My thoughts

ZagHawk

Reaction score
LTH":328w0mit said:
pittpnthrs":328w0mit said:
LTH":328w0mit said:
Are the Seahawks out of contention in the west? No they are not. There is still a chance they could pull it out...

This is where your losing everybody, hence the delusional comment. Mathematically theres a chance, but realistically theres no chance. Seattle is just not a good football team. From the ownership, to the coaching staff, to the players,,,,,,the team is broken.

We still play the Cards twice and the Rams once... How Many times have u seen a team start off fast and then fall apart at the end for what ever reason an injusry or maybe the NFL figures them out...

So many things can happen...

LTH

The only way I see the Cards and Rams falling apart to the point where the Seahawks can contend for the west...is major injuries. Which if anything would just disguise the truth of the team until it hits playoffs and gets exposed a non-contender again. In fact didn't that just happen last year? the team had like 2-3 close game wins against teams with back up QBs and then got exposed in the playoffs?

If we're focusing JUST on this season. RW and Carson are on IR, the soonest they are back is what 2 more games? that's the SOONEST and that's assuming they come back firing on all cylinders (which is also not likely). There is a good chance Hawks will lose at least 1 if not 2 more games in that span. So a record of 3-5 or more likely 2-6? The team would then need to win out the remainder of the season for any hope of playoffs.

Also being realistic, with every loss the locker room implodes more and more and more. You end up having a great chance of losing the remainder of your games than winning out. In previous years you had talent that went to a SB and won together, they could look around and trust each other even in a funk and say "we're better than this" and make their adjustments to get back and win. This roster however contains what...2 players left from the SBs, the remainder have barely been in the playoffs. I don't think that come together and win out moment is there for them.

Yes, the season is not over, yes it is statistically possible this team could somehow finish the season 13-4, but more realistically season is going to end up being possibly 7-11. Because if this team ends up 2-6 before RW gets back on the field, you may find other players suddenly getting pulled off to heal up the injuries they were playing through making the team even worse.

Fade

Reaction score
The season is over. Even if they make the playoffs, they will be promptly bounced. Pete is only capable of putting together 2 quarters of football in a 4 quarters game. The talent level on the team including the HoF QB is no longer capable of overcoming this handicap.

Over 40% of the teams make the playoffs now. Making the playoffs isn't an achievement, unless you are the Jaguars or the Lions. Is that what the Seahawks are now?

RiverDog

Reaction score
LTH":j3krgqpc said:
I agree with the premise, the problem is some on here blamed the Offense problems on Wilson. They even went so far as to say we would do better with Gneo, fewer sacks, wining TOP, etc. Guess what no. The problem with this team has been PC.

RiverDog":j3krgqpc said:
Well, who ever said that is full of baloney (how do you like my G rated language?). Only the most avid RW hater would claim that Geno is better than Russell. He's unarguably one of the top 10 QB's in the league, top 5 in my book.

Having said that, I'm no Russell Wilson boot licker and while we have to admit that he does have some issues, specifically this notion of his that he's Superman and can salvage any and every botched play, he's not what's ailing us. You're right, the problems with this team start and end with Pete Carroll.

LTH":j3krgqpc said:
I never made that quote. I don't think the problem is with PC... where did you get that?

See text highlighted in red.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
RiverDog":njgg1uig said:
LTH":njgg1uig said:
I agree with the premise, the problem is some on here blamed the Offense problems on Wilson. They even went so far as to say we would do better with Gneo, fewer sacks, wining TOP, etc. Guess what no. The problem with this team has been PC.

RiverDog":njgg1uig said:
Well, who ever said that is full of baloney (how do you like my G rated language?). Only the most avid RW hater would claim that Geno is better than Russell. He's unarguably one of the top 10 QB's in the league, top 5 in my book.

Having said that, I'm no Russell Wilson boot licker and while we have to admit that he does have some issues, specifically this notion of his that he's Superman and can salvage any and every botched play, he's not what's ailing us. You're right, the problems with this team start and end with Pete Carroll.

LTH":njgg1uig said:
I never made that quote. I don't think the problem is with PC... where did you get that?

I didnt write that.... anybody who knows me knows I didnt write that... I love what PC brings toi this team...

Now the Question is where did that come from? cause I'm telling you I didn't write that and its concerning to me that it there ...

So either you fabricated that (which I doubt),

you made a mistake when you copied and pasted it

or someone put my name on it and is Fu@king with me..

which is it?

LTH

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Fade":18itt3dq said:
Is that what the Seahawks are now?

We're not even that anymore.

We're now a below average franchise full of over the hill vets and a drastic lack of developing talent that can no longer compete for divisions, let alone come anywhere close to Super Bowl aspirations.

RiverDog

Reaction score
LTH":3p6nw5y7 said:
RiverDog":3p6nw5y7 said:

RiverDog":3p6nw5y7 said:

I didnt write that.... anybody who knows me knows I didnt write that... I love what PC brings toi this team...

Now the Question is where did that come from? cause I'm telling you I didn't write that and its concerning to me that it there ...

which is it?

LTH

You're right, it was John63 that I was quoting. My sincere apologies, it was not intentional.

One of the things that I don't like about how this forum is structured is the number of quotes that can get embedded into a single post, this one being a prime example, so often times when I reply to a comment, I'll cut out what I don't want to respond to in an effort to keep it simple and make reading my musings less busy for other readers. Through my deleting of text, I obviously got his comment associated with your name. Once again, I apologize.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
RiverDog":fow3mqev said:
LTH":fow3mqev said:

which is it?

LTH

You're right, it was John63 that I was quoting. My sincere apologies, it was not intentional.

One of the things that I don't like about how this forum is structured is the number of quotes that can get embedded into a single post, this one being a prime example, so often times when I reply to a comment, I'll cut out what I don't want to respond to in an effort to keep it simple and make reading my musings less busy for other readers. Through my deleting of text, I obviously got his comment associated with your name. Once again, I apologize.

Not a problem...

LTH

ZagHawk

Reaction score
LTH

I don't know where your other post went, but here is my response to that one (which is tied to this one). You're an eternal optimist, not a bad thing. Please note for those of us criticizing the hawks, it's out of passion and LOVE of our team. We want them to do better, we believe they can do better, but at this point we believe it can only do better with changes vs more of the same. Before it was very much, belief it was just part of the process. Win in the 4th quarter, team gets stronger in the second half. I was very much optimistic in this team's abilities and the process, I was someone who stayed in the stands at the NFCCG against the packers after my god pick, after pick, after pick, after pick. Thinking in my head my God why didn't I just sell my tickets for $2000 and by myself a nice flat screen TV to turn off this game at home, vs forcing myself to eventually wallow in sadness as I shiver in the bleeds. BUT I did believe they could pull off miracles, because the team did over and over again at that time.

During those I'll call it golden years, the offense sputtering out was not new. The defense giving up yards was also not new. However, when the team would get in a hole, the offense would get the ball back and show it's potential to score in 20 seconds flat. When the opposing team would drive up the field and I was praying for a miracle stop at the goal line game after game. The hawks did just that, miracle pick six in the red zone, stop, interception, etc. etc. etc. When RW got the ball back in the 4th quarter with a minute left to go, he would WIN that game. For that reason I stayed in the stands for the NFCCG. For that reason I tried not to get bent out of shape if early season records were not great for the team as they found themselves later in the season and continued to get better. Because we saw it before. Just the year prior.

However...those teams is NOT this team. Opposing offenses are driving up the field and when it comes to the red zone when the Hawks used to put a lid on it, the opposing team is scoring TDs at will. When the hawks are being put in a hole, they are no longer answering right back or perhaps not at all until it's "garbage time". When RW is being given the ball to win the game in OT or the final minute, whether it's playcalling and or RW or some player making a boneheaded move. Either way instead of seeing our team be thankful for the final possession to squeak out yet another victory and let opposing team fans cry about injuries or some random call in the game that didn't go their way. The Hawks are now falling flat to end the game or committing some bonehead mistake. Either way it ends in an L.

So yes, the belief is no longer there by myself and a lot of fans that this team is going to turn anything around (like it used to). Because they are indeed no longer capable, they were capable 6-8 years ago. They have not been capable for the last 2-3 years and for the forseeable 2-3 years. It has been a slow trajectory of getting worse and worse and a false sense of the team being better than it was I think just a year or two ago when it should and could have been easily a 4-6 win team had it not been for playing against nothing but injured teams and fortunate circumstances (missed kicks, etc.)

Anyway my post is long, but to cap it. The above is why the belief is not there. We all saw the same things you saw, but I (and Im sure others) feel like you are not seeing the last few years and what this team is now and what this NFL and the remaining teams in the NFCW are either.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1n1u0fe2 said:
Fade":1n1u0fe2 said:
Is that what the Seahawks are now?

We're not even that anymore.

We're now a below average franchise full of over the hill vets and a drastic lack of developing talent that can no longer compete for divisions, let alone come anywhere close to Super Bowl aspirations.

This team went from a better version of the Mariners of actually being able to get into the playoffs, but being exposed and booted shortly out. To becoming the Mariners, good enough to be in the bubble watch but will fall flat and miss the playoffs. Here's hoping the Mariners are up in trajectory next year.

LegendKiller

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2ohxd3wi said:
DangeRussHawk":2ohxd3wi said:
The delusion is real with this post

So what you really wanted him to say was "stick a fork in them they're done". You do appreciate this is a forum where folks are encouraged to express their views even if you disagree. Further you need to appreciate everyone naturally doesn't share you totally negative perceptions of the team and it's prospects. We are all entitled to our viewpoints even if you disagree with the OP. The OP's post was a thoughtful and encouraged response to a losing effort that left him at least still of the belief that the fight for a playoff spot may not be done yet. many of us here are not yet prepared to be wringing our hand and saying "woe is us".

Previously the team has found ways to work themselves out of highly negative situations and to come out alright albeit perhaps not at genuine championship levels. It is also the case that things have gotten worse over the past few seasons with the ability of the defence to actually defend. I am personally an optimist and look for good where I can find it. Apparently you believe in a Eeyore state of mind like "Things could be worse though I'm not sure how." it 's been bad before if you know the history of the team, and bad before with this HC but the team has figured it out. They either will or they won't. You can believe the cup is half empty or worse or half full, it's entirely a matter of perspective.

To me the game last especially the 2nd half was finally somewhat enjoyable to watch, though the first half was certainly a tad discouraging. There were lots of positives to take from the game and a few players who performed very well. Many of the same structural problems of th D continued but were improved except when it was critically important for them not to be present. They ran the ball well in the 2nd half and were able to find some open passing lanes as a result. Was it good enough? Obviously not, but it wasn't an effort that caused me to think there still isn't a lot of fight left in the team.

At present the team is handicapped by the absence of their pro Bowl level QB, yet they showed up last night. Their record says how good they are, and presently it is the case they are not that good. There are many reasons for their poor record including questionable coaching but lack of fight in the dog isn't one of the reasons.

I find myself inclined to agree with Jville, who's calm voice here should cause us all to pause from the Chicken Little viewpoint espoused by many here. They could be right but so far no sky has fallen on me yet, it has been raining a lot recently though..

Sweet Jesus! You wrote a novel off of my 7 word response. On top of that, you're a mod that's being hypocritical because I have an opinion that you don't like! If you're going to be a mod, then understand that this is a forum and i'm entitled to an opinion just as much as the OP and that's what threads are for.

Now, since you seem to extrapolate a ton about my view off of a 7 word response lets address YOUR assumptions.

So what you really wanted him to say was "stick a fork in them they're done".

Is that what I said?

Further you need to appreciate everyone naturally doesn't share you totally negative perceptions of the team and it's prospects.

7 word response. Totally negative. Being a realist is not being negative. You can pretend like everything is sunshine and rainbows and unicorns but for 7 years we have seen this franchise rapidly descend and become a bottom 5 team which is inexcusable given the talent we have. The proof is in the pudding and the statistics.

Previously the team has found ways to work themselves out of highly negative situations and to come out alright albeit perhaps not at genuine championship levels. It is also the case that things have gotten worse over the past few seasons with the ability of the defence to actually defend. I am personally an optimist and look for good where I can find it. Apparently you believe in a Eeyore state of mind like "Things could be worse though I'm not sure how." it 's been bad before if you know the history of the team, and bad before with this HC but the team has figured it out. They either will or they won't. You can believe the cup is half empty or worse or half full, it's entirely a matter of perspective.

