NFC Week 1 Predictions

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2gruoqt8 said:
ringless":2gruoqt8 said:
Ramfan128":2gruoqt8 said:
ringless":2gruoqt8 said:
Not one person got it right.

I do wonder when Arizona will start being discussed more than SF on here since we were the better team last year, and likely will be this year as well... I understand there is not as many AZ posters on here which is part of the issue.

We are the clear threat to the division and had a pretty strong showing ourselves. The only time NO even got a TD was when we had a penalty with 13 men on the field on a punt. Although on the other hand NO defense leaves a lot to be desired.

The Rams are still coached by Jeff Fisher which likely means a lot of ups and downs. The 49ers are still an unknown, and have zero depth behind the starters. I think it's clear that we have been a consistent team that is the real threat in the division.

Palmer is 14-2 in his last 16 starts. Has thrown for over a 98 Passer rating in that time. Has a great TD to INT ratio. He was healthy all of 2013, and the only reason his season ended last year was because the part in his knee was used from a cadaver. It would have snapped just the same walking down the street. They have about a 10 year lifespan on them at the time (huge improvements in the last 10 years in regards to ACL's)

We have the best OL in the division (allowed 0 sacks) and going to get better with the return of Iupati and Massie.
We most likely have the best WR corp in the division with Brown, Floyd, and Fitzgerald. Palmer is better than Kaep and Foles.
We most likely have the 2nd/3rd best defense in the division.

I certainly am not a homer. I have always called me team like I see them. They have a major weakness at ILB which is our achilles. But when I look at the Rams and 49ers I see a lot more weaknesses than we have.

In any case

STL 1-0 TB is because of Division win
AZ 1-0
SF 1-0
Sea 0-1 0-1 Division

Cardinals have the 3rd best defense. If the Niners keep that up then you have the worst d in the division.

What weaknesses do the Rams have that the Cards do not? Please don't say the Oline....because playing Seattle and playing New Orleans is a bit different defensively.

After what I saw Sunday, give me Foles over Palmer every day of the week. Again, Seattle's D vs. New Orleans.

I'll give you your WRs are better, but I wouldn't trade the Rams skill players for the Cardinals.

Confusing how you say the Cards are the "clear threat" in the division when you can't beat Seattle.

We can beat the Rams though can't we? So what makes the Rams better than the Cardinals using your logic?

We have won 22 games in the last two years and 1 game. You guys have won what?
We have the better Wrs and Oline no doubt than the Rams. Palmer has been more consistent than Foles performance wise but I'll call it even to be fair.

We had the #1 rated slot corner according to PFF last year in Jeraud Powers. And we have Peterson. We have some great safeties and it's an exceptionally deep position. They could all be starters. You guys certainly have the better DL, and LB's. But one advantage you don't have that we do is consistently solid coaching. We can get more out of our players than Fisher.

Our defense didn't have a bad game. The only TD they allowed was off a bad special teams incident. We went up against Bree's. Much different than Wilson. He didn't have any downfield throws that were successful. All his yds came off screens. Until proven otherwise we are better than the Rams and have been. You fans tend to use examples of one win to support why you are so great much like last year after the Seattle and Denver games. But it's a 16 game season. Make sure to Let fisher know that too (since you won your super bowl and all)

You're right. We didn't beat Seattle last year. We also had a Ryan Lindley led team. So let's see how the games play out this year. We have a real shot at winning our home game.

Until proven otherwise you're better than the Rams and have been - you have been, but this is a new season.

Also, the first year under Arians, with both starting QBs playing, we were 1-0 against the Cardinals. We've played with 3rd string QBs too....we beat Seattle with one last year. We're all using one game to project what this season will be like....teams change every year....we've only played one game. I was just commentating that it's funny how you consider the Cards the "clear threat" when you can't beat the number one team in the division....I realize that your QB was out last year, but giving up 500 yards wasn't all on your QB. "You fans"...really? I don't and have never claimed that the Rams are "so great". I didn't think we'd win this week. But I do think we're better than the Cardinals...thought that the past few years. If our QBs stay healthy, it'll be interesting to see who wins.

