Newbie/ Did we forget all about the O line?

Leee-roy

Reaction score
Why is nobody worried about the O line? Last year's was average at best. No major drafts or free agent signings.
Half the reason RW scrambled so much was pressure. Without Beastmode and RW's legs we'd be pretty sad puppies.
With a good O line you can run anytime, and the play action works that much better.
Does anyone else share my concern?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I'm confident that barring too many major injuries the O line will be more than adequate.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
We drafted 2 o line guys... We are returning everyone with a year more experience together and a year more in the system. I'm pretty optimistic about the group this year.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I agree with you....about Moffit. Other than that, you're on your own.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I don't share that concern even in the slightest. The line was above average last season, and it will likely be even better this season. Needless worrying IMO.

Throwdown

Reaction score
We had a 1500 yard rusher, and a rookie throw for 26 TD's, the line is the least of our concerns.

We can pretty much run at will, though there were a few games where Lynch got stone walled, and that's gonna happen from time to time based on match ups. I'm don't get the Sweezy love at all though, but I'll leave that in the hands of Pete and his staff as they've never disappointed me with their moves this far.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
2 of the guys from this O-line were Pro Bowlers and there were at least 2 more that (barring injuries) could have been. Pretty good place to start.

pehawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2znslr76 said:
Hey man be nice.

Meh, maybe you're right. I wasnt trying to be mean to the OP.

I just like our line and think it was more a rookie QB and that line adjusting to his unique style of play. And, as throw said, a 1,500 yard runner, on a playoff team, and a passing attack that could do whatever it wanted by the end of the season IS looking for something to whine about. IMO...

But, I was kinda trying to be mean to throw.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
pehawk":2pjghfxy said:
Zebulon Dak":2pjghfxy said:
Hey man be nice.

Meh, maybe you're right. I wasnt trying to be mean to the OP.

I just like our line and think it was more a rookie QB and that line adjusting to his unique style of play. And, as throw said, a 1,500 yard runner, on a playoff team, and a passing attack that could do whatever it wanted by the end of the season IS looking for something to whine about. IMO...

But, I was kinda trying to be mean to throw.

I agree with you about the O line and throw.

pehawk

Reaction score
In theory, depth should be superb with Carp back and Sweezy a bit more seasoned.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":27ucymqj said:
In theory, depth should be superb with Carp back and Sweezy a bit more seasoned.

There's a lot of bodies to throw at the guard position (Carp is my favorite) but i'm not in love with any of them. Backup tackle is what i'm more concerned about though.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
If Pete Carroll and Tom Cable are happy with it, we should be too.

That's all I can offer. I worry about our pass blocking, but they seem to be cool with it.

drdiags

Reaction score
The team is taking a gamble that with two of the 5 spots manned by above average players and a couple of serviceable vets they could try to address the DL losses of Branch and Jones. The Michaels pick was a surprise but who knows what their long term plan is for managing the cap? So I am going to assume it was a proactive pick to insure the team could still be productive on the ground if Lynch was not available.

There is slim depth behind the starters and questions with LG and RG. Breno is your RT unless Bowie is a surprising 7th round pick-up. The starters are good enough and at this point there is no major new talent coming in to replace those you may have concerns about.

pehawk

Reaction score
I see Carpenter as basically a 1st round guard coming in. He was drafted to play guard and be an elite mauler. I have NO doubts about Carp after the commitment he showed gerting on the field last year. Dude wants to play.

Carp doesn't get enough credit for the grit he showed last year.

firebee

Reaction score
I'm more than comfortable with
LT - Okung
LG - McQuistan, unless Carpenter can beat him out
C - Max Unger
RG - Hoping Sweezy makes a big leap and is able to execute on a significant amount of plays early in the season and pretty much take over by mid-season. If not, I'm comfortable with Moffitt. I think Sweezy is going to be an impact guard when he gets settled into the position. The natural ability, power and athleticism the kid has jumps out at you.
RT - If Giacomini gains form and plays disciplined like he did the latter half of the season, he's a potential pro bowler on our roster. He's one of the best right tackles in the game when he's on top of his game.

We drafted two offensive linemen and signed two undrafted free agent offensive lineman and we have Mike Persons, the Montana kid. Don't forget about him.

An experienced core group of offensive lineman with continuity and some young guys pushing the ranks for playing time. Our offensive line should be much improved this year under the circumstances as long as players keep improving and hit their groove sooner than they did last year. They were atrocious the first half of the season and they left a lot to be desired at times during the 2nd half of the season, but this is a real good offensive line that's coming together and I expect the line to be much better this year if everyone can stay relatively healthy.