NFC Week 1 Predictions

ringless

Reaction score
I started doing this last year and people seemed to enjoy it so I figured it'd be a good thing to continue.

Seahawks 0-0 @ Rams 0-0
Saints 0-0 @ Cardinals 0-0
Vikings 0-0 @ 49ers 0-0

Week 1 is finally here, and boy have we had a lot of change in the division specifically with the 49ers. They are still a talented team but I think its going to take a few weeks to really see where this team is at. But no doubt they have taken a step backwards in regards to coaching and overall talent. I think Minnesota take this one and the 49ers are handed a home loss. There are just too many new pieces and too much change to come out firing week 1 and for them to be on the same page.

The Cardinals, I just don't really feel great about the team we are fielding and then again I never have. I am always waiting for the other shoe to drop with this team. The ILB position was not addressed which means we again will be sending 6 on every play while putting our CB's who have had some talent loss on an island. Much like last year. I don't think thats going to pay off as much this year as it did last. The offense however has been clearly upgraded. We will be missing two OL starters due to injury and suspension for week 1 against the Saints. The Saints have absolutely zero depth at the CB position, which I expect Arians to exploit. This is a great matchup for us offensively. However Brees is on the other side and he is always dangerous. However without Jimmy Graham we could see a much different offense on the field. I believe the Cardinals will win this one at home in saying that.

The Seahawks and Rams should be a great game to watch if you like defense. I happen to enjoy watching defense more than offense so I am looking forward to it as usual. The Rams DL could very possibly destroy the Seahawks OL in the first round of live action. However, I would expect that the Seahawks come in and possibly try to get the screen game going or some quick passes on three step drops to try and slow down the pass rush and get into some sort of rhythm. Not to mention Wilsons ridiculous ability to spin away from defenders. The main issue will be for the Rams to be able to move the ball. The Seahawks obviously have the LOB but there front 7 is just as dangerous as the Rams just not as well known. It is a suffocating defense, and Foles is an unknown right now. It is a 10AM start which will help the Rams out as a lot of West Coast teams start slow, and it appears that Kam will not be participating in this game either which is something to watch for. However I believe Petes team will win being the more disciplined team.

After week one I think this is what the division will look like? What do you guys think.

Sea 1-0
AZ 1-0
SF 0-1
STL 0-1

kearly

Reaction score
Good topic. I honestly feel like all three games are a coinflip.

Sea-STL

I think Seattle is going to come out with a game plan that will protect the OL. Lots of quick passing. Lots of power running. Even though Seattle lost at STL last year, they dominated the game statistically and Wilson had one of the best statistical performances of his life. A big reason for that domination was the quick passing game and the power running of Lynch.

I also think that Foles will probably have a tough time with our pass rush, and whoever their 3rd string RB is won't rush for jack shit.

On the flip side, it's a 10 am start which certainly favors the Rams. And because Wilson will be reluctant to hold the ball, we'll probably see only a few big plays for the Hawks, which means that drives could stall out and keep scoring low. That plus you know that Jeff Fisher WILL fool Pete on a trick play at least once in this game. I don't know how he keeps doing it, but he keeps doing it.

I think Seattle is the better team and wins the matchups. But it's the kind of game that could be decided by a few big plays or by 3rd down luck.

NO-AZ

The Saints are probably a worse team than AZ, but I think this game will be a shootout and I trust the Saints to be more comfortable in those kinds of games than the Cardinals. I respect Palmer but Brees is way more dangerous in the 4th quarter of a tight game. I expect this to be one of the higher scoring games of week 1. The last team to score wins. Could go either way.

Min-SF

Minnesota is *probably* the better team, but I can't imagine a less enviable task than trying to catch Colin Kaepernick at midnight body clock time. This game kicks off at 9:20pm Central time. By the 4th quarter the Vikings better have a huge lead because that defense will be gassed for sure.

Sea 1-0
SF 1-0
AZ 0-1
STL 0-1

Laloosh

Reaction score
SEA 1-0
SF 1-0
AZ 0-1
STL 0-1

I think STL has no offense. Close game through the first half. Seattle pulls away in the 2nd half.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Seattle over St. Louis in a close, frustrating game that will undoubtedly raise my blood pressure.

Saints put up some points on AZ's defense but allow more. Arizona takes this one at home (if it was in New Orleans, I'd give it to the Saints.)

Vikings over a 49ers team that will start the year in complete disarray.

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
ARI 1-0
SEA 1-0
SF 0-1
STL - 0-1

EDIT:

NO @ ARI --- 23 - 34
SEA @ STL --- 17 - 9
MIN @ SF --- 24 - 17

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Seahawks 1-0
Cardinals 1-0
49er's 0-1
Rams 0-1

New Orleans is a hot mess and Minnesota is flirting with being a playoff level team.

