More from Doug Baldwin

gowazzu02

Reaction score
He was addressing the type of yahoos tat blew up michael bennetts twitter when he "tested thte market"

There are alot of idiots out there, that is who he addressed

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I agree with what he is saying. These guys play a "game" that has absolutely no loyalty for the sacrifices they make. He said the average career is 3.5 years so why does the league lock the newbs like Russell Wilson into a 4 year contract? So they can extract the maximum entertainment value they can from them before they either wash out or sign a real contract. I don't blame any of these guys for chasing the coin, especially now that they all have a ring! Make no mistake, the guys who are getting the multi-milllion dollar, multi-year deals are the exceptions. Make what you can, while you can and hopefully get out with your health! Fans may not like it, or even acknowledge it, but it is most definitely the seedy underbelly of the business of football.

OP
OP
M

MVP53

Reaction score
gowazzu02":y1gwoluu said:
He was addressing the type of yahoos tat blew up michael bennetts twitter when he "tested thte market"

There are alot of idiots out there, that is who he addressed

I understand that, but my question is why does Doug Baldwin want to, or feels he needs to do that?

I mean, how many people were there really that blasted Michael Bennet on twitter? A dozen? A couple dozen? Ok. That's a fraction of a fraction of a percent of Seahawks fans. So, why go on the news to address fan greed & selfishness?

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Honestly I wish Doug would just shut up. I know he has good points but my god every week he complains about something.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
HawkinNY":2snllm86 said:
Honestly I wish Doug would just shut up. I know he has good points but my god every week he complains about something.
I love when guys like ADB and Sherman talk. It adds more to their character, which is something that the NFL pales in comparison to athletes in other sports.

Well said ADB. Glad you're locked up for 2014, and I hope an extension is in the works.

ivotuk

Reaction score
HawkinNY":wt0mtx84 said:

Not every week. That's an old article, and imaho, Doug is just using every avenue to compete for the best contract extension he can possibly get. I would expect nothing less from him. :th2thumbs:

Seaswab

Reaction score
If we all were critical thinkers with logic, we would be as smart as doug

DavidSeven

Reaction score
There's a bunch of hate-tweets being thrown at Tate on Twitter right now. It's embarrassing.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I have ZERO issues with anything he said.
I like many hate loosing good players to FA but I fully understand the process. Unfortunately it is part today's game. And for the most part I see more loyalty to the team from players than I see to players from the team.
Bottom line (for me) is that was a good explanation, from a players perspective.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
also no issues. that said, twitter is full of toxic people. the hate on golden is weak.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":1us72t35 said:
Seaswab":1us72t35 said:
Problem I have with this is he was complaining on twitter a few days ago about the NFL being a business and all about money, then he goes on a rant saying the players should get all they can. So it seems like he wants it both ways.

FO cutting players for free up cap space and in demand FA looking for good contract are two very different things.
Yep, The front office is looking to get the players that give them the 'most bang for the buck', and the players look to get the most money to deliver the 'most bang for the buck'.

OP
OP
M

MVP53

Reaction score
DavidSeven":h4zzsufr said:
There's a bunch of hate-tweets being thrown at Tate on Twitter right now. It's embarrassing.

I see a lot more tweets from excited Lions fans & bummed out (although not insulting) Seahawk fans.

As with most things, I suppose, the few idiots get most of the focus.

RezHawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":295utnkm said:

Twitter should make an IQ test a mandatory part of the registration process and attach the score to the end of each twitter handle. That way the people getting the hate tweets could see that some of the Twitiots following them are incapable of self control.

drdiags

Reaction score
The blow-back on Tate's signing and the angst shown to Bennett was why Baldwin used his Q13 appearance to give his spiel. Aaron Levine follows him on twitter and noted the frustration Doug was showing and used it as an opportunity to offer Doug a platform. Using the airtime to put out his message saves him from trying to do it in a 120-140 character tweet. He tried to have a pre-emptive strike against the negativism. Herding cats.

OP
OP
M

MVP53

Reaction score
drdiags":191dumo4 said:
The blow-back on Tate's signing and the angst shown to Bennett was why Baldwin used his Q13 appearance to give his spiel. Aaron Levine follows him on twitter and noted the frustration Doug was showing and used it as an opportunity to offer Doug a platform. Using the airtime to put out his message saves him from trying to do it in a 120-140 character tweet. He tried to have a pre-emptive strike against the negativism. Herding cats.

Herding cats is right. I just don't see why someone like Doug Baldwin would invest his time in something like that.

Again, it's like trying to have a rational debate with a room full of 3 year olds.

And honestly, I don't even know why Golden Tate would be on twitter right now. Anyone who is important to him will contact him to congratulate him personally. Twitter is where he's sure to find idiotic, uninformed venom.

pocketprotector

Reaction score
HawkinNY":2xi9i8p0 said:

Couldn't agree more. His whiny little b*tch routine is really tiresome (WLBDB).

I just wish one of these players would show a little self awareness about the absurdity of getting paid millions to catch a football.

Doesn't he realize that it is because of the fervor of the fans that players with bottom of the barrel contracts can make in 3.5 seasons what the average American makes over the span of 70 years.

drdiags

Reaction score
I agree MVP53. I think celebs and athletes that participate with Twitter have to know that they need thick skin to deal with the folks that post crazy stuff to them. It's an easy, virtual connection for folks to interact with celebs unlike before. It also provides a shield which emboldens fans to cross the line because there usually are no consequences. They can then boast to their buds that they did "Tell it to his face" when criticizing a team player or celebrity.

Sac

Reaction score
pocketprotector":19mxttrs said:
HawkinNY":19mxttrs said:

Couldn't agree more. His whiny little b*tch routine is really tiresome (WLBDB).

I just wish one of these players would show a little self awareness about the absurdity of getting paid millions to catch a football.

Doesn't he realize that it is because of the fervor of the fans that players with bottom of the barrel contracts can make in 3.5 seasons what the average American makes over the span of 70 years.

You're ridiculous. Why don't you complain about ticket, merchandise, prices and ad revenue the NFL gets? That's the reason the players get paid what they do. The market has already dictated what their services are worth. If their pay is absurd, you supporting the sport is even more so.

The players deserve whatever the market will bear. Sometimes more.