Mike Tomlin just accused the Patriots of messing with comms

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'm sorry but, headsets didn't cause the Steelers to leave Gronk wide open all night. They didn't cause Josh Scobee to miss two field goals. They didn't cause Darrius Heyward-Bey to lose track of where he was on the field when he was wide open in the end zone. They didn't cause the Steelers to barely breathe on Brady all night. They didn't cause the Steelers to dial up a WR double pass on the first drive of the game when the Patriots couldn't stop anything.

Maybe the Pats are to blame for some weird things going on with the headset, but the Steelers shot themselves in the foot much more often than anything else last night.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1xghg7in said:
I'm sorry but, headsets didn't cause the Steelers to leave Gronk wide open all night. They didn't cause Josh Scobee to miss two field goals. They didn't cause Darrius Heyward-Bey to lose track of where he was on the field when he was wide open in the end zone. They didn't cause the Steelers to barely breathe on Brady all night. They didn't cause the Steelers to dial up a WR double pass on the first drive of the game when the Patriots couldn't stop anything.

Maybe the Pats are to blame for some weird things going on with the headset, but the Steelers shot themselves in the foot much more often than anything else last night.

While I agree with the sentiment, I think it has more to do with the big brass balls of a team that's just been (re)exposed as frauds and cheaters to continue their fraudulent ways in full view of an entire nation. It either speaks to the stupidity of the organization or the fact (and this is what I find more likely) that they believe they are completely protected in everything they do. Kraft owns Goodell's soul, and Goodell either needs to punch back or get gone so that someone else can put an end to this miserable episode in NFL history.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3i6rbih5 said:
Hasselbeck":3i6rbih5 said:

While I agree with the sentiment, I think it has more to do with the big brass balls of a team that's just been (re)exposed as frauds and cheaters to continue their fraudulent ways in full view of an entire nation. It either speaks to the stupidity of the organization or the fact (and this is what I find more likely) that they believe they are completely protected in everything they do. Kraft owns Goodell's soul, and Goodell either needs to punch back or get gone so that someone else can put an end to this miserable episode in NFL history.

This has all been done under Goodell's watch. He has to go.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I don't think the fact that Gronk is unstoppable and that the Steelers defense and special teams suck should mean that legitimate issues with communications should be ignored. The Steelers own incompetence really has nothing to do with the problems teams consistently have with playing at Gillette.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
nanomoz":4e3gfhps said:
SeatownJay":4e3gfhps said:
http://deadspin.com/what-exactly-happened-with-the-steelers-headsets-1730005682?hipra_discussion_redesign=off&utm_expid=66866090-52.r5txldOmRkqnbJxnyozIeA.1&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fdeadspin.com%2F%3Fhipra_discussion_redesign%3Doff

This article seems to dispute the claims by the NFL and the Patriots that it was a simple "grounding issue" or that the headset communications are controlled by the NFL.

This bears repeating. Read the Deadspin article if you have a few minutes. Compare and contrast what the NFL says, what the Pats say, what Tomlin says, and what Deadspin calls bull%hit on.

Yes, I especially like the part where as soon as the NFL official started walking over to the Patriot's sideline to turn off their mics, the Steeler's mics would magically start working again.

It's laughable at this point. The Patriot's are a run amok organization with NO shame. The literally give no shits.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Adam Schefter now reporting that the Steelers will not file a formal complaint, i.e. the league put the arm on the Steelers ownership and said, "You really don't want to go there, Kraft is part of the club".
Pussies. I hate it when I have to get pissed off at my team.
We play the 49'ers next week, ya'll want to root for us again or is once a season enough? :49ersmall:

Rex

Reaction score
T-Hawk":2t42w2av said:
Wow, we aren't even hearing original excuses anymore!

Deflated Footballs: "We didn't cheat, the NFL handles the footballs. It was the weather.

Tampered radio: "We didn't cheat, the NFL handles the radio equipment. It was the weather.

Yeah ok. :177692:

:lol:

Rex

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1y4q71uh said:

That is ridiculous. The Steelers efficiency suffered which can easily be the difference in a 7 point game.

