New to .Net

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
Hey guys, I hope you don't mind a newbie signing up during Super Bowl week but I just wanted to post a quick message to introduce myself. I'm a Canadian fan (hence the name) that grew up a fan of both the Dolphins and Seahawks but in recent years started gravitating more towards the Hawks (even during the dismal years shortly after '05) to the point where I now consider myself a 100% dedicated 12. I've been down to Seattle several times for games and can't even describe the experiences, was there in 2000 for the final game at the Kingdome (full disclosure, in Miami colors) but have been to Husky Stadium and a handful at the Clink (before the name change though). It's been a few years since my last game in person but I'm planning a trip down there next season for a game.

I've been lurking on this site for a few months now enjoying the discussions and debates and the absolute euphoria of winning the NFC finally compelled me to sign up just so that I can share in the experience with everybody else here. I can't wait for next Sunday to get here, currently sitting and watching Sherm's press conference on NFL Network. I've never in my life been able to enjoy the feeling of one of my teams in any sport winning a championship that this game can't get here soon enough. I'm looking forward to getting to know a few of you guys here. GO HAWKS!!!

Armchair Bronco

Reaction score
I'm also new to the site. Joined last night, and was just activated.

I'm calling myself a "conflicted" Broncos-Seahawks fan. I've been a Broncos fan since 1970, but I moved to Seattle in 1987 and have been cheering for BOTH teams for almost 30 years.

After re-alignment, all of my conflicting loyalty problems seemed to be solved, since I knew the odds of Denver and Seattle both making it to the Big Dance in the same year were close to zero.

That little theory blew up last week! And the fact is: the Conference Championship games last weekend were my personal "Super Bowls". My teams took down the Hated Brady/Belichik duo and the equally hated Kapernick/Harbaugh duo. I was *so* happy last weekend.

"May the best man win!" I'll be happy either way.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Welcome BC and Armchair! BC as a kid our family trips were to sail up the Puget Sound and visit the San Juans and go to Victoria every year. Love it up there!

Armchair, growing up in Seattle I have always been a huge fan of the Hawks, but my brother has always been a huge Broncos fan. Needless to say we felt the same way last week and are both super excited. May the Best team win as you say, I think and hope it's the Hawks, of course. But I love my bro so if we don't win, which would be a major surprise to me, at least I will be happy for him and now you too.

I'll still be PO'd for days, but I tend to try and find silver linings:)

Welcome aboard and look forward to both of your contributions!

Go Hawks!

OP
OP
B

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
Timberhawk":v6x5efm8 said:
Welcome BC and Armchair! BC as a kid our family trips were to sail up the Puget Sound and visit the San Juans and go to Victoria every year. Love it up there!

That's awesome! Victoria is actually where I grew up before moving to the big city. Thanks for the welcome!

Armchair Bronco

Reaction score
Thanks for the friendly welcome. My clownish cohorts on the Broncos sites were predicting that I would be immediately banned on account of my alias. But I knew better than that.

I have 3 kids (a daughter who is 18 and 2 boys - 16 and 15). All of them are solid Broncos fans, but the youngest boy will be rooting for the Hawks next Sunday (...or Friday, or Monday, or Tuesday...or whenever).

I tend to secretly root for the underdog, so I'll likely be cheering for whichever team happens to be behind in the game.

For me, the Hawks are the sentimental favorite. I LOVE teams that can run (think Terrell Davis and the 1997-1999 Broncos), and Lynch gives me my fix of smash-mouth running. I also love Seattle's defense, especially the secondary. I'm also a BIG fan of Pete Carrol's positive approach to running the team compared to the grumpy, Old School mentality of John "Turtle Neck" Fox.

The other "issue" for me is that I will always think of Manning as a Colt, first and foremost. And Manning used to regularly slay the Broncos in the playoffs, largely because we never had enough good corners and safeties to match up. So while I am proud that he's wearing an Orange and Blue uniform, it's not the same thing as seeing Elway in Bronco orange or even Russell Wilson in Seahawk Blue and Green.

It's quite a dilemma. I have a European Super Model for a wife, but I've also been having long-term affair with a Brazilian bikini model. Basically, I'm screwed.

In the grand scheme of things, it's a good problem to have, I guess.

Eldorado

Reaction score
Armchair Bronco":3dhym07p said:
Thanks for the friendly welcome. My clownish cohorts on the Broncos sites were predicting that I would be immediately banned on account of my alias. But I knew better than that.

I have 3 kids (a daughter who is 18 and 2 boys - 16 and 15). All of them are solid Broncos fans, but the youngest boy will be rooting for the Hawks next Sunday (...or Friday, or Monday, or Tuesday...or whenever).

I tend to secretly root for the underdog, so I'll likely be cheering for whichever team happens to be behind in the game.

For me, the Hawks are the sentimental favorite. I LOVE teams that can run (think Terrell Davis and the 1997-1999 Broncos), and Lynch gives me my fix of smash-mouth running. I also love Seattle's defense, especially the secondary. I'm also a BIG fan of Pete Carrol's positive approach to running the team compared to the grumpy, Old School mentality of John "Turtle Neck" Fox.

The other "issue" for me is that I will always think of Manning as a Colt, first and foremost. And Manning used to regularly slay the Broncos in the playoffs, largely because we never had enough good corners and safeties to match up. So while I am proud that he's wearing an Orange and Blue uniform, it's not the same thing as seeing Elway in Bronco orange or even Russell Wilson in Seahawk Blue and Green.

It's quite a dilemma. I have a European Super Model for a wife, but I've also been having long-term affair with a Brazilian bikini model. Basically, I'm screwed.

In the grand scheme of things, it's a good problem to have, I guess.

You realize, without wilsons numbers, the denver running game had more yards and a better average than seatle, right?

Armchair Bronco

Reaction score
Eldorado":26grzy23 said:
You realize, without wilsons numbers, the denver running game had more yards and a better average than seatle, right?

That may be true (I'll take your word). But I'm talking more about the style of running, not total yards rushing. Moreno can get 2 yards up the middle, and that goes down as a 2-yard rush. Lynch gets hit 6 yards behind the line of scrimmage and then drives forward for 8 yards. And there are 4 guys hanging off of him. That's also entered into the record books as a 2-yard run.

But one is a straight ahead run and the other is a smash-mouth statement.

Smash-mouth runs count for more in my book.

Eldorado

Reaction score
Armchair Bronco":2f4czk9c said:
Eldorado":2f4czk9c said:

That may be true (I'll take your word). But I'm talking more about the style of running, not total yards rushing. Moreno can get 2 yards up the middle, and that goes down as a 2-yard rush. Lynch gets hit 6 yards behind the line of scrimmage and then drives forward for 8 yards. And there are 4 guys hanging off of him. That's also entered into the record books as a 2-yard run.

But one is a straight ahead run and the other is a smash-mouth statement.

Smash-mouth runs count for more in my book.

DVOA has got Knowshon at 13. Lynch at 17.

Armchair Bronco

Reaction score
BC-Hawk":3ecyfrcn said:
Hey guys, I hope you don't mind a newbie signing up during Super Bowl week but I just wanted to post a quick message to introduce myself. I'm a Canadian fan (hence the name) that grew up a fan of both the Dolphins and Seahawks but in recent years started gravitating more towards the Hawks (even during the dismal years shortly after '05) to the point where I now consider myself a 100% dedicated 12. I've been down to Seattle several times for games and can't even describe the experiences, was there in 2000 for the final game at the Kingdome (full disclosure, in Miami colors) but have been to Husky Stadium and a handful at the Clink (before the name change though). It's been a few years since my last game in person but I'm planning a trip down there next season for a game.

I've been lurking on this site for a few months now enjoying the discussions and debates and the absolute euphoria of winning the NFC finally compelled me to sign up just so that I can share in the experience with everybody else here. I can't wait for next Sunday to get here, currently sitting and watching Sherm's press conference on NFL Network. I've never in my life been able to enjoy the feeling of one of my teams in any sport winning a championship that this game can't get here soon enough. I'm looking forward to getting to know a few of you guys here. GO HAWKS!!!

BC-Hawk: where are you planning to watch the game?

OP
OP
B

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
Armchair Bronco":z17eswv2 said:
BC-Hawk":z17eswv2 said:

BC-Hawk: where are you planning to watch the game?

At home where my crazy antics while watching nerve-wracking games aren't frowned upon, lol