MRob has physical with Seahawks tomorrow (confirmed by team)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chawx

Reaction score
I think it's safe to assume that if we bring him back, Lynch will thank the Seahawks with a 600 yard rushing game against the Rams...

dunceface

Reaction score
I really want this to happen... so I will be monitoring this situation very closely and such

Jay-Dog

Reaction score
Good deal. Nice to know the FO has a plan at least. If and I mean if, Real Rob comes back I think we will see only positive gains on and off the field. Not going to get my hopes up until he is uniform again.

BTW, Chawx your avatar is great!! Beast mode summed up in one hit.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I feel like M. Rob's gives Beast a good 1-2 extra yards per carry. Hopefully he's healthy, we get a $ that's salary cap friendly, and he's able to shake off the rust (anyone gone for this long will be a bit rusty) by the time we travel to ATL. One of the few times a team injury may actually help the team.

bryantology79

Reaction score
Jay-Dog":27cgu1bl said:
BTW, Chawx your avatar is great!! Beast mode summed up in one hit.

agreed! that avatar reminds me of the fighting scenes in pacific rim.

really hope paul allen is working on getting marshawn cloned.

Seeker

Reaction score
12th man will go nuts when he back on the field. might get me a a 26 jersey....

ALL HANDS ON DECK!!!!!!

CANHawk

Reaction score
If he's 100% healthy and able to go full speed, then this is fantastic news. With Coleman out and Ware possibly still nicked, Robinson makes total sense if he's read to go full speed. Considering his knowlege of the system and familiarity with the team, he makes more sense than bringing in somebody like Owen Marecic or Kregg Lumpkin or some other FA fullback. But... I do have serious concerns that perhaps he hasn't been, and still might not be, 100%. Considering his pro bowl resume, it's odd that he's barely got so much as a sniff as a FA. It's odd that he hasn't been scooped up by another team in need of his all-world talents as a special teams player. You're telling me that Jacksonville couldn't use a Mike Rob on their special teams unit right now? If nothing else, Gus could use Mike Rob simply to get people to buy into the system (which apparently is proving to be a BIG problem for ol Gus) ...yet he's not there. Why is that? Doesn't anyone find that kind of strange? Maybe there's the possibility that he's been turning down offers waiting for Seattle to call him back, but there's also the distinct possibility that there's something very wrong with Mike. He might be "healthy", but if he's back down to being a 220lb Mike, then that's going to be the same as when we first brought him in (remember all the calls for a "real" fullback back then? he used to get blown up). We don't need that right now.

I'm really hoping for the best on this thing, but only from the perspective of winning football games (now AND in the future). I love Mike too, He became a damn fine fullback from the undersized HB convert that used to get blown up all the time, but if he's being brought in as a feel good story over somebody who could be even 1% better (like possibly Marecic), then no thank you. Winning feels good enough as it is, we don't need to fake it this year.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
CANHawk":1d85gsqg said:
You're telling me that Jacksonville couldn't use a Mike Rob on their special teams unit right now? If nothing else, Gus could use Mike Rob simply to get people to buy into the system (which apparently is proving to be a BIG problem for ol Gus) ...yet he's not there. Why is that?

I don't think it makes sense for either party. JAX is a young, rebuilding team. They are not in win-now mode. They are trying to develop players for the future. It wouldn't make sense to devote reps to a 30 year old fullback. Trufant could have been the veteran "buy in" guy in JAX, and he was cut during the pre-season, so it's clear that's not Gus's top priority right now. For Mike Rob, this could be one of his last seasons. I can't see him wanting to waste it in JAX on a vet. minimum deal.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
DavidSeven":22tzsiid said:
CANHawk":22tzsiid said:
You're telling me that Jacksonville couldn't use a Mike Rob on their special teams unit right now? If nothing else, Gus could use Mike Rob simply to get people to buy into the system (which apparently is proving to be a BIG problem for ol Gus) ...yet he's not there. Why is that?

I don't think it makes sense for either party. JAX is a young, rebuilding team. They are not in win-now mode. They are trying to develop players for the future. It wouldn't make sense to devote reps to a 30 year old fullback. Trufant could have been the veteran "buy in" guy in JAX, and he was cut during the pre-season, so it's clear that's not Gus's top priority right now. For Mike Rob, this could be one of his last seasons. I can't see him wanting to waste it in JAX on a vet. minimum deal.

Quite possible M-Rob declined an invitation to work out for Jacksonville, as well.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3vxrsxi8 said:
DavidSeven":3vxrsxi8 said:
CANHawk":3vxrsxi8 said:

Quite possible M-Rob declined an invitation to work out for Jacksonville, as well.

Yeah he knew he was on Seattle's speed dial, so why risk being stuck on a winless team for the whole year? It's clear he is plenty busy with his off-field stuff and getting the RRR going full speed throughout the league. No reason to go get banged up for the Jags.

Dtowers

Reaction score
Love Mike Rob hope he is healthy and ready to rock. I like Coleman's potential just not his current level of play. People forget Robinson struggled when he was first used as a fulltime FB. But I am not going to cry about it if they don't sign him. Good teams find ways to adapt.

mrblitz

Reaction score
i liked the move to coleman/ware, and thought that - despite the growing pains - it would pay off big by the end of the season.

as it turns out, coleman/ware now have injuries, so bringing back mrob is a good idea. in 2012, robinson was a really effective back. maybe he can do some more of that.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Has there been any concrete information about what exactly was going on with Robinson's health?

To go from a Pro Bowl Fullback to out of the league in one year is a real head scratcher, AND not being picked up by any team after being cut? Just doesn't make sense.

Rocket

Reaction score
BlueThunder":lttjvp1y said:
I'm looking forward to new editions of the Real Rob Report!

Sadly, few care about him playing, they've just come to "know" him thru the RRR.
Sure it was cool, sure I missed it, sure I'd like him back.
BUT TO PLAY FOOTBALL, not to do interviews.

BFS, embrace the player, not the interviewer.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":mbjklekc said:
Has there been any concrete information about what exactly was going on with Robinson's health?

To go from a Pro Bowl Fullback to out of the league in one year is a real head scratcher, AND not being picked up by any team after being cut? Just doesn't make sense.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/ ... m-to-call/

Robinson said he was cut because he was making $2.5 million and also had been sick the previous two weeks with what he said was a “real bad reaction to some prescription medicine.”

Robinson said the bad reaction impact his liver and his kidneys and that “it was looking really bad for me for a while. I didn’t realize the extent until afterwards. … when you have a roster tag of $2.5 million and the uncertainty of your health, obviously some business decisions have to be made.” Robinson did not play in the team’s final two preseason games.

Dude was really sick. Just as reported.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":u0khu7j3 said:

Well, not to nit-pick, but it's been 2 years since MRob was a pro bowl fullback. He went to Hawaii in 2011.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
CANHawk":n90zxfo8 said:
Sgt. Largent":n90zxfo8 said:

Well, not to nit-pick, but it's been 2 years since MRob was a pro bowl fullback. He went to Hawaii in 2011.

Too late, you nit-picked.

Just an odd sort of ailment is what I was getting at, even odder that Robinson didn't catch on somewhere else after being cut. Which is what worries me now. I guess we'll find out more after his physical.

Status
Not open for further replies.