Much rather have Tate then Harvin

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkStar22

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":3nmryqqx said:
The more I think about it the more sick I get .

Tate is better then Harvin . I know Harvin is more explosive and blah blah blah . The guy just can't stay healthy .
Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made .

Just imagine for a moment that we had Tate for 5/31m and Cordelle Patterson on the rookie pay scale . We would still have 7m a year in cap room to extend the likes of Sherman/Thomas/Wilson/Wright/Wagner/Okung and the list goes on .

In stead we have a player who many of you think will stay healthy. What.A.Joke. I really wish it were true but he just can't . Did Tate ever get hurt ? Did Tate break many tackles ? Did Tate basically Catch everything ? Yes.

I hated the trade a year ago and I hate it more so now . I love John Schnieder to death but I have a feeling he would agree with me . I like everything we did this offseason including not resigning Tate .. But only because we have soo much money tied up into Harvin

EastCoastHawksFan, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

gonzhawk

Reaction score
I can't believe that I would agree but on paper tate>harvin when it comes to the hawks.
He has done more for us than harvin by default.
I agree he has been invisible at times but so has harvin. A lot.
Harvin due to injury tate due low passing game numbers?
He is after all the "ram killa" Tate.
We had to pick due to harvins $, but I dont trust his health and would rather
Have Tate.
As for the radio, he is very dissappointed that they chose percy over him
After his hard work.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Duh, Tate has contributed more.
What's the line :"Past results does not predict future performance..." ?
If the FO had more faith in Tate's future performance, he'd be on the roster instead of Harvin.

Percy's 1st 3 years in Minny he played in 14, 15, and 16 games. While not exactly ironman reliability, that is not worse than a lot of NFL players. Tate, for example, played in 11, 15, and 16 games over his 1st 3 years.

Harvin's 4th year he played in the 1st 9 games, until he was out for the year with an ankle after Minny played the Hawks. This year speaks for itself.

Despite constant references to his health/reliability, I'm not sold on his record being that bad. We had bad timing with the hip- quite simply. I'm sure we can come up with a laundry list of accomplished players who have a injury rough patch somewhere in their careers. Time to get over the Harvin injury hype already.

Seaswab

Reaction score
The OP is a clown

And Seaswab is on vacation. The Management!

As well as anyone else that can't figure out it's about the topic not the poster.

HansGruber

Reaction score
This whole debate is pointless. It's a religious argument. Everyone thinks their opinion is the only truth and everyone else is a fool. It's boring.

scakfan

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":2iuedsj7 said:
Duh, Tate has contributed more.
What's the line :"Past results does not predict future performance..." ?
If the FO had more faith in Tate's future performance, he'd be on the roster instead of Harvin.

Percy's 1st 3 years in Minny he played in 14, 15, and 16 games. While not exactly ironman reliability, that is not worse than a lot of NFL players. Tate, for example, played in 11, 15, and 16 games over his 1st 3 years.

Harvin's 4th year he played in the 1st 9 games, until he was out for the year with an ankle after Minny played the Hawks. This year speaks for itself.

Despite constant references to his health/reliability, I'm not sold on his record being that bad. We had bad timing with the hip- quite simply. I'm sure we can come up with a laundry list of accomplished players who have a injury rough patch somewhere in their careers. Time to get over the Harvin injury hype already.

I concur with what you said. Harvin has been painted as injury prone but his high ankle sprain and concuss are his only real injuries. Reconstructive hip surgery and headaches (in the past) are hardly to be considered an injury.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
I too would rather have Tate than Harvin and I truly believe that the Harvin trade is either the worst move in Hawks history or the 2nd worst (behind only the Curry selection and contract).

The negative effects of the Harvin trade were hardly felt in 2013 (relatively low cap hit and we still won super bowl) but they were never meant to be felt in 2013. The downside of the trade is that in 2014 we are devoting 10% of our cap to a player that will probably be injured more often than not.

Harvin will always have a large cap number under his current deal. I really wish they had just released him and kept Tate.

I was disgusted when we traded for Harvin because i knew it would be the worst or second worst move in team history. I never wanted him on the team and I couldn't believe how much we gave up for him. It felt like someone punched me in the gut.

I love the Hawks but I would enjoy rooting for the team more if Harvin wasn't wearing a Hawks jersey on the sideline (or at all).

chris98251

Reaction score
How can you say Harvin is the second worst move, Branch, Odoms, Housh, the Transistion tag with Hutch, I can go on are all worse then this deal, he made a difference, he opened up the passing game in the Super Bowl, that I think tilts the feild so to speak.

drdiags

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":ztc1z3qf said:
Harvin will always have a large cap number under his current deal. I really wish they had just released him and kept Tate.

Cutting Harvin this year would be a $7.2M cap hit and $20M in dead money. You sure about this? He has his base salary of $11M guaranteed for this year so he probably wouldn't mind.

Player..................Cap Number........Cap Gain/Loss

Percy Harvin.........$13,400,000........($7,200,000)
Russell Okung........$11,240,000........$6,680,000
Cliff Avril................$9,250,000........$2,000,000
Zach Miller.............$7,000,000........$5,000,000
Marshawn Lynch.....$7,000,000........$4,000,000
Max Unger.............$6,100,000........$2,800,000

Kam Chancellor.......$5,825,000........($2,900,000)
Brandon Mebane.....$5,700,000........$5,300,000
Earl Thomas...........$5,473,212........$4,725,000

Michael Bennett......$4,000,000........($6,000,000)
Bruce Irvin.............$2,547,872........($69,292)
James Carpenter.....$2,431,387........$1,417,023

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
chris98251":3hkakg7f said:
How can you say Harvin is the second worst move, Branch, Odoms, Housh, the Transistion tag with Hutch, I can go on are all worse then this deal, he made a difference, he opened up the passing game in the Super Bowl, that I think tilts the feild so to speak.
I would wager reversing that...

1. Wilson
2. Harvin
3. Lynch

Notice a pattern yet?

chris98251

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3fjhqjoq said:
chris98251":3fjhqjoq said:
I would wager reversing that...

1. Wilson
2. Harvin
3. Lynch

Notice a pattern yet?

Your attracted to short Black rich men............................. :)

Kakaww

Reaction score
Not-So-Bold-Prediction: next year, we will agree that Percy Harvin is the most exciting offensive player in Seahawks history. If not for the limited number of snaps this season, I would be proclaiming it already. Disagree? Name someone.

For those concerned about injury, consider all the fine quarterbacks, receivers and running backs around the league. Most have lost time due to injury. Many have been out for a significant amount of time. Losing time to an injury doesn't make a player weak or "prone"; it makes them an NFL player.

themunn

Reaction score
I don't think Tate is better than Harvin, but I don't think Harvin is anywhere near worth the third most expensive WR contract in the league, nor more than 2x what Tate is getting paid in Detroit.

Fact of the matter is that for the price of Harvin we could have given Tate, Baldwin and one other receiver a contract. Instead we'll likely either pay Baldwin 5m a year on top of that, or watch him leave in FA next year too (for all those saying they'd rather have Baldwin over Tate because he's a better player, don't you think he will want to be paid like Tate too?)

OP
OP
E

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
many of you only root for laundry and its hysterical. It truly is.

For the people who keep pointing to the superbowl and if I saw it LOL. did we really need Harvin to win that game ??? LMAO.
yes he set the tone for the second half but come on , we didn't need him that game or any other.

I hope Harvin succeeds and leads to league in TDS/Receptions next season but we overpaid him. We will probably lose some good mid-level contract guys because of it (KJ Wright , Baldwin ).

and for those calling me an idiot , well what does that say about you ?

Subzero717

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":1ff9bjmr said:
For the people who keep pointing to the superbowl and if I saw it LOL. did we really need Harvin to win that game ???

You could say the same thing in every game Tate ever played in.

As far as Harvin being succesful lets keep it real, you want him to get hurt so you can pound your chest. Thats how folks like you roll.

I did like Tate but its a numbers thing. The guys that built a team that brought us our first Super Bowl felt something needed to be added. That being Harvin. I will roll with their judgement. I dont blame Tate for leaving. Im happy for him. I think his "laughable offer" kind of shed light on why maybe he's not here anymore? Maybe his personality and lack of humility played a part in the offer he recieved?

jewhawk

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":1c5u7z3b said:
I hope Harvin succeeds and leads to league in TDS/Receptions next season but we overpaid him. We will probably lose some good mid-level contract guys because of it (KJ Wright , Baldwin ).
No, we didn't overpay Harvin. There are 15 WRs whose current contracts had more guaranteed money than Harvin's: Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Mike Wallace, Vincent Jackson, Andre Johnson, Dwayne Bowe, AJ Green, Roddy White, Greg Jennings, Marques Colston, Julio Jones, Victor Cruz, DeSean Jackson, Eric Decker, and Steve Smith.

Last offseason when we signed Harvin, Mike Wallace and Dwayne Bowe signed deals for more guaranteed money and higher annual averages than Harvin, while Greg Jennings and Victor Cruz signed deals for more guaranteed money and only slightly lower annual averages. Harvin is better than all of those guys.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
jewhawk":3unmobn8 said:
EastCoastHawksFan":3unmobn8 said:
No, we didn't overpay Harvin. There are 15 WRs whose current contracts had more guaranteed money than Harvin's: Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Mike Wallace, Vincent Jackson, Andre Johnson, Dwayne Bowe, AJ Green, Roddy White, Greg Jennings, Marques Colston, Julio Jones, Victor Cruz, DeSean Jackson, Eric Decker, and Steve Smith.

Last offseason when we signed Harvin, Mike Wallace and Dwayne Bowe signed deals for more guaranteed money and higher annual averages than Harvin, while Greg Jennings and Victor Cruz signed deals for more guaranteed money and only slightly lower annual averages. Harvin is better than all of those guys.

You are free to have your opinion, and other people are free to have theirs.

I don't think Harvin is better than a single one of those guys. In fact right now I have harvin as the 3rd best on the hawks behind Baldwin and Kearse.

You can say anyone is awesome, but they have to prove it on the field, and when we are talking about seahawks they have to prove it while wearing a hawks jersey.

Baldwin and Kearse have shown more as Hawks. Until Percy produces on the field for us he is worse than the WRs that have helped us.

I expect Harvin to be almost as useless in 2014 as he was in 2013, but that is just my opinion.

My big question is: will Pete and John live up to their supposed reputation of being able to admit mistakes and go a different direction?

Status
Not open for further replies.