Multiple reports on Pete’s future

Ozzy

Reaction score
Twitter has a bunch of stuff being reported that Seattle is evaluating the future of the team after today. I tend to think it’s a lock Pete coaches one more year when his contract runs out but where there is smoke there’s usually fire. Today could have some big implications

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I saw a couple where their "source" is heavy.com... Really? That 100% speculation and 'proposed trade' site? That's not a source. You'd be better off sourcing dot net or your uncle Joe or something.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
....or a bear shitting in the woods.....but they are all hibernating at the moment....watching the Seahawks replays on their tablets.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
No there's credible sources on this one, it would make sense to give new coaches the ability to formulate draft strategy. I'm torn on it, I think there's too many things that PC would have to let go of in order to stay on for another year, that's of course a guess. It would also be amazing if he stuck on, added the right lineman on both sides of the ball and they got to the dance next year. But, as many have mentioned, that's sort of been his schtick the last few years and it's very stale. Though he's also a very talented coach and leader, championship teams are all about capturing the lightning in a bottle of all the characters in your building and bringing it all together and maintaining. There at one point was sentiment that might be what we had in PC, I won't be mad at him if he leaves, he recouped a bunch of capital in sending Russ packing. He's my 1a favorite coach.

rjdriver

Reaction score
My WAG is that the odds of Pete not returning next year as head coach are somewhere in the 10-15% range.

It won't matter what transpires today although I will be a little curious as to his body language and tone at the end of the game and post game presser.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
No there's credible sources on this one, it would make sense to give new coaches the ability to formulate draft strategy. I'm torn on it, I think there's too many things that PC would have to let go of in order to stay on for another year, that's of course a guess. It would also be amazing if he stuck on, added the right lineman on both sides of the ball and they got to the dance next year. But, as many have mentioned, that's sort of been his schtick the last few years and it's very stale. Though he's also a very talented coach and leader, championship teams are all about capturing the lightning in a bottle of all the characters in your building and bringing it all together and maintaining. There at one point was sentiment that might be what we had in PC, I won't be mad at him if he leaves, he recouped a bunch of capital in sending Russ packing. He's my 1a favorite coach.
Source?

NoGain

Reaction score
At the very least, ownership needs to hear from PC what his plans are for improving the fortunes of the team in the future. Hopefully ownership is smart enough to see the true state of the team now and will not accept any of his empty platitudes. But I have no idea whatsoever about the fate of the future of the ownership of the team, or if they are satisfied with not truly contending for a title, or even if they know that we're not all set up for such thing at present from either a financial, talent, or coaching standpoint.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
My WAG is that the odds of Pete not returning next year as head coach are somewhere in the 10-15% range.

It won't matter what transpires today although I will be a little curious as to his body language and tone at the end of the game and post game presser.
It won’t be any different then The week before or the week before or the week before.

rjdriver

Reaction score
It won’t be any different then The week before or the week before or the week before.

True..

I guess I just I just mean if he does one of those "final look" things as he leaves the stadium.

It would be apropos though. Everything Seahawks related ends on that God forsaken field. Dynasties, Sherman's Achilles, Earl's leg, Kan and Cliff's injuries. To hell with that place.