Hypothetically speaking, Ramsfan128, say if we manage to not only beat, but sweep you guys again(with both starting QBs healthy), will you still think you're better than us? I'm obviously not saying it will happen, but I would just like to hear your answer.

I see how you like to say you're talented than us on paper, but it seems you always ignore the coaching aspect. That matters too my man.

I can't agree with ringless just yet, because I think it's too early to say who's the clear threat to challenge for the top of the division. I would say around Week 8 or 9 would be a good time to see who's a clear threat. That way we would have a good grasp of things.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
ClutchDJ":30bptosf said:
Ramfan128":30bptosf said:
ringless":30bptosf said:
Ramfan128":30bptosf said:
[

Cardinals have the 3rd best defense. If the Niners keep that up then you have the worst d in the division.

What weaknesses do the Rams have that the Cards do not? Please don't say the Oline....because playing Seattle and playing New Orleans is a bit different defensively.

After what I saw Sunday, give me Foles over Palmer every day of the week. Again, Seattle's D vs. New Orleans.

I'll give you your WRs are better, but I wouldn't trade the Rams skill players for the Cardinals.

Confusing how you say the Cards are the "clear threat" in the division when you can't beat Seattle.

We can beat the Rams though can't we? So what makes the Rams better than the Cardinals using your logic?

We have won 22 games in the last two years and 1 game. You guys have won what?
We have the better Wrs and Oline no doubt than the Rams. Palmer has been more consistent than Foles performance wise but I'll call it even to be fair.

We had the #1 rated slot corner according to PFF last year in Jeraud Powers. And we have Peterson. We have some great safeties and it's an exceptionally deep position. They could all be starters. You guys certainly have the better DL, and LB's. But one advantage you don't have that we do is consistently solid coaching. We can get more out of our players than Fisher.

Our defense didn't have a bad game. The only TD they allowed was off a bad special teams incident. We went up against Bree's. Much different than Wilson. He didn't have any downfield throws that were successful. All his yds came off screens. Until proven otherwise we are better than the Rams and have been. You fans tend to use examples of one win to support why you are so great much like last year after the Seattle and Denver games. But it's a 16 game season. Make sure to Let fisher know that too (since you won your super bowl and all)

You're right. We didn't beat Seattle last year. We also had a Ryan Lindley led team. So let's see how the games play out this year. We have a real shot at winning our home game.

Until proven otherwise you're better than the Rams and have been - you have been, but this is a new season.

Also, the first year under Arians, with both starting QBs playing, we were 1-0 against the Cardinals. We've played with 3rd string QBs too....we beat Seattle with one last year. We're all using one game to project what this season will be like....teams change every year....we've only played one game. I was just commentating that it's funny how you consider the Cards the "clear threat" when you can't beat the number one team in the division....I realize that your QB was out last year, but giving up 500 yards wasn't all on your QB. "You fans"...really? I don't and have never claimed that the Rams are "so great". I didn't think we'd win this week. But I do think we're better than the Cardinals...thought that the past few years. If our QBs stay healthy, it'll be interesting to see who wins.

Hypothetically speaking, Ramsfan128, say if we manage to not only beat, but sweep you guys again(with both starting QBs healthy), will you still think you're better than us? I'm obviously not saying it will happen, but I would just like to hear your answer.

I see how you like to say you're talented than us on paper, but it seems you always ignore the coaching aspect. That matters too my man.

I can't agree with ringless just yet, because I think it's too early to say who's the clear threat to challenge for the top of the division. I would say around Week 8 or 9 would be a good time to see who's a clear threat. That way we would have a good grasp of things.

I agree with everything you posted.

If the Cardinals sweep us this year, I will have no problem saying I was wrong and that they're the better team.

I don't believe Fisher is as bad of a coach as most people do here....that's why I ignore that aspect. No sense in defending him. Heck, some Rams fans think he is an average coach too. Don't defend him there either. From where I sit, every year Fisher had a franchise QB, he had very competitive teams. Sometimes his teams were competitive without a QB.