MRob on KJR @ 9:00 today (nm)

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Team didn't even try and re-negotiate with him :(

He says basically what we already knew, the jist he got from the conversation with the team about his cut was that it was about the money.

Seahawkx

Reaction score
I dont have too much knowledge about the financial part of football so it might not be a wise question, but why did we need to cut him this season?? I mean, the 2 or 3 million we saved from cutting him, did we actually need that money this year? Does this money somehow help in resigning players next year or following year?

ivotuk

Reaction score
I miss MikeRob but I understand what the team is doing. They are keeping it young and it's only a matter of time before Mrob's body starts breaking down. I think he still has 2 or 3 years left but our FO is not going to wait until it starts to happen before they make a change. Once they recognized what they had with Coleman and Ware (young, inexperienced but talented), they made the decision to move on and save some money.

We all saw it coming, I'm sure MikeRob did too.

One thing I will say though, I think our running game would be better with him here, but Coleman will improve as the season goes on and will look good by the end of the season whereas MikeRob might have started wearing down just when we needed him most. We will never know but we have to trust in those that have done this for a long time. They are not infallible, but they are damn close to it.

Laloosh

Reaction score
ivotuk":3bqxgzy8 said:
I miss MikeRob but I understand what the team is doing. They are keeping it young and it's only a matter of time before Mrob's body starts breaking down. I think he still has 2 or 3 years left but our FO is not going to wait until it starts to happen before they make a change. Once they recognized what they had with Coleman and Ware (young, inexperienced but talented), they made the decision to move on and save some money.

We all saw it coming, I'm sure MikeRob did too.

One thing I will say though, I think our running game would be better with him here, but Coleman will improve as the season goes on and will look good by the end of the season whereas MikeRob might have started wearing down just when we needed him most. We will never know but we have to trust in those that have done this for a long time. They are not infallible, but they are damn close to it.

I don't think he saw it coming. I agree about the running game being better with him though.

The fact that MRob keeps slipping and saying "we" rather than "the Seahawks" makes me smile.

danbogart

Reaction score
Totally bums me out that he had to keep correcting himself for saying "we". As far as I'm concerned he can say we as long as he wants.

ivotuk

Reaction score
danbogart":1r6f0ghv said:
Totally bums me out that he had to keep correcting himself for saying "we". As far as I'm concerned he can say we as long as he wants.

:13:

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
How could he not see this coming based on the draft? 3 running backs in the draft tells me that they were looking to do something different. I would love to have him back don't get me wrong, but I just don't see it happening. Pete and John have set a course now and how often do you see them reversing themselves? It will all depend on Lynch accepting/trusting Coleman the way he did MRob. Once that happens I think you will see improvement. If not, why not exercise the Cmike/Coleman Tandem in those situations?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":3jmxmnh8 said:
How could he not see this coming based on the draft? 3 running backs in the draft tells me that they were looking to do something different. I would love to have him back don't get me wrong, but I just don't see it happening. Pete and John have set a course now and how often do you see them reversing themselves? It will all depend on Lynch accepting/trusting Coleman the way he did MRob. Once that happens I think you will see improvement. If not, why not exercise the Cmike/Coleman Tandem in those situations?
Said it last week and I'll agree with you this week....I don't see Pete and John ever reversing themselves. As for the latter part of your post, Coleman will have to get better at his blocking for Marshawn to begin trusting him. Will he improve? Let's hope so because right now every time I watch him the best I see is a standoff. He's not blowing anyone up at this point and he has at times gotten blown up. And kearly, who watches tape much more closely than I watch the game has almost zero good to say about the kid's blocking.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
It is sad, he was a great Seahawk. However he also said he understands that every player reaches that day. I suspect he will be in the media full time soon. He is still a young man and has a bright future ahead.

nsport

Reaction score
Let's be realistic - MRob does have a great locker room presence and probably is one of the better fullbacks available. However.... if he's so amazing, why hasn't he been signed?

Laloosh

Reaction score
nsport":88a552c3 said:
Let's be realistic - MRob does have a great locker room presence and probably is one of the better fullbacks available. However.... if he's so amazing, why hasn't he been signed?

He sort of addressed this during the segment... He got hit by the last round of cuts. Not easy for a fullback to find work that late in the process.

nsport

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":3mct72ie said:
nsport":3mct72ie said:

He sort of addressed this during the segment... He got hit by the last round of cuts. Not easy for a fullback to find work that late in the process.

If I was Indianapolis - I would sign him now... pass catching fullback with blocking pedigree on a team with a funky fresh stud running back? Yes, please!

C-Dub

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2b06qduc said:
They need to bring him back. Our running game is not functioning well.
Running game is fine. Jags sold out to stop the run and it backfired because DangeRuss ripped them a new one.

m0ng0

Reaction score
I did not listen to the show but there must be some strange reason he is not getting any love from any other teams, I wonder what the deal is ?

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
C-Dub":1i2wvd1t said:
FlyingGreg":1i2wvd1t said:
They need to bring him back. Our running game is not functioning well.
Running game is fine. Jags sold out to stop the run and it backfired because DangeRuss ripped them a new one.

It's not "fine". Marshawn is not following his blocks efficiently because he hasn't built the chemistry he had with Mike Rob. It's very clear to see the disruption. It's not a knock, it's the reality of taking away a FB Lynch was extremely close with and had several years of inherent trust built up with and replacing him with a rookie trying to find his way right before the season started.

The good news is... if teams want to go ape sh*t trying to stop Beast, we have a QB that can make them pay.

But there is a lot of work to do in the running game still.

Happy

Reaction score
m0ng0":358lzphu said:
I did not listen to the show but there must be some strange reason he is not getting any love from any other teams, I wonder what the deal is ?

He's 30, a fully vested vet, playing a position that isn't considered high value.

Since the new CBA it seems like certain roster spots are going to udfa's or guys on rookie contracts. This is not how I imagine the NFLPA visualized things playing out, but it is what's happening.

12thManNorth

Reaction score
Found it super interesting that Seattle never asked him to take a paycut. Most people (myself included) automatically figured they asked him to take a paycut and he refused, so they cut him. The fact that he wishes they asked him to take a paycut makes me feel sorry for the guy. Whether or not we need him (which I think he'd be nice to have around), I think it'd be great to get him back for the rest of the year at maybe $600k-$750k or something along those lines. I'm sure after not getting signed elsewhere and saying "we" still, he'd be willing to sign back at a pretty good discount. Plus I think he could use his leadership just as much as any on-field abilities