Most Overrated Seahawks

Mick063

Reaction score
First I want you to ponder in your head what the term "overrated" actually means.

Shawn Springs. And it isn't even close.

13 seasons/33 interceptions = 2.5 interceptions per year
13 Seasons/592 tackles = 45 tackles per year
13 Seasons/2 touchdowns = 0.15 touchdowns per year
13 Seasons/5 forced fumbles = 0.38 forced fumbles per year
13 Seasons/138 Passes Defended (PD)= 10.6 passes defended per year

There are still folks that rave about him with "deity-like" status. He was good. In the beginning. He wasn't great. Remove his second season and his career numbers are downright hideous. I watched him play. Every weekend. He got burned. A lot.

Last edited:

rjdriver

Reaction score
Not a "big" name, but I thought Andy Heck was going to be an all world tackle coming out of ND in 89' with the 15th pick.

He was a starter, but was gone in 5 years without much notice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hawkfan68

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Here's a current player who I feel is overrated - Jason Myers. Not only is he overrated but overpaid to boot.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
This is different from the "most hated" because you can still think one is overrated but not "hate" them. I'll start with my list -

Aaron Curry
Rick Mirer
Dan McGwire
Kelly Stouffer
Koren Robinson
Kelly Jennings
Shaq Griffin
Bryan Mone
Brian Russell
Justin Britt
Chris Spencer
Brian Bosworth
I swear after Robinson flamed out, the franchise became cursed to be afraid of the quick slant. Even in games where we’d run it a little, and it’d work, that would be the last we see of it for 5 games.

The Breh

Reaction score
Here's a current player who I feel is overrated - Jason Myers. Not only is he overrated but overpaid to boot.
After last year?
He's an odd = bad, even numbered year = good.
This is an odd numbered year (2023) we'll see if he breaks that streak.
Last year he was great tho.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Maybe...but Boz wasn't a bad LB. He was actually pretty good when not injured or 1:1 with Bo.

Curry had a lot of hype and did absolutely nothing.
I agree about Boz, he simply got injured and couldn't play. LT couldn't stop Bo Jackson with a head of steam, he had the power of Jim Brown and the speed of DK. There is an over rated player, DK is great trade bait while people are still fooled. I think he is a head case, when we need a team player whose head is 100% into TEAM. Sorry, I love his story, but not his play

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Boz is duh, and makes the conversation boring.

But put this in your pipe and smoke it. They got a guy on the team right now that reminds me of him… Jamal Adams.

All those picks, all of that money, all of that hype, hardly on the field.
Yep. 9.5 sacks for a safety. Completely overrated. 🙄

morgulon1

Reaction score
ME3, for sure. Even at his peak, he was frustrating to watch. His indecisiveness and doing nothing for the first 3 quarters. Hero Ball was nice when it worked, but was often unnecessary.
Yes.

Me3 was a good to very good qb when he came into the league. He was a threat to run which made him special. He was never the guy to win you a bunch of games off his back . Frustrating to watch. 3 and outs and with the defense Seattle had , there's no way they shouldn't have won at least 2.

Last edited: