Much rather have Tate then Harvin

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Listening to the Tate interview on KIRO, do you think these players actually think the twitter nuts are an accurate representative of the fans? It's mind boggling how he lumps all Seahawks fans together.

rideaducati

Reaction score
You got exactly what you wanted. Tate THEN Harvin.

I don't get all the fuss.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
bigtrain21":xu4ppe4z said:
Listening to the Tate interview on KIRO, do you think these players actually think the twitter nuts are an accurate representative of the fans? It's mind boggling how he lumps all Seahawks fans together.

It probably makes him feel better about his decision to leave when he does so. "Well, they were never really my fans anyway, so I'm glad I chose to leave!"

Frankly, I don't know why Tate is going on KIRO. You took more money, that was your choice, there will be butthurt whiners who expect you to take less money so you can play for their favorite team and play it up as you being greedy. Just say, "Look, I got offered a lot more to play, this is my first non-rookie contract, and I had to make a business decision. I enjoyed Seattle while I was there, but I have to move on."

Then move on. Hopefully the fans that are whining about it will get over it soon, too.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3bw2upur said:
bigtrain21":3bw2upur said:

It probably makes him feel better about his decision to leave when he does so. "Well, they were never really my fans anyway, so I'm glad I chose to leave!"

Frankly, I don't know why Tate is going on KIRO. You took more money, that was your choice, there will be butthurt whiners who expect you to take less money so you can play for their favorite team and play it up as you being greedy. Just say, "Look, I got offered a lot more to play, this is my first non-rookie contract, and I had to make a business decision. I enjoyed Seattle while I was there, but I have to move on."

Then move on. Hopefully the fans that are whining about it will get over it soon, too.

That's a good point. It probably hurts to leave so he might be trying to make himself feel better. I don't have any doubt he wanted to stay but when you are offered that much less money it truly is hard to turn down. I think the venom is in the minority though.

I don't think he should feel insulted by our offer either. We offered what we determined he was worth to our team under the constaints of keeping the core guys together.

OffseasonChampions

Reaction score
Can't say I blame him for taking more money. But enjoy that one ring, that's all you will ever get. Though the Lions might hand out rings if they finally beat the Packers in Lambeau for the first time in a zillion years.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I agree that the venom is in the minority. It sucks, and I'm bummed, definitely. I would love to keep this team's key contributors around. But I have the sense to understand that this is a life-changing chance to bank money for Tate and his family, and I don't begrudge him not taking 10M less to stay here.

The only "bad" thing he did was say that he'd take a little less to stay here because he raised expectations among fans who think that "a little less" = "10M," but I don't blame him for loving the city and organization enough to say that in the first place.

I think, in a business where money is a direct comment on how much you are worth/how good you are, it isn't shocked that he was insulted by our offer. I know it must hurt to have a championship organization let you know that they think you are worth half of what other teams think that you are worth. However, he'll realize someday that it's just business on both sides, hopefully sooner rather than later.

DrDix

Reaction score
Harvin over Tate 100/100. Harvin is generational talent.

Tate can take his ass to Detroit and have fun never making the playoffs.

MVP53

Reaction score
bigtrain21":10bd3hdc said:

Yea, I don't get this either. Same gripe I have with Baldwin. How many people are really bagging on Tate on twitter? A couple dozen? 50? 100?

Well, there were 750K people at the Super Bowl parade, so figure out the percentage.

The angry idiots who hide behind their keyboards so they can spit venom at professional athletes is BY FAR, the minority. It's not even worth Tate or Baldwin commenting on, IMO.

Guess what Golden, people in stands swear at you when you drop a pass too. How is this news or shocking to athletes these days?

Paschtorian

Reaction score
Did you not watch the Superbowl? You are (supremely) misinformed.

Harvin (all year) will eat Tate's stats alive.

But, then again, they play two (completely) different WR positions.

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
I personally know Patterson. Ive talked to him about this. He said the Hawks never got talked to him or seemed interested even before harvin. So Tate and Patterson doesnt seem to have ever been an option.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2en4vioj said:
onanygivensunday":2en4vioj said:
Tate would be better off if he suspended his twitter account until the regular season starts.
Actually, it sounds like you would be the one better off if he suspended his Twitter account.
Where the hell is this coming from?

I don't tweet... never have, never will.

He doesn't like the reaction of some followers?... tough tittie said the kitty... don't read the tweets is my advice.

OP
OP
E

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
I never said Tate was a better football player then Harvin !

Jesus I wish some people would actually read the post ..

I would rather have Golden Tate , 3 first round picks ( potentially Corderelle Patterson ) and 7m more in cap room instead of HARVIN

how do people disagree with that ?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
How does not trading for Harvin equate to 3 1st round picks?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":3i28rfz5 said:

I would rather have Golden Tate , 3 first round picks ( potentially Corderelle Patterson ) and 7m more in cap room instead of HARVIN

Uh read your post again... 2nd line down

Tate is better then Harvin

KK84

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":2vm5v1wx said:

Way too late to backpedal now bro.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2al4drob said:
How does not trading for Harvin equate to 3 1st round picks?
lol...missed that part. Now I feel sick too. We would've had 3 first round picks!??? Damn

kobebryant

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":qudj5e0m said:

Where to start?

1. How about the 2nd line of the original post where you say that Tate is better 'than' Harvin. That is simply untrue.

2. How does not having Harvin equate to 3 first round picks?

3. You are insinuating that if the Hawks didn't have Harvin they would have been willing to match what Detroit offered Tate, which would have been an overpayment. Good teams don't suddenly start overvaluing guys and paying them more than they are worth just because they have more cap room. Tate had four years to establish his value to the Seahawks, and the Seahawks didn't value him enough to keep him.

4. You said Tate is consistent. Golden Tate is the antithesis of consistent. He disappeared in the playoffs. Harvin did more in one game 'than' Tate did in the entire playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.