My tribute to Les...

DeletedAccount

Reaction score
My apologies for creating a seperate thread for this, but I seemed unable to post to Heather's (Les's daughter) thread about the Memorial Services. So I thought it appropriate to pay my respects here.

I just wanted to say that over the roughly 10 years I have been a part of this community. Les, or The Radish as I knew him, was unequivocaly my favorite. I just reviewed some of his PM's to me gently but firmly directing me about posting protocol and a smile came to my face. I know of course, I did not know him nearly as well as many of the others on this community. But from what I did know about him, I had the utmost respect for him. Whenever I saw a post or message of his, I treated it with a respect that was unique for him.

You see...even though I know in many--and probably most occurances--I did not deserve it, Les always treated me with respect. This made me deeply respect him, and as I reflect on it now, I hope I can learn from him and pay this freely giving of respect forward to others.

Heather, your father was a positive impact on my life and I hope I can have similar positive impacts on the lives of others. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and I am thankfull for having the opportunity of having your father in my life.

Nathan...aka: Seesurfers

Msfann

Reaction score
Well said! I'll never get tired of reading posts like this.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Les was a gem amongst men. A few times he had to "warn" me for getting out of line, and sometimes at the heat of the moment I'd disagree.

15 minutes later I'd go back and review the situation with a clear head, and realize Les and his wisdom were right on, and would often PM him back telling him how spot on he was, and he was cool about it. Funny thing was is he never did it in a mean spirited or nasty way, he had tact, and knew how to defuse the situation and get me laughing by the end of the conversation.

Whatever the magic " it " was, Les had it in spades! :)

TwilightError

Reaction score
Radish guided me through private messages once too and he did it with a way which made me feel like an accepted member here. Very warm, very classy and and still firm on the subject. Being able to communicate like that is a very rare quality.

CANHawk

Reaction score
If Les were here, he'd send me a PM reminding me to remind you that you're a Browns fan now. We always got a good Lol out of that bit.

JK of course. Very classy post my man. Those were crazy times and Les did an amazing job of keeping the peace around here. He will be missed... RIP old timer.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Always welcomed to hear thoughts about Les' impact on someone's life.

In honor of Les, I will now use commas instead of periods...

Until we meet again old friend,,,

CANHawk

Reaction score
Aros":1kypw6ii said:
Always welcomed to hear thoughts about Les' impact on someone's life.

In honor of Les, I will now use commas instead of periods...

Until we meet again old friend,,,
Lol. That's,,,,,, awesome,

Thunderbird

Reaction score
He kept me grounded in reality--when I was miles away. RIP, brother. See you on the other side. :179417:

sc85sis

Reaction score
I miss getting random emails from him with philosophical witticisms and cute dog photos.

Latest posts