NFC Week 1 Predictions

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
If the Rams successfully accomplish a trick play against Seattle again, I'm getting arrested for murder.

chris98251

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2uh76o3z said:
If the Rams successfully accomplish a trick play against Seattle again, I'm getting arrested for murder.

I hear you swing a mean stick of celery Ro :)

SF49r

Reaction score
SF 1-0
Arizona 1-0
SEA 0-0-1
STL 0-0-1 (Yes, I'm predicting a tie)

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":1q58poeo said:
SF: 1-0
Seattle: 1-0
Arizona: 0-1
StL: 0-1

Predict your team's score, Marv. We want to know how it's going to play out.

(respectfully requesting, not demanding)

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":2gc35ecj said:
Marvin49":2gc35ecj said:

hrmmm...lets go 24-21 49ers.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":14p695g1 said:
Laloosh":14p695g1 said:
Marvin49":14p695g1 said:

hrmmm...lets go 24-21 49ers.

Okay. You going to get in on the prediction thread for SEA this year?

rideaducati

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2zpg80z6 said:
Seahawks over Rams
Cardinals over Saints
Vikings over Niners

This.

Thanks for making my post so easy Hass.

While I do believe the Cards are going to be a below .500 team, I think the same thing about the Aints and since AZ is at home, they get the nod this week.

Just a Fellow Fan

Reaction score
Re: Rams OL

How can it be worse than last season? It's certainly unproven, but they took a complete 180 from their previous strategy of building the OL.

Instead of investing in vets in FA(Long,Wells), they decided to build the OL through the draft. Everyone starting for the OL(aside from Barnes, who was an UDFA initially signed by the Ravens and then joined the Rams PS) was drafted.

Just because a unit is unproven doesn't mean it's bad.

I'd say Saffold and Robinson are proven/solid. The other 3 are TBD.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Im looking at our roster and I see a 9 win team this year. I think we miss the playoffs with Seattle being the only team to represent the NFC West this time around.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Lambs 12
Hawks 10
Hawks will get much better as season goes along

Cards 27
Aints 24
if this were in NO I'd go the other way

Vikes 23
Whiners 20
the looooong season in Santa Clara begins

Lambs 1-0
Cards 1-0
Whiners 0-1
Hawks 0-1

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Not one person got it right.

I do wonder when Arizona will start being discussed more than SF on here since we were the better team last year, and likely will be this year as well... I understand there is not as many AZ posters on here which is part of the issue.

We are the clear threat to the division and had a pretty strong showing ourselves. The only time NO even got a TD was when we had a penalty with 13 men on the field on a punt. Although on the other hand NO defense leaves a lot to be desired.

The Rams are still coached by Jeff Fisher which likely means a lot of ups and downs. The 49ers are still an unknown, and have zero depth behind the starters. I think it's clear that we have been a consistent team that is the real threat in the division.

Palmer is 14-2 in his last 16 starts. Has thrown for over a 98 Passer rating in that time. Has a great TD to INT ratio. He was healthy all of 2013, and the only reason his season ended last year was because the part in his knee was used from a cadaver. It would have snapped just the same walking down the street. They have about a 10 year lifespan on them at the time (huge improvements in the last 10 years in regards to ACL's)

We have the best OL in the division (allowed 0 sacks) and going to get better with the return of Iupati and Massie.
We most likely have the best WR corp in the division with Brown, Floyd, and Fitzgerald. Palmer is better than Kaep and Foles.
We most likely have the 2nd/3rd best defense in the division.

I certainly am not a homer. I have always called me team like I see them. They have a major weakness at ILB which is our achilles. But when I look at the Rams and 49ers I see a lot more weaknesses than we have.

In any case

STL 1-0 TB is because of Division win
AZ 1-0
SF 1-0
Sea 0-1 0-1 Division

Popeyejones

Reaction score
ringless":20zskey5 said:
The 49ers are still an unknown, and have zero depth behind the starters.

Totally agreed that the 9ers are still an unknown (and I'm still not expecting much of them across the full season), but that the 9ers have zero depth just isn't true. If anything, on balance, I think their overall talent level (just going off proven talent) has really declined while their depth has increased.