T-Hawk

Reaction score
Ron Burgundy":1zgvqxnm said:
Adam Schefter now reporting that the Steelers will not file a formal complaint, i.e. the league put the arm on the Steelers ownership and said, "You really don't want to go there, Kraft is part of the club".
We play the 49'ers next week, ya'll want to root for us again or is once a season enough? :49ersmall:

You have a dirty whorish mouth.

chris98251

Reaction score
Now Now, don't get all personnal, the worlds oldest profession has it's standards and we don't want to look biased in slandering them in association with another teams fan base.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Rex":26mcy0jt said:
Hasselbeck":26mcy0jt said:

That is ridiculous. The Steelers efficiency suffered which can easily be the difference in a 7 point game.

A touchdown was scored with 2 seconds left... it wasn't that close.

And by all accounts this only lasted during the 1st quarter didn't it? Unless I missed where this happened all game.

I think people are overreacting because it's the Patriots, when headset issues happen at every stadium in the league.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":on4yaioj said:
Rex":on4yaioj said:
Hasselbeck":on4yaioj said:

A touchdown was scored with 2 seconds left... it wasn't that close.

And by all accounts this only lasted during the 1st quarter didn't it? Unless I missed where this happened all game.

I think people are overreacting because it's the Patriots, when headset issues happen at every stadium in the league.

Agreed every stadium in the league from time to time can have technical issues, the problem here is that it happen's week in and week out at this stadium, and for some reason just on the opposition sidelines, as stated in another story when the Patriots are asked to remove their communications or just before the problem stops, only to re occur when the officials from the NFL leave again.

Taking advantage of a techical issue that can be contrived easily if you know how to short a couple wires together and remove it when your looked at is so Patriots.

Threedee

Reaction score
I think that eventually the other 31 teams will respond by becoming inhospitable to the Patriots. Providing them always with lukewarm beverages, crappy service, inept locker room maintenance, and much of what the Patriots do to visitors at Foxborough. Imagine if they have to deal with their own medicine eight times a season for the next 15 years?

chris98251

Reaction score
Threedee":3vk0yztj said:
I think that eventually the other 31 teams will respond by becoming inhospitable to the Patriots. Providing them always with lukewarm beverages, crappy service, inept locker room maintenance, and much of what the Patriots do to visitors at Foxborough. Imagine if they have to deal with their own medicine eight times a season for the next 15 years?

I think no towels and toilet paper hot water at luke warm setting for showers or tepid, urinals that spray those in front of them when flushed etc would be good.

Oh and the intercom and phone system out of order or buzzie with noise so it's hard to hear and talk over.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Ron Burgundy":3gaaeu19 said:
Can I root for a tie again????

kearly

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":232k6a8s said:
Can I root for a tie again????

I'd rather have the 49ers win. An 0-2 start for the Steelers is too good to pass up, and the 49ers are basically just playing for a draft pick at this point anyway.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I see your point but I can never root for the Niners unless it has direct playoff ramifications in said game.
Plus it helps keep the niner troll population down, as they tend to get "brave" after wins.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2ebbc5w0 said:
I see your point but I can never root for the Niners unless it has direct playoff ramifications in said game.
Plus it helps keep the niner troll population down, as they tend to get "brave" after wins.

I think I see what you did there. I agree with Kearly in a way....like seeing Pitesburgh 0-2 but their not battling for a draft pick too..... I dont think that is. :mrgreen:

OP
OP
I

irocdave

Reaction score
What happened last night in a meaningless game to Hawk fans was the Pats giving the finger to the NFL and the rules the other 31 teams abide by. Think about the arrogance of this. No other team would dedicate the resources needed to pull this type of unprofessional crap AND have an owner in the position that franchise has to shield the people responsible for perpetrating these cheating maneuvers. None of the stuff the Pats are accused of / proven guilty of are something that would make the casual fan question the entegrity of the NFL, but you take it as whole, yes, that franchise is out of control and just begging to be put down.

If this happened in baseball Kraft would have his team taken away and he and Bilicheat would be banned for life. Tom Brady would also have to pay a pound of flesh.

Most of the crap the Bilicheat era Pats have pulled will come out eventually, it always does. The only way something gets done about know is if Goodell gets the boot next year and Kraft isn't on the board to choose another commish. I hate the guy, but Jerry Jones is the one guy I can see leading the charge for this. It wont be Paul Allen.