Mr Unpopular

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
I get that he's an unpopular player for many because he had some fumble problems and because him getting the ball represents everything everyone hates about the Carroll/Schotty game plan, however...

Chris Carson deserves some props today. He beasted for 124 on the ground an another 35 in the air, added a touchdown, importantly no fumbles, and was generally a pain in Cleveland's ass today. He's an important part of the team, and when he's going well, our offense works so much better.

Rat

Reaction score
Given that Rashaad "taken ahead of Nick Chubb" Penny and CJ "short yardage wonder" Prosise are also a part of our RB rotation, I wouldn't argue that Carson is unpopular.

chris98251

Reaction score
He is only unpopular to those that want Penny to start ahead of him. Most of us know what he is to this team.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Don’t agree he’s unpopular.

He deserved some flak with his early fumbles, but that’s hopefully in the rear view mirror.

Love his tough running.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I really dont think he is unpopular here. Just maligned for a couple weeks. If Carson goes down we are done with what we have left for options. He is as valuable as RW imo.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I guess this is based on the fumbles? Those still suck. He's been much better about them, but I wouldn't say he is unpopular.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Unpopular?

Carson=stud and we're lucky to have him. We constantly ask him to do a lot with little, imo.

NFL king of the tough-yards-carry. Until the OL starts doing there job more consistently, few RBs would be able to do what Carson does.

mcbobly

Reaction score
Granted he has had a few issues with ball handling but all in all I'd hardly call him unpopular. He's a very good player and I think with more coaching he'll learn to hold onto the ball better. He turns in good numbers frequently

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
NO. After this game I really like this guy, not that I didn't like him before. I think we can consider him a true Seahawk RB after today though.

He has his own game and is hard to compare with others.

He has a lot of back change if you know what I mean. Dude is clutch, runs hard, can cut on your mom's ass and finishes as good with the best.

Not a bad 7th rounder no?

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Carson is great but did deserve some heat for his fumbles. Penny deserves heat for his career and JS for being an idiot who picked him before Chubb which is a whole different discussion we will have later.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":1brt2dsm said:
I get that he's an unpopular player for many because he had some fumble problems and because him getting the ball represents everything everyone hates about the Carroll/Schotty game plan, however...

Chris Carson deserves some props today. He beasted for 124 on the ground an another 35 in the air, added a touchdown, importantly no fumbles, and was generally a pain in Cleveland's ass today. He's an important part of the team, and when he's going well, our offense works so much better.
I don’t think he’s unpopular at all. I think he had a couple games with fumbles and slips.
He’s a very good back when he’s not fumbling and slipping.
He has a little Marshawn in him.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":1y95pib2 said:
Carson is great but did deserve some heat for his fumbles. Penny deserves heat for his career and JS for being an idiot who picked him before Chubb which is a whole different discussion we will have later.

I don't really blame JS for being scared off by Chubbs gruesome injury history. It's great for Nick that he's seemingly put it behind him. But he was a risky pick and TBH still is a risk.

It's another one of those hindsight things and I'm sure JS trusted his medical evaluations in that setting. There was no doubt pre-injury Chubb was an elite prospect.

I don't think one has to continually compare Penny to Chubb and whine about it. Sony Michel is probably the more apt comparator to Penny.

OP
OP
KiwiHawk

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
I think he has a lot of Marshawn in him, and part of that means he's pushing the pile instead of falling down at the first sign of contact, which exposes him to having a ball punched out from time to time. I think he was grossly unfortunate starting this season in that he was caught in the just the right position by just the right person who did just the right punch-out move, and he lost the ball.

And I also thought it was grossly unfortunate how many threads there were here and elsewhere calling for him to be benched or let go. The man is as reliable as the day is long, and if he had a couple tough games, that's not a sign of anything other than he had a cluster of unfortunate incidents.

He's 5th in rushing yards for the year to date, quietly having a very nice season indeed.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
You could argue those early fumbles have really helped him focus on ball retention and he looks much more solid now. Hes a complete back currently.

chris98251

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2lmodhu0 said:
gremlin":2lmodhu0 said:
He’s a stud. Plain and simple.

Yeah, I love having Chris Carson on this team

Well we would have to release someone on the Bench to move him there, it's full at the moment…...

morgulon1

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2xknz2sn said:
I really dont think he is unpopular here. Just maligned for a couple weeks. If Carson goes down we are done with what we have left for options. He is as valuable as RW imo.

Agreed. Chris Carson is the motor that makes this team go.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":2a0pj252 said:
Oh shhhh with your drivel. With your logic, Chubb is a poor choice compared to Carson going in the 7th round.

Latest posts