NFC West Q&A: Is Russell Wilson a top-tier quarterback?

Djphinfan

Reaction score
Wilson is elite just like a frogs ass is water tight..5 tool qb..

Rogers..Brady..Rothlesberger..Wilson..

mix em up however you want, Ill still cut you til you bleed your own blood.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Djphinfan":30aup4pu said:

I'd add Newton to you list even though I do not like the guy. Brees too. Don't think he's done being elite yet.

NINEster

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3hkx6pxn said:
NINEster":3hkx6pxn said:
Exactly the post I expected from at least one Santa Clara fan and I could've done it myself nearly word for word. Surprised it took 3 days to see it here. Thanks for not letting me down though. Oh, and when Wilson is like 15-3 against the niners, it'll still be the defense and running game won't it? It's not interconnected is it?

Giant YAWN.....

It's a Giant YAWN how Wilson is responsible for winning all of these Seahawk games but other QBs aren't for their teams.

Like how Harbaugh cruised to 49 wins in 4 seasons just on defense and running game....

Right.

I guess by your logic the Rams completely own Wilson because at best he's .500 against them, and haven't beaten them comfortably in a long time.

The other 10 players do ok against the Rams, but Wilson has to figure them out....

NINEster

Reaction score
Djphinfan":3dfflapc said:

You think Tannehill is holding your team back, and you regret not drafting Wilson instead?

Is that what passes for brown nosing these days? :mrgreen:

hawk45

Reaction score
NINEster":1rfkl1le said:
hawksfansinceday1":1rfkl1le said:
NINEster":1rfkl1le said:
Exactly the post I expected from at least one Santa Clara fan and I could've done it myself nearly word for word. Surprised it took 3 days to see it here. Thanks for not letting me down though. Oh, and when Wilson is like 15-3 against the niners, it'll still be the defense and running game won't it? It's not interconnected is it?

Giant YAWN.....

It's a Giant YAWN how Wilson is responsible for winning all of these Seahawk games but other QBs aren't for their teams.

Like how Harbaugh cruised to 49 wins in 4 seasons just on defense and running game....

Right.

I guess by your logic the Rams completely own Wilson because at best he's .500 against them, and haven't beaten them comfortably in a long time.

The other 10 players do ok against the Rams, but Wilson has to figure them out....

I actually agree that if I had to pick X to insert into a sentence "X owns the Niners", my X would be the LOB.

In reality those wins don't happen without everything: defense, rushing, Wilson making that clutch late dagger play. But in terms of total time of ownage the LOB has the edge.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
NINEster":1e8dk10n said:
hawksfansinceday1":1e8dk10n said:
NINEster":1e8dk10n said:

Giant YAWN.....

Right.

Wilson IS the Quarterback who's record shows that he is and has been the BEST Quarterback in the NFC WEST, and his QBR bolsters that FACT :stirthepot:
The numbers also show that YOUR Defense was UNABLE to keep him from scoring in all those 49'rs losses...That means that he did in fact beat them, and thus.....OWNS THEM.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
hawk45":8j1b3h5i said:
NINEster":8j1b3h5i said:
hawksfansinceday1":8j1b3h5i said:
NINEster":8j1b3h5i said:

Giant YAWN.....

Right.

I actually agree that if I had to pick X to insert into a sentence "X owns the Niners", my X would be the LOB.

In reality those wins don't happen without everything: defense, rushing, Wilson making that clutch late dagger play. But in terms of total time of ownage the LOB has the edge.
Yes. Winner.

GO HAWKS!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
scutterhawk":18s39ghv said:
NINEster":18s39ghv said:
hawksfansinceday1":18s39ghv said:
NINEster":18s39ghv said:

Giant YAWN.....

Right.

Wilson IS the Quarterback who's record shows that he is and has been the BEST Quarterback in the NFC WEST, and his QBR bolsters that FACT :stirthepot:
The numbers also show that YOUR Defense was UNABLE to keep him from scoring in all those 49'rs losses...That means that he did in fact beat them, and thus.....OWNS THEM.
Ding, ding, ding.......winner!