And why is the team continuously in highly negative situations? Season after season? Our head coach can't seem to figure it out after 7 years. 1 or 2 seasons, I would get it... but 7?!?!?!?! Poor drafting, pissing away draft picks and inexcusable loyalty to players and coaches that can't do their job at a high level will cause a Franchise to tank. Want proof? BILL O BRIAN. He had the same amount of power and control over the Texans as Pete Carroll has on the Seahawks. Look at that franchise now. It's a dumpster fire.

In conclusion, I wrote a 7 word response and somehow you were able to make all these assumptions about my thoughts and views on the team while managing to be hypocritical at the same time. You can keep sipping the kool-aid and wearing your rose colored glasses. That's fine by me and your prerogative, but get off your high horse when a member of this forum has an opinion doesn't fall in line with yours. It's a forum.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, how dare someone has hope about their team. Quite a few miserable whiners in this fanbase. That's fun for you??
Suck it up and pull for your team instead of blasting them, over and over again. We are ALL fully aware of how much they are struggling and are likely not making the playoffs this year. Where were all these same people after they beat Indy? First sign of real struggle and people are jumping off the wagon. Pathetic. Nothing wrong with criticism, there's plenty wrong with blasting your "team" over and over again.
Do you though.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It's clear we disagree DangeRussHawk and you can carry on with the rain cloud over your head regarding everything as being negative.

I don't care that's your view. We are allowed to have different views here and that's cool. One or two of us here think the team is not done for the year yet. The season isn't even half over yet, that isn't delusional.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":157ivyvh said:
Yeah, how dare someone has hope about their team. Quite a few miserable whiners in this fanbase. That's fun for you??
Suck it up and pull for your team instead of blasting them, over and over again. We are ALL fully aware of how much they are struggling and are likely not making the playoffs this year. Where were all these same people after they beat Indy? First sign of real struggle and people are jumping off the wagon. Pathetic. Nothing wrong with criticism, there's plenty wrong with blasting your "team" over and over again.
Do you though.

We have gone from talking about football strategy, talking about ways this team could pull out of this slump into a depressive state of actual denial of ANYTHING that resembles a positive out look... I have no problem with people that don't agree with my out look but Golly Gee at least consider my point of view... Think about what I'm saying and see how it might be relevant rather than getting stuck in this depressive narrative state of depression.. All I want to do is talk football and the narrative that it's over... Pete sucks blow up the whole thing is really old... there are a lot more things to talk about than that,,

Soulfish your alright!

LTH

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Doom and gloom is a waste of time and energy. Doubling down to put people down who actually have hope? That's just plain strange.
But, dot negative in a nutshell.

chris98251

Reaction score
LTH":37y68f2t said:
SoulfishHawk":37y68f2t said:
Do you though.

We have gone from talking about football strategy, talking about ways this team could pull out of this slump into a depressive state of actual denial of ANYTHING that resembles a positive out look... I have no problem with people that don't agree with my out look but Golly Gee at least consider my point of view... Think about what I'm saying and see how it might be relevant rather than getting stuck in this depressive narrative state of depression.. All I want to do is talk football and the narrative that it's over... Pete sucks blow up the whole thing is really old... there are a lot more things to talk about than that,,

Soulfish your alright!

LTH

Did you really use Golly Gee..........

E3RXkinhbYsqa1 J9x uo6rkUIy8y9QB0VrR q XAusqpCAU

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
chris98251":4c8knkkd said:
LTH":4c8knkkd said:
SoulfishHawk":4c8knkkd said:
Do you though.

Soulfish your alright!

LTH

I did... it was a reference to Holmgren...

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
LTH":3kiutkv3 said:
chris98251":3kiutkv3 said:
LTH":3kiutkv3 said:
SoulfishHawk":3kiutkv3 said:
Do you though.

Soulfish your alright!

LTH

I did... it was a reference to Holmgren...

LTH

oh ok then.....

AR-305269945.jpg

Cdc7df051fd1e8a1ae6d08740d6e0493

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
If you listened to Holmgren's PC he used that term a lot... and I always thought it was funny... its like what? really? LOL

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
LTH":1ji02qsf said:
If you listened to Holmgren's PC he used that term a lot... and I always thought it was funny... its like what? really? LOL

LTH

Watched Leave it to Beaver all the time before going to school, Wally used Golly Gee a lot , Dennis the Mennis also used it a lot when talking to Mr. Wilson.