QB: Push, although ever so slight + just b/c Gabbert actually looks like a semi-competent back up now rather than a joke.

RB: Better depth than the past few years. Last year was Gore, Hyde, and then nothing. Hyde, Bush, Davis, Hayne is better depth at the position than they've had in awhile. It might end up a push (or worse) on talent, but depth is better.

OL: Depth isn't really worse than it was last year (unless you're a big Jonathan Martin fan :lol: ), but the starters are MUCH worse. If anything I'd say the depth is considerably better and the overall talent is considerably worse.

FB: Same

TE: Better depth than the last few years for sure, and not close (McDonald healthy and the addition of Blake) .

WR: Definitely better depth than last year for WR 3-5.

DL: Deepest it has been in a decade. Very unproven though. Kinda like the O-Line, I'd say better depth but not as talented overall.

OLB: Decline in depth with the loss of Aldon and Skuta and just the addition of Harold.

ILB: Decline or the same, depending on what part of last year you're talking about. Comparing week 1 to week 1 this is a decline though.

CB: Much better depth than last year because of the additions of Acker and Reaser, and Brock missing the full season last year. The 9ers #2 and #3 CBs last year are now their #3/#4 and #5 CBs this year.

Safety: Much better depth than last year due to the addition of Tartt, Ward being healthy, and addition by subtraction with Tartt.

PR/KR: Better depth here too. Last year after cutting James they were down to just Ellington with Cox as the emergency. Now they have Ellington, Hayne and White, with Bush as the emergency.

Just to reiterate, just because the 9ers depth is better (which I think is true) DOES NOT mean I think their overall talent is better (which I think is false).

Ramfan128

Reaction score
ringless":lphqyupz said:

I do wonder when Arizona will start being discussed more than SF on here since we were the better team last year, and likely will be this year as well... I understand there is not as many AZ posters on here which is part of the issue.

We are the clear threat to the division and had a pretty strong showing ourselves. The only time NO even got a TD was when we had a penalty with 13 men on the field on a punt. Although on the other hand NO defense leaves a lot to be desired.

The Rams are still coached by Jeff Fisher which likely means a lot of ups and downs. The 49ers are still an unknown, and have zero depth behind the starters. I think it's clear that we have been a consistent team that is the real threat in the division.

Palmer is 14-2 in his last 16 starts. Has thrown for over a 98 Passer rating in that time. Has a great TD to INT ratio. He was healthy all of 2013, and the only reason his season ended last year was because the part in his knee was used from a cadaver. It would have snapped just the same walking down the street. They have about a 10 year lifespan on them at the time (huge improvements in the last 10 years in regards to ACL's)

We have the best OL in the division (allowed 0 sacks) and going to get better with the return of Iupati and Massie.
We most likely have the best WR corp in the division with Brown, Floyd, and Fitzgerald. Palmer is better than Kaep and Foles.

I certainly am not a homer. I have always called me team like I see them. They have a major weakness at ILB which is our achilles. But when I look at the Rams and 49ers I see a lot more weaknesses than we have.

In any case

AZ 1-0
SF 1-0
Sea 0-1 0-1 Division

Cardinals have the 3rd best defense. If the Niners keep that up then you have the worst d in the division.

What weaknesses do the Rams have that the Cards do not? Please don't say the Oline....because playing Seattle and playing New Orleans is a bit different defensively.

After what I saw Sunday, give me Foles over Palmer every day of the week. Again, Seattle's D vs. New Orleans.

I'll give you your WRs are better, but I wouldn't trade the Rams skill players for the Cardinals.

Confusing how you say the Cards are the "clear threat" in the division when you can't beat Seattle.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Ramfan128":11tt7qfx said:
ringless":11tt7qfx said:

In any case

AZ 1-0
SF 1-0
Sea 0-1 0-1 Division

Cardinals have the 3rd best defense. If the Niners keep that up then you have the worst d in the division.

What weaknesses do the Rams have that the Cards do not? Please don't say the Oline....because playing Seattle and playing New Orleans is a bit different defensively.

After what I saw Sunday, give me Foles over Palmer every day of the week. Again, Seattle's D vs. New Orleans.

I'll give you your WRs are better, but I wouldn't trade the Rams skill players for the Cardinals.

Confusing how you say the Cards are the "clear threat" in the division when you can't beat Seattle.

We can beat the Rams though can't we? So what makes the Rams better than the Cardinals using your logic?

We have won 22 games in the last two years and 1 game. You guys have won what?
We have the better Wrs and Oline no doubt than the Rams. Palmer has been more consistent than Foles performance wise but I'll call it even to be fair.

We had the #1 rated slot corner according to PFF last year in Jeraud Powers. And we have Peterson. We have some great safeties and it's an exceptionally deep position. They could all be starters. You guys certainly have the better DL, and LB's. But one advantage you don't have that we do is consistently solid coaching. We can get more out of our players than Fisher.

Our defense didn't have a bad game. The only TD they allowed was off a bad special teams incident. We went up against Bree's. Much different than Wilson. He didn't have any downfield throws that were successful. All his yds came off screens. Until proven otherwise we are better than the Rams and have been. You fans tend to use examples of one win to support why you are so great much like last year after the Seattle and Denver games. But it's a 16 game season. Make sure to Let fisher know that too (since you won your super bowl and all)

You're right. We didn't beat Seattle last year. We also had a Ryan Lindley led team. So let's see how the games play out this year. We have a real shot at winning our home game.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
IMO:

QB: Cards
RB: Rams
TE: Rams
WR: Cards
OL: Push
DL: Rams
LB: Rams
CB/S: Cards
Coaching: Cards

Basically I think top to bottom the Rams are a more talented (and younger) team, but it comes down to coaching. The cards over perform and the Rams under perform.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3s2vxv0y said:
IMO:

Basically I think top to bottom the Rams are a more talented (and younger) team, but it comes down to coaching. The cards over perform and the Rams under perform.

The most Jeff Fisher like thing to do would be to go into DC and lose on Sunday.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1plywn0b said:
Popeyejones":1plywn0b said:
IMO:

The most Jeff Fisher like thing to do would be to go into DC and lose on Sunday.

I don't even think Jeff could lose if he wanted to this week. The dysfunction over there is mind blowing.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
ringless":1rcpr6g6 said:
Ramfan128":1rcpr6g6 said:
ringless":1rcpr6g6 said:

In any case

AZ 1-0
SF 1-0
Sea 0-1 0-1 Division

We can beat the Rams though can't we? So what makes the Rams better than the Cardinals using your logic?

We have won 22 games in the last two years and 1 game. You guys have won what?
We have the better Wrs and Oline no doubt than the Rams. Palmer has been more consistent than Foles performance wise but I'll call it even to be fair.

We had the #1 rated slot corner according to PFF last year in Jeraud Powers. And we have Peterson. We have some great safeties and it's an exceptionally deep position. They could all be starters. You guys certainly have the better DL, and LB's. But one advantage you don't have that we do is consistently solid coaching. We can get more out of our players than Fisher.

Our defense didn't have a bad game. The only TD they allowed was off a bad special teams incident. We went up against Bree's. Much different than Wilson. He didn't have any downfield throws that were successful. All his yds came off screens. Until proven otherwise we are better than the Rams and have been. You fans tend to use examples of one win to support why you are so great much like last year after the Seattle and Denver games. But it's a 16 game season. Make sure to Let fisher know that too (since you won your super bowl and all)

You're right. We didn't beat Seattle last year. We also had a Ryan Lindley led team. So let's see how the games play out this year. We have a real shot at winning our home game.

Until proven otherwise you're better than the Rams and have been - you have been, but this is a new season.

Also, the first year under Arians, with both starting QBs playing, we were 1-0 against the Cardinals. We've played with 3rd string QBs too....we beat Seattle with one last year. We're all using one game to project what this season will be like....teams change every year....we've only played one game. I was just commentating that it's funny how you consider the Cards the "clear threat" when you can't beat the number one team in the division....I realize that your QB was out last year, but giving up 500 yards wasn't all on your QB. "You fans"...really? I don't and have never claimed that the Rams are "so great". I didn't think we'd win this week. But I do think we're better than the Cardinals...thought that the past few years. If our QBs stay healthy, it'll be interesting to see who wins.

Latest posts