Fade

Reaction score
SEA 19 @ STL 17

Like previous contests between these two teams it will be an ugly mess of a football game, with Seattle making more plays in the 4 qtr. to pull away in the end. Jeff Fisher trickery aside.

NO 21 @ AZ 30

The Saints to me are a dysfunctional bunch, and a team that doesn't play well on the road. Arizona on the other hand have a great home field advantage, and a healthy Carson Palmer (better enjoy it while it lasts Cards fans). Arizona wins fairly comfortably.

MIN 20 @ SC 23

The game I can't figure out. Which Kaepernick shows up Is really the deciding factor in the game, and their season. If he plays well they win, if he doesn't they lose. My pessimism wins out, and Kaep plays well.

THE NFC WEST after week 1

AZ - 1-0
SC - 1-0
SEA - 1-0
STL - 0-1

London12

Reaction score
I see wins for all NFC West teams but STL too. I just think the 49ers will catch the Vikings cold at home.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seahawks over Rams
Cardinals over Saints
Vikings over Niners

seahawksTopGear

Reaction score
Seahawks destroy the Rams by at least 14 points. Somewhat close at half time but a big second half from the hawks as the offense starts clicking makes this game a done deal.
San francisco loses on their way to a ridiculous season.
Cardinals are going to be good this year, people will say that after they beat up on nola.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Sea-STL
Seattle is the better team. Sure, we have a worse oline than the one that last year made Russell Wilson the most pressured QB in the NFL. And we're going against the scariest front 7 we see each year. They're always the scariest. But guess what? Their oline is projected to be worse than ours. And our front 7 is even scarier than the Rams. Throw in a new QB for St. Louis who's never been behind an oline that awful and I like Wilson's chances over Foles. I'm changing my mind on my preseason pick. 10 am won't matter as much in the first game of the season and Carroll is probably still taking the same precautions that he's been taking the previous two years.

Hawks win.

NO-AZ
Cards defense is declining but their offense looks improved. I expect the Saints to have the advantage of nobody knows what to expect. Saints eke this one out.

Min-SF Does all this turnover make the Niners come out swinging? Nah, didn't think so either. This team is in disarray and Minnesota is a team with high hopes. Late night or not, I think the Vikes win.

Sea 1-0
SF 0-1
AZ 0-1
STL 0-1

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sea over STL. With Mason (and Gurley) out and Foles not being the type of guy who can perform against a quality defense, I don't see much chance for STL. This game might look close for awhile (if at all), but by the end it won't be.

SAINTS over CARDINALS. The Saints' investment in defense will payoff against a Cardinals team whose line will be in shambles for the beginning of the season. I also don't expect the Saints' offense to take the hit people are expecting. The Cardinals will be a better team than the Saints by the end of the season, but not in Week 1.

Vikings over 49ers. A very underrated Vikings team playing a 9ers team with too many new starters, new schemes, new etc., to come out strong at the beginning of the season. On offense the right side of the O-line will be a drive killer for the 9ers, and on defense the newness of everythign will lead to coverage breakdowns, which will be even worse given Mangini's agressive blitzing tendancies.

The first half of the 9ers schedule is just brutal too. They could go 2-6 in the first half and still finish at .500

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
So far it appears

Starting LG Mike Iupati (DNP/ Knee)
Starting RT Bobbie Massie (Suspended 2 games)
Starting WR Michael Floyd will be out for the first game DNP/Surgery
TE Troy Niklas DNP
TE Gresham LP

Going to be some big OL struggles the first 2-3 weeks by the looks of it.

Laloosh

Reaction score
ringless":26lw3urx said:
So far it appears

TE Troy Niklas DNP
TE Gresham LP

Don't fret. Even if you guys finish 3-13 I'm sure Arians will still get coach of the year.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Laloosh":2d3no1kj said:
ringless":2d3no1kj said:
So far it appears

TE Troy Niklas DNP
TE Gresham LP

Don't fret. Even if you guys finish 3-13 I'm sure Arians will still get coach of the year.

Its not like the NO Defense is anything to fret about luckily. Missing a lot of DB's, there best pass rusher is no longer on the team. There best TE is no longer on the team. They lost a lot of talent. I'd rather be missing all of those players against NO then the rest of our schedule.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
@mikejurecki 2h2 hours ago
BA: WR Mike Floyd will practice tomorrow.

El Caliente

Reaction score
I think Saints fans are viewing this game the same way Cardinal fans are...we are a hot mess right now, but we are at least better than them.

I think it's a toss up to be honest.

Sea 1-0
49ers 0-1
Stl 0-1
AZ 0-1

SuperMan28

Reaction score
Vikings
Cards
Rams

If Austin Davis can do it, Nick Foles can do it better. Nuff said.

Latest posts