Mingo Signed

James in PA

Reaction score
Super Bowl, Beeotches!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seymour

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1ab6j9da said:
My gut is telling me this is yet another “reach”. Hope I’m wrong!

Kindoff appears that way to me also. We'll see what they have planned I suppose. Pete sure is going after those 2013 washouts though. Joeckel, Mingo, Jordan all class of 2013 1st round picks.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Interesting addition who was seen to have real 1st round pass rush potential coming out, but he did nothing and has bounced around.

Is both fast and quick, and long as well, if he can be coached up he coud be an interesting add.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I suspect 2013 was the last class Pete had a real idea about, since then he seems to be trying to strike gold with trades.

Seymour

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2gvwzx3m said:
I suspect 2013 was the last class Pete had a real idea about, since then he seems to be trying to strike gold with trades.

My thoughts as well. We are paying him 4x what the Patriots did in 2016, and they dumped him in 1 year. Pete may be losing it. Even the Colts maxed him out at $2M per year.

12forlife

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1diqqqun said:
Overpay, and LB is deep in the draft.

No we did not overpay, and this LB class is average, there are some good ones, but not the deepest position in the draft. Even
if we do draft a LB which is going to be tough with how few draft picks we got. Plus don't think they aren't looking for KJ's replacement, to get out from under that contract as well.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
ST and situational pass rusher... all for it. Better than Willhoite and Garvin last year. Minimal risk at most with the contract. People said same for Jordan and that turned out better than anyone thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3pysg8iw said:

The picks we made aren't great evidence that Pete had a real idea about the class in 2013: Michael, Hill, Harper, Williams, Simon, Willson (Golden Pick), Ware, Seymour, Powell, Smith, Bowie.

Guess we got us a Mingo. Cool name at least.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
2013 NFL draft was horrendous but for some reason the Seahawk FO seems to love the players from that draft. Joeckel, Jordan, and Mingo are all from that draft. All of them were top 10 picks in that draft too.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Seymour":1sectna1 said:
jammerhawk":1sectna1 said:

My thoughts as well. We are paying him 4x what the Patriots did in 2016, and they dumped him in 1 year. Pete may be losing it. Even the Colts maxed him out at $2M per year.

That's what I don't get. Not sure how to feel about this signing. The problem is that we don't have many proven, elite starters left on defense so everyone is going to be a question mark and whether they hit on these guys is going to be a big deal. I don't think anyone really cared too much that we signed Dion Jordan last year because we already had Cliff, Mike B, Clark, and traded for Sheldon so we were set with those guys. Now we are relying on Jordan-like signings big time and I don't feel confident in them at all.

ducks41468

Reaction score
adeltaY":6i5ak1hj said:
Seymour":6i5ak1hj said:
jammerhawk":6i5ak1hj said:

That's what I don't get. Not sure how to feel about this signing. The problem is that we don't have many proven, elite starters left on defense so everyone is going to be a question mark and whether they hit on these guys is going to be a big deal. I don't think anyone really cared too much that we signed Dion Jordan last year because we already had Cliff, Mike B, Clark, and traded for Sheldon so we were set with those guys. Now we are relying on Jordan-like signings big time and I don't feel confident in them at all.

Not to mention Jordan was signed for 646K with no guarantees, and Mingo is getting a comparative fortune. I'd be fine if we did rely on Jordan-like signings because they'd at least be cheap

Rat

Reaction score
2013 Draft

#2 Luke Joeckel
#3 Dion Jordan
#6 Barkevious Mingo
#14 Sheldon Richardson