: he's one of the very few "running" QBs that I wouldn't worry about, or penalize for running, because he's not a "1 read, 2 read, GO!" running QB, and he doesn't take many hits (he actually takes more standing in the pocket).

Do I think Wilson is better than 11 ? Hell yes, he's better than Cam Newton is. He's better than Roethlisburger is. It's all opinion, although I do think Rosenthal pays too much attention to stats like yards and not the complete picture. He also doesn't seem to grasp well the concept of the total impact of a player.

One of the posters here did his own list and has Rivers rated 6th. Personally, I think if the season ended today, Rivers is the league MVP.

Field gulls did an interesting article on WIlson bailing from the pocket in response to Pricso's tweets. The guy from FG was defending Wilson for the most part, and had pics from the all 22 from some of the games. Looking at them, Wilson really does miss some reads. All QBs miss reads, and it's hard to tell what's going on when they are missing those reads. Maybe they have a LBer right in their face, but Wilson missed some WIDE open players. Harvin had a TD with his defender falling down, and Wilson missed it. Willson was running wide open down the left sideline and Wilson never looked that way (maybe Willson doesn't suck that much after all ?) He also rolled right and had a throw to Walters heading to the sideline that an elite QB is supposed to make.

Some of his bailing from the pocket is warranted. I honestly believe Wilson's progress was stunted from an absolutely atrocious OL last year. 11th ? Nah, but he's not playing better than most of the guys picked in the top 5.

Latest posts