MRob has physical with Seahawks tomorrow (confirmed by team)

Status
Not open for further replies.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1njipt77 said:
Hope he passes it. Would like very much to have him back. Would help very much in pass protect and a safety valve for RW, also as a lead blocker in 3rd and 4th and short situations.

I second that. Especially the part about short yardage, that is the one place I see a drop off with Coleman. It probably doesn't help that the line isn't all the way right, but that is even more reason to have an experienced guy like MikeRob. I bet Lynch is liking the idea too.

IcedHawk

Reaction score
Marshawn will get a hundred yards the first game Robinson plays.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Seaswab":13n2hp64 said:
Yes the seahawks should keep players just because fans like him, that would be a solid philosophy.

That's not anything like the Hawks FO. If anything, they have no concerns over what the fans want to see. They had a physical reason not to keep MikeRob when he was cut and they felt that Coleman/Ware were sufficient enough to carry out those duties. I am just hoping MR is good physically because he is a Seahawk IMHO and has been a big part of their rebuild. He has respect of the team and if he is ready to play the Hawks will be better with him.

sc85sis

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":6nz32o15 said:
Seaswab":6nz32o15 said:
Yes the seahawks should keep players just because fans like him, that would be a solid philosophy.

That's not anything like the Hawks FO. If anything, they have no concerns over what the fans want to see. They had a physical reason not to keep MikeRob when he was cut and they felt that Coleman/Ware were sufficient enough to carry out those duties. I am just hoping MR is good physically because he is a Seahawk IMHO and has been a big part of their rebuild. He has respect of the team and if he is ready to play the Hawks will be better with him.
I'm pretty sure his post was meant to be sarcastic.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":32unssxm said:
Seaswab":32unssxm said:

Should keep him because he is a PRO BOWL Fullback, on a run first and ask questions later football team. I get that the rest of the league is moving away from the fullback.... But the rest of the league scoffed at Wilson so playing the status quo game is not in our best interests. We have a different program here and while people may take the FO side of things in terms of cutting him... MikeRob does some great things in games. He can block in the backfield, he can lead block on runs, and he can sneak out and has very good hands and upfield vision to get in the end zone.

Just watch the Skins playoff game and tell me MikeRob isn't something special.

As an aside: He can also play QB (and incredibly well, see: Penn State) which opens up the trick playbook quite a bit. MikeRob isnt JUSt a fullback... Remember that.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I certainly AM excited about this ... but my enthusiasm is tempered somewhat because there are a lot of unknowns at this point. Is Michael Robinson truly healthy? Has he gained back the weight that he lost? Is he not merely in shape -- but in football shape? If all of that is so, how quickly will it take for him to get back in to the rhythm of things ... and could the offense even potentially take even a tiny step back as he gets back up to speed? IF Robinson is healthy ... IF he's gained back the weight he lost ... and IF he's in football shape (or close to it), then naturally I'm really excited. Maybe that's the reason Schneider picked up the phone and called him, as he's and his staff have been monitoring his progress and Coleman now being banged up gave them the reason they needed to bring him back in. On the other hand, this simply could be Schneider and company simply doing what they always do when a roster player goes down to injury, making calls to a prepared list of street free agents. Bringing Robinson in for a physical could simply be the Seahawks doing their normal due diligence, leaving no stone unturned. We'll certainly find out more as the day unfolds tomorrow.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":vcke16h9 said:
I certainly AM excited about this ... but my enthusiasm is tempered somewhat because there are a lot of unknowns at this point. Is Michael Robinson truly healthy? Has he gained back the weight that he lost? Is he not merely in shape -- but in football shape? If all of that is so, how quickly will it take for him to get back in to the rhythm of things ... and could the offense even potentially take even a tiny step back as he gets back up to speed? IF Robinson is healthy ... IF he's gained back the weight he lost ... and IF he's in football shape (or close to it), then naturally I'm really excited. Maybe that's the reason Schneider picked up the phone and called him, as he's and his staff have been monitoring his progress and Coleman now being banged up gave them the reason they needed to bring him back in. On the other hand, this simply could be Schneider and company simply doing what they always do when a roster player goes down to injury, making calls to a prepared list of street free agents. Bringing Robinson in for a physical could simply be the Seahawks doing their normal due diligence, leaving no stone unturned. We'll certainly find out more as the day unfolds tomorrow.

How much weight did he lose? What do you have to support your negative view of him? The armchair GM is strong in this thread. MikeRob is a proven PRO BOWL quality player... The Seahawks made a bet, which has failed on them (both Ware and Coleman FAIL at FB compared to MikeRob) and we have a section of the 12's drinking the kool-aid and asking dumb questions.

