NFCW Best Draft

Clayfighter

Reaction score
Marvin49":3ata07u6 said:
rideaducati":3ata07u6 said:
I think the niners had the best draft because they had the most picks and more picks is better...just ask Keeporpick.

Kap Career Interceptions: 21
Wilson Career interceptions: 26
Kap Career INT%: 1.9
Wilson Career INT%: 2.1

Just sayin.

Who has more starts? Just curious. Can we exclude the crappy bounced up "dropped" passes to Kearse that were intercepted in the last NFCCG? :)

Marvin49

Reaction score
Clayfighter":2nzw0byw said:
Marvin49":2nzw0byw said:
rideaducati":2nzw0byw said:
I think the niners had the best draft because they had the most picks and more picks is better...just ask Keeporpick.

Just sayin.

Who has more starts? Just curious. Can we exclude the crappy bounced up "dropped" passes to Kearse that were intercepted in the last NFCCG? :)

Wilson does. About half a seasons worth more games...which is why I also included the INT %.

Didn't count the playoffs at all. :D

If we are discounting stuff tho, can I remove all games against the Seahawks? :D 7 of Kaps 21 have come vs Seattle.

NINEster

Reaction score
After the last NFC Championship Game and the last pass in the SB, I think Hawk fans should focus on a different narrative for criticizing C. Kaepernick. Maybe they can start focusing on taking sacks by the sidelines because INTs is a game they should be hush about. 8)

When you look at "The Tip", the iconic INT in Seattle sports/Niner bashing lore, it's no worse than the last 5 or 6 picks Wilson has thrown in the playoffs (a relevant point since we should compare playoff throws). It was only an INT because of a slightly underthrown ball, followed by a great play by Sherman followed up by an even more heads up play by Malcolm Smith. How often will that pass be intercepted in general? Not often. I'd attempt it a bunch more times before I try that slant even once more.

Brady played very well in the SB throwing so much, but those two INTs looked pretty bad.

Aaron Rodgers threw some interesting picks in the NFCC as well. A deep ball right into Sherman's hands, and the other was what to a slipping receiver?

So who exactly lights the crap out of the Seahawk defense through the air? Just about nobody.

Best part of Russell Wilson's game? Not having to play against the Seahawk defense, EVER.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
NINEster":1t4p24b5 said:
After the last NFC Championship Game and the last pass in the SB, I think Hawk fans should focus on a different narrative for criticizing C. Kaepernick. Maybe they can start focusing on taking sacks by the sidelines because INTs is a game they should be hush about. 8)

When you look at "The Tip", the iconic INT in Seattle sports/Niner bashing lore, it's no worse than the last 5 or 6 picks Wilson has thrown in the playoffs (a relevant point since we should compare playoff throws). It was only an INT because of a slightly underthrown ball, followed by a great play by Sherman followed up by an even more heads up play by Malcolm Smith. How often will that pass be intercepted in general? Not often. I'd attempt it a bunch more times before I try that slant even once more.

Brady played very well in the SB throwing so much, but those two INTs looked pretty bad.

Aaron Rodgers threw some interesting picks in the NFCC as well. A deep ball right into Sherman's hands, and the other was what to a slipping receiver?

So who exactly lights the crap out of the Seahawk defense through the air? Just about nobody.

Best part of Russell Wilson's game? Not having to play against the Seahawk defense, EVER.

When I talk trash about Kaepernick, I will continue to discuss the fact that he is the WORST 4th Quarter QB in the NFL. Is that alright with you?

NINEster

Reaction score
Marvin49":1lb18ca6 said:
Clayfighter":1lb18ca6 said:
Marvin49":1lb18ca6 said:
rideaducati":1lb18ca6 said:

Just sayin.

Wilson does. About half a seasons worth more games...which is why I also included the INT %.

If we are discounting stuff tho, can I remove all games against the Seahawks? :D 7 of Kaps 21 have come vs Seattle.

Marv,

I'd like to see a breakdown of Kap vs. Wilson, postseason only.

Same as what you have above, maybe also add TD passes, yards, yards per attempt, and if you're feeling frisky maybe add some rushing stats too since that what these guys do.

NINEster

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1qzpdt4r said:
NINEster":1qzpdt4r said:

When I talk trash about Kaepernick, I will continue to discuss the fact that he is the WORST 4th Quarter QB in the NFL. Is that alright with you?

It's not (not sure about WORST -- I'll settle for being below average). Last season was a s*t show anomaly from the entire 49er offense. If you want to blame anyone for scoring almost no points in the 4th quarter last year, I'd look at departed coaches first.

However it is a more enlightened point to debate on than being a troll like "kaeporpick", I'll give you that.

Marvin49

Reaction score
NINEster":1nuwz7a9 said:
Marvin49":1nuwz7a9 said:
Clayfighter":1nuwz7a9 said:
Marvin49":1nuwz7a9 said:

Just sayin.

Marv,

I'd like to see a breakdown of Kap vs. Wilson, postseason only.

Same as what you have above, maybe also add TD passes, yards, yards per attempt, and if you're feeling frisky maybe add some rushing stats too since that what these guys do.

Wilson wins there.

WIlson: 8 Games, 12 TDs, 6 INTs (4 coming on one game that they rather miraculously won), 97. 8 rating.
255 Rush yards, 2 TDs, 5.93 per rush

Kap: 6 Games, 7 TDs, 5 INTs (2 vs Seattle...they got his number admittedly), 87.3 rating.
507 Rush yards, 4TDs, 9.94 per rush

Don't have the INT% on the site I'm looking at but I'd imagine Kaps is higher there.

Wilson has ring, so that's huge, but both have a rather famous game ending interceptions to their credit.

I was never intending this to be a comparison BTW...just kinda mocking the Keeporpick comment. :D Wilson has thusfar been a better player. Not really debatable. Kap has run like no other in the playoffs, but that's not all you need to do to win.

Thread Killer

Reaction score
Largent80":1gm804z7 said:
At this point we as fans think we know what their own teams needs are. So just looking at the needs and players selected is the "grade"......

Teams attempt to fill a need with a position player, but is the need really filled if that player isn't any good?

Draft grades this early are stupid, but, I'd say that one's view of how good a player is or can be has to come into play as well.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
1. Seattle
2. St. Louis
3. Arizona
4. Santa Clara

Ironically the final standings will look the same way ;)