MRob has physical with Seahawks tomorrow (confirmed by team)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
I love having mrob almost back in the fold. He was Beast Modes EyEs. Marshawn trusted him and followed. Plus the special teams plus the RRR. Championship season just got alittle bit more special.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seahawkx":2mcmolz1 said:
I think the Medical field is at a stage that they would at least have an idea if something is career-ender or how long it will take for him to get better. I am sure the Organization knew exactly what they were dealing with after the 2nd preseason game, but they waited till just days before reg season to release him.
I would expect the Seahawks "Organization", to put the teams needs ahead of being "Good Old Boys", and too, did you ever stop to consider that, just maybe they kept him on as long as possible, in hopes that he'd pull out of the nose dive with his health issues?
AND consider the fact that he was indeed "ILL", what good would it have done M.Rob. to let him go and try to pass a physical elsewhere, when he'd undoubtedly fail?
It makes no sense to be pissed at the Seahawks for not keeping him on the roster, and I'd wager Mike himself, fully understands why they went the direction they finally decided to go.

C-Dub

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":z1w4fusn said:
C-Dub":z1w4fusn said:
Tech Worlds":z1w4fusn said:
Finally! Just resign him so we don't have to read everyone bitching about his absence anymore.
Now we've gotta find something else to bitch about. Hmmm.....

As long as Sweezy and Carp on the roster we ate good.
And Bowie....at least as long as Breno is out.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":2zqgpe1x said:
Tech Worlds":2zqgpe1x said:
Finally! Just resign him so we don't have to read everyone bitching about his absence anymore.
:13:

Umm yeah. Something weird here. Why cut the guy for nearly half the season and then bring him back in for a physical? What has suddenly changed with the offensive scheme to warrant this?

Love MRob, just got a few questions!

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":2ox5nucs said:
T-Sizzle":2ox5nucs said:
Tech Worlds":2ox5nucs said:
:13:

Umm yeah. Something weird here. Why cut the guy for nearly half the season and then bring him back in for a physical? What has suddenly changed with the offensive scheme to warrant this?

Love MRob, just got a few questions!

Coleman suffered a serious hamstring injury, and Ware hasn't practiced since Week 2.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Seahawkx":3au5klps said:
HawkFan72":3au5klps said:
They didn't know if he would even GET better. What he had could have been a career-ender. They didn't know when he would be in football shape again, if ever, so they had to let him go.

I think the Medical field is at a stage that they would at least have an idea if something is career-ender or how long it will take for him to get better. I am sure the Organization knew exactly what they were dealing with after the 2nd preseason game, but they waited till just days before reg season to release him.

That's where you're wrong. The team really didn't know and they held on to him as long as they could because they were hoping he would improve. He didn't.

They said if the opportunity presented it self for Mike Rob to come back, they would possibly bring him back. And that's what they are doing.

They never wanted to cut him, but they had to because they didn't know if he would be back in a few weeks or out the whole year.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
I hate the way it had to happen, but I would love to see MRob back.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I had no idea we had so many menopausal women on this board.... Glad he might be back (if he's healthy enough ) but C'mon man!

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":30f6gykq said:
Anyone know what illness he was afflicted by? Mononucleosis?

Apparently, a reaction of some kind to prescription medication.

bigwrm

Reaction score
Wooooo! Hope he can get a SB ring out of the deal; he deserves it as much as anyone on the team. It would feel weird winning it without him.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Can't remember the last time I rooted for a guy to make the team this hard and hope he succeeds.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Seahawkx":35krpp6i said:
HawkFan72":35krpp6i said:
Seahawkx":35krpp6i said:
The seahawks owe us.. Atleast they can bring back the guy who every 12th loves and want back. Then when its time, let him go in a nice classy way instead of releasing just before the first game when he is sick too.. They basically insulted him and gave him no chance to be with another team.

What would you prefer they do with a player who is too sick to play? Carry him on the roster to be nice?

Maybe give him a couple weeks to heal like they do to all other injured/sick players. Plus the point is, They should of released him after the 2nd preseason week because he would of had many opportunities by that time.. Very few players get signed by a new team right before or during the regular season.

Well, it's not just a question of healing: he's also got to get back into game shape once he's "better." I don't know if you've ever had a really debilitating illness but if you are sick long enough it is hard as hell just getting back to where you were. For an athlete who has to be in peak condition I can only imagine how much longer it must take.

In any case, what is the problem? Robinson obviously doesn't hold a grudge, otherwise he wouldn't be coming back to take a physical. The team went 6-1 without him and if they DO sign him again it will definitely be for a lot less than the $2+ million that would have been guaranteed if he had been on the roster at the start of the season. I'd say things might be working out very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.