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
NINEster":33h5xynd said:
hawksfansinceday1":33h5xynd said:
NINEster":33h5xynd said:

Giant YAWN.....

Right.

You are correct that Wilson is 4-4 against the Rams. He's lost by 6, 2, 3, and 6 pts and has won by 7, 5, 16, and 14. It's not as lopsided of an affair as people make it out to be.

I also find it hilarious that you bring the Rams into this to somehow prove your point, because the Rams have done better against the Seahawks than the Niners have recently, so you essentially just proved how shitty your team is.

By the way Wilson is 7-2 against the Niners, has lost by 7 and 2pts and won by 29, 26, 6, 16, 10, 17, 16.

Honestly, I loved the rivalry between the niners when it was active. I was legitimately nervous for those games and your defense was ridiculous. The difference was Wilson vs. Kap. QB is important and luckily for the Hawks they had the superior QB and were much more successful in that series because of it.

kearly

Reaction score
The record against the Rams is part 10am road games and part Jeff Fisher saving his very best for Seattle. I guess it's also part DL-OL mismatch, but Seattle has won a lot of games where their OL got their asses handed to them, just not versus the Rams.

Anthony!

Reaction score
So Wilson is not top tier because 1 team gives him problems, Hmm I guess there is no top tier as every QB has a team they struggle with. as to the rest that the niner fan is bringing up, really at least find something real, not some made up crap because you are butt hurt Wilson owns your team.

Djphinfan

Reaction score
NINEster":3i26ru4t said:
Djphinfan":3i26ru4t said:

You think Tannehill is holding your team back, and you regret not drafting Wilson instead?

your post gave no credit to an elite football player..don't be a homer..be objective, it's the right thing to do..

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Djphinfan":1ysdvr16 said:
NINEster":1ysdvr16 said:
Djphinfan":1ysdvr16 said:

your post gave no credit to an elite football player..don't be a homer..be objective, it's the right thing to do..
He might not be top 5 right now but he's headimg there with a bullet. Generally Seahwk fans are pretty negative about the team overall no matter what for good reason, remember that.

NINEster

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":34l3rjy9 said:
Djphinfan":34l3rjy9 said:
NINEster":34l3rjy9 said:
Djphinfan":34l3rjy9 said:

He might not be top 5 right now but he's headimg there with a bullet. Generally Seahwk fans are pretty negative about the team overall no matter what for good reason, remember that.

I see a bit of that, but usually only after 1 or 2 losses.

Your rabbit is just fighting the good fight of keeping Wilson's status in check.

I've seen how Cam, Kap, RG3 have played when the state of the team/coaching is great .....and also when it's in flux, and for the most part their success/failure followed the team.

Since Wilson's team was never in flux, to me he's still on probation as far as making a definitive judgment on how good he really is.

I would still say it if he weren't a Seahawk.

Anthony!

Reaction score
NINEster":2efktf3x said:
MizzouHawkGal":2efktf3x said:
Djphinfan":2efktf3x said:
NINEster":2efktf3x said:

I see a bit of that, but usually only after 1 or 2 losses.

Your rabbit is just fighting the good fight of keeping Wilson's status in check.

I've seen how Cam, Kap, RG3 have played when the state of the team/coaching is great .....and also when it's in flux, and for the most part their success/failure followed the team.

Since Wilson's team was never in flux, to me he's still on probation as far as making a definitive judgment on how good he really is.

I would still say it if he weren't a Seahawk.

more excuses to be a hater, making more crap up. You don't think having the worse pass blocking in the league, loosing you starting top 3 RB, loosing your # top 3 TE, and then also losing your RB replacement is in flux huh. None of those QBs had to deal with all that and did what Wilson did. Thankfully you having him on probation means nothing.

RiverDog

Reaction score
chris98251":pv6mvwly said:
Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.

This is bill board material, and I am not talking outside of Fife but right ion the middle of Silicon Valley and the exit going into the stadium.

Great idea! Remember the "We have 5, how many do you have?" billboard someone posted in Seattle? I'd contribute a good sum if I knew we could post the highlighted sentence somewhere prominent in the bay area.