Most Overrated Seahawks

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Brooks is a good one. VERY overrated. Not sure how I didnt think of him earlier. He was only marginally better than Barton last season.
In some respects he wasn’t even as good as Barton. He was slower to diagnose the play than Barton was. Our LB core almost seemed to play better at times with him out. Really easily washed out on plays.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Maybe...but Boz wasn't a bad LB. He was actually pretty good when not injured or 1:1 with Bo.

Curry had a lot of hype and did absolutely nothing.

24 games in three years, 4 sacks, 2 fumble recoveries. Eh, not sure what Boz you were watching, but the one I watched showed maybe 2 or 3 flashes of "The Boz," and the rest of the time he stunk.

Again, when he wasn't hurt. Which wasn't often.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
24 games in three years, 4 sacks, 2 fumble recoveries. Eh, not sure what Boz you were watching, but the one I watched showed maybe 2 or 3 flashes of "The Boz," and the rest of the time he stunk.

Again, when he wasn't hurt. Which wasn't often.
175 tackles in 24 games. Like I said, pretty good. Definitely not the world beater that was expected.

Curry was supposed to be a sure thing and was completely lost on the field.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
175 tackles in 24 games. Like I said, pretty good. Definitely not the world beater that was expected.

I think the fact that Bosworth was acquired in the supplemental draft skews fans opinion with this conversation of overrated/hyped.

But if he would have been in the regular draft, he would have gone in the top 5, probably top 2-3. Maybe even #1 ahead of Testeverde.

So to compare him to Curry, which yeah HUGE bust. But the hype around Boz was 20 times that of Curry............AND he would have probably gone even higher than Curry.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
I think the fact that Bosworth was acquired in the supplemental draft skews fans opinion with this conversation of overrated/hyped.

But if he would have been in the regular draft, he would have gone in the top 5, probably top 2-3. Maybe even #1 ahead of Testeverde.

So to compare him to Curry, which yeah HUGE bust. But the hype around Boz was 20 times that of Curry............AND he would have probably gone even higher than Curry.
I get the hype about Boz and not living up to it. He will go down as a top 5 bust because of it. My point is he didn't completely wet the bed like some others and did contribute at a decent level at times. For Boz, I don't think it was his ability to play cognitively and maybe could have been an above avg player...but roids destroyed his body.

Curry was a terrible player.

Note: Lesson to kiddies...don't do roids.

Ozzy

Reaction score

I agree. He probably wasn't going to match the college version but before getting hurt he was pretty good. Side note he actually turned out to be a pretty humble and good dude post football too. I've watched a few interviews and he changed drastically.

Currently I think Brooks is wildly overrated. Every time I would complain about Seahawks drafts he was always mentioned as a recent home run but I don't and didn't see it.

NoGain

Reaction score
I take the "overrated" question to mean current and retired Seahawk players where the national and/or local consensus opinion esteems their performance and value as a player for the Hawks to be higher than I or any other individual may think.

Hmm...

--Jordan Brooks was a good call. Though his stat line suggests him to be a proficient tackler, I heard one sports columnist describe many of his tackles as "empty calorie" tackles. That kind of summed up my feelings about Brooks. Still a decent player, but I have trouble bringing to mind any instances of being "wowed" by him.

--Jamal Adams. Putting aside the games he's missed due to injury, I think people still overrate his play when he was on the field, in spite of the sack numbers he put up as a safety. The guy's got hands of stone, was caught out of position numerous times in the secondary, and wasn't nearly the consistent, hard-hitting, intimidating presence on the field that many people think he is. Jamal Adams is no Kam Chancellor. Not by a mile from what I've seen of him as a Hawk.

Those are just two recent Hawks that come to mind.

Fade

Reaction score
Boz is duh, and makes the conversation boring.

But put this in your pipe and smoke it. They got a guy on the team right now that reminds me of him… Jamal Adams.

All those picks, all of that money, all of that hype, hardly on the field.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Boz is duh, and makes the conversation boring.

But put this in your pipe and smoke it. They got a guy on the team right now that reminds me of him… Jamal Adams.

All those picks, all of that money, all of that hype, hardly on the field.
This is exactly what comes to mind for me.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Overrated is one thing. Overrated *in the draft* specifically is another.

FPD

Reaction score
John Kitna comes to mind. Granted he was a free agent signing. However, he had a ton of accolades in the World League of American Football, including the championship MVP, for what that's worth.