New Seahawks Jersey Numbers

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
bjboywonder":bledzkie said:
I HATE when they let someone wear #37. I didn't like it when they let Browner wear it in preseason either. I hate how our ONLY MVP gets such disrespect and doesn't have his number retired. But then again #80 wasn't sacred either when they let Rice wear it i guess. If Largent's number isn't sacred why would i expect Shaun's to be. :pukeface:
37 being issued doesn't bother me, issuing 45 does though.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
seanutz":30uy859h said:
bjboywonder":30uy859h said:
I respectfully disagree. Our first and only League MVP, who (albeit for a short period) broke the touch down record, and was a big part of what got us to our first Superbowl, should have his jersey retired. Just my humble opinion.
:13: :13:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

McG

Reaction score
Take the majority of these new players #'s with a grain of salt. We have 90 players on the roster out of a possible 99, minus the retired numbers. The players that actually make the team/practice roster after training camp cuts will probably select #'s better suited to their position and taste. I do think it's BS that S.A.'s # is being used and it not being retried, but his accomplishments are diminished due to injury, OL, and lack of a Superbowl victory.

el capitan

Reaction score
I like the way we do things, only retire the #'s of the HOF inductees.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Please.

The Seahawks had a decent run of pretty solid RBs over the years: Curt Warner, Chris Warren, Ricky Watters, Shaun Alexander , and now Marshawn Lynch.

Shaun Alexander had one of the most productive 5 years series in NFL history.

If he had just one more year in 06 or 07 like he did in 04/05, he'd easily be a first ballot HoFer.

But I don't really care about the jersey number... its a number... their are 90 players on roster... deal wit it.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
I must agree with the contention that Shaun Alexander, while he had very good statistics, was not a transcendent player in the class of Jones, Largent, or Kennedy. Just think, if the Denver Broncos applied the logic used to elevate Alexander to ROH status, Clinton Portis, Mike Anderson, Olandis Gary and Tatum Bell would be in theirs. How many of these guys can people actually still remember? If anyone deserves the bulk of the credit for 2005 it's Holmgren and our amazing O-line.

253hawk

Reaction score
I must be the only one that doesn't give a rat's ass about what number a player wears or even if it's retired or not. On a long enough timeline, just about every number on every team could be retired anyway.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Hawknballs":11nu6reb said:
Has anyone used this site before?

http://easternlettering.net/store/pro-f ... etail.html

I'm thinking of swapping out that Tate for Norwood, my adopt-a-rookie.

I'd use Seattle Tackle Twill, since they actually make the jersey's the players wear on the field.
They turned my new (new old stock) 95' MIRE #3 jersey into a retro #3 WILSON jersey for $30 and it looks EXACTLY the same. People ask all the time where they are selling the "retro" Wilson jersey.

Attachments

• WILSON.jpg
    WILSON.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 1,099

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
garrylt4":2tviebl1 said:
To me 80, 71, and 96 should be untouchable.

I disagree, I dont think any number should be retired. To me the way you honour someone great is to try and be as good as them.

kearly

Reaction score
Britt wore #68 in college, but it is funny how he's basically replacing Breno with the same jersey number while possessing a lot of the traits Breno had.

Browner's replacement got his number. Norwood probably compares better to Tate than Richardson does, so it's fitting he got Tate's number. Marsh might end up as an oddball LEO for us if they can't fix his run D, so giving him Clemons number feels like it's sending a message too.

Richardson wore #6 in college. Giving him #10 (DeSean Jackson's number) feels intentional to me.

dino26

Reaction score
I like how PRich has 10 since the djack comparison.

Not a fan of a DB rocking 37 though !

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
kearly":337isqhj said:
Britt wore #68 in college, but it is funny how he's basically replacing Breno with the same jersey number while possessing a lot of the traits Breno had.

Browner's replacement got his number. Norwood probably compares better to Tate than Richardson does, so it's fitting he got Tate's number. Marsh might end up as an oddball LEO for us if they can't fix his run D, so giving him Clemons number feels like it's sending a message too.

Richardson wore #6 in college. Giving him #10 (DeSean Jackson's number) feels intentional to me.

Maybe, just maybe they thought lumping #10, #11, and #12 in sequence together would form the Legion Of Sonic Boom

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":39ki03zf said:
garrylt4":39ki03zf said:
To me 80, 71, and 96 should be untouchable.

I disagree, I dont think any number should be retired. To me the way you honour someone great is to try and be as good as them.
That is a great attitude to have as a player.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
if im SA, I'm feeling like I just got stabbed in the back. Not sure who to thank more, Obama or the 12's :shrug:

ivotuk

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1bn8bgoh said:
kearly":1bn8bgoh said:

Maybe, just maybe they thought lumping #10, #11, and #12 in sequence together would form the Legion Of Sonic Boom

*chuckle*

Wasn't the last person to wear 10 that loud mouth were receiver?

suppaball

Reaction score
Throwdown":30gxkmhg said:
I don't think #37 should be retired, but I think it should have special perimeters set for it, RB & FB only, like #8 should be QB only.

I can't get down with a DB wearing it.
And not just any RB either, 37 should be reserved for our next great back like Dallas does with 88 for there WR.

chris98251

Reaction score
suppaball":1qow7as5 said:
Throwdown":1qow7as5 said:
I don't think #37 should be retired, but I think it should have special perimeters set for it, RB & FB only, like #8 should be QB only.

I can't get down with a DB wearing it.
And not just any RB either, 37 should be reserved for our next great back like Dallas does with 88 for there WR.

Dallas has a great receiver?

Threedee

Reaction score
If you get down to comparing Warner-Alexander-Lynch, you have to consider that Lynch has benefitted from a run-first offense, and Alexander from a superior OL. This is a door for Warner fans to jump in. :)

Personally, my Seahawks Rushmore would be Largent-Kennedy-Jones-Lynch, but I am expecting Wilson to be such a stellar QB that he replaces Lynch. Also, present defender such as Sherman or Thomas could replace Kennedy. I like Kennedy because of when he played. Largent and Jones are locks in my book.

Latest posts