The league is going away from the FB... Our offense defies the league and its status quo, does it well, and people ask questions here that are about as absurd as a pack of crappy ESPN analysts in a coffee room on Monday morning.

SMH at you guys.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Very cool to hear. Mike is a great player and a stud at blocking. With our OLine issues he is a welcome addition even if he can't play immediately. I never felt good about cutting him but I understood it. Glad to have him back in the fold.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":17acjpwd said:
Hawkscanner":17acjpwd said:

How much weight did he lose? What do you have to support your negative view of him? The armchair GM is strong in this thread. MikeRob is a proven PRO BOWL quality player... The Seahawks made a bet, which has failed on them (both Ware and Coleman FAIL at FB compared to MikeRob) and we have a section of the 12's drinking the kool-aid and asking dumb questions.

The league is going away from the FB... Our offense defies the league and its status quo, does it well, and people ask questions here that are about as absurd as a pack of crappy ESPN analysts in a coffee room on Monday morning.

SMH at you guys.

WOW, did I say that I had a negative view of him? Not at all. Look, the MRob that we all saw from last year on the field IS a Pro Bowl level FB. The question is, "Is that the player that he is at this moment in time?" I LOVE Michael Robinson too for everything he brings both on and off the field. However, I honestly think that in this case you have to step back and try to evaluate things dispassionately, logically, and objectively. I promise you that John Schneider most certainly is. If we employed that same kind of thinking, then Lofa Tatupu would have probably been a part of this team for maybe a year or 2 more. Look, it's no secret that I wasn't a fan of MRob being cut ... and I've never been a fan of Coleman's. But I get it. Robinson wasn't healthy at the time and there weren't a whole lot of other viable options at the time. So, if he's truly the MRob from last year (or looks like he's going to be), then as Pete says I'm all in. If he's not though (or doesn't look like he's going to be in short order) then pass. That's it, that's all.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":259nqyv6 said:
T-Sizzle":259nqyv6 said:
seabowl":259nqyv6 said:
We need the blocking help especially with our backup OL and if Zach gets hurt again.

We only use a FB 30% of the time. I don't expect his impact would be on passing downs.

I'm wondering whether we might see that 30% go up this year, actually. Bevell has been using Lynch more as an outlet receiver this year, which makes me wonder whether they might want MRob in to block more instead of Lynch (who's known for whiffing his protection a fair amount anyway). More 2-back sets on passing downs as Bevell expands the offense and makes it more Saints-like? Maybe.

Not with Harvin back.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Excellent news. I hope MRob is healthy and ready to get back to work :thirishdrinkers:

Glasgow Seahawk":2g544jn5 said:
Who gets cut to make room for him? Coleman or Ware? I'm assuming neither would give picked up by other teams in waivers due to the FB position not being in high demand.
They'll either cut Coleman or, my guess, place him on Injured Reserve.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":6pe41dcf said:
CallMeADawg":6pe41dcf said:
Hawkscanner":6pe41dcf said:

SMH at you guys.

WOW, did I say that I had a negative view of him? Not at all. Look, the MRob that we all saw from last year on the field IS a Pro Bowl level FB. The question is, "Is that the player that he is at this moment in time?" I LOVE Michael Robinson too for everything he brings both on and off the field. However, I honestly think that in this case you have to step back and try to evaluate things dispassionately, logically, and objectively. I promise you that John Schneider most certainly is. If we employed that same kind of thinking, then Lofa Tatupu would have probably been a part of this team for maybe a year or 2 more. Look, it's no secret that I wasn't a fan of MRob being cut ... and I've never been a fan of Coleman's. But I get it. Robinson wasn't healthy at the time and there weren't a whole lot of other viable options at the time. So, if he's truly the MRob from last year (or looks like he's going to be), then as Pete says I'm all in. If he's not though (or doesn't look like he's going to be in short order) then pass. That's it, that's all.

You should read the post you wrote that I responded to. Read all the IF's you wrote about a PROVEN Pro-Bowl quality FB, versus the rookie trash we ran out there that failed at the job horribly. Yeah dude your view was pretty negative to anyone that can read something written in the English language. Oh wait, perhaps a multi-million dollar lifetime football player with massive accolades on his side would sit around naked in a beanbag eating cheetos every Sunday night? (<3 Bill Engvall)

Nah man, those guys live to play, work to play, are conditioned to press weights and keep themselves in prime form. Especially considering he expects to be called on. Go pound sand. MikeRob is the best Fullback in the game and we should be excited to sign someone to do the job that they attempted (and failed) to farm out from a cost perspective to lesser talent.

Think out of the Kool-Aid dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts