Mike Evans would you?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'd love to have Evans but I think our draft picks are going to hold even more importance these next few years when we have to start replenishing the roster for the guys we won't be able to afford. I'm completely in favor of drafting a WR this year, just not trading up giving up a boat load to do so.. especially for Evans who IMO could crack the Top 10 of the draft when it's all said and done.

If by some miracle he starts slipping, and a trade that WOULDNT break their backs compensation wise came about .. then sure I can see that.. I just dont see such a scenario happening.

Kakaww

Reaction score
Perhaps I just have a massive man crush on Evans, but I don't see another player in the draft that could impact the Hawks as much as Evans. The guy is exactly what this offense needs to be more self sufficient and less reliant on the defense. Obviously A full season of Harvin makes us better, but Evans out there as well? Fuggetaboutit! That kid is going to be a star in this league.

So, clearly I'm in the "go get 'em" camp, but I'm not sure who is going to let go of their top 10-12 pick with all the talent up there. The carrot would have to be substantial, so I doubt it happens.

randomation

Reaction score
Kakaww":xv9po1sv said:
Perhaps I just have a massive man crush on Evans, but I don't see another player in the draft that could impact the Hawks as much as Evans. The guy is exactly what this offense needs to be more self sufficient and less reliant on the defense. Obviously A full season of Harvin makes us better, but Evans out there as well? Fuggetaboutit! That kid is going to be a star in this league.

So, clearly I'm in the "go get 'em" camp, but I'm not sure who is going to let go of their top 10-12 pick with all the talent up there. The carrot would have to be substantial, so I doubt it happens.

Would have to agree would love it to happen but don't think its going to.

kearly

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":10xn4j5u said:
Scottemojo":10xn4j5u said:
That is a good problem to have, right?
Definitely. But I was pointing that out because kearly said he would rather have Evans over Gordon (all things considering) because we would have Evans for 5 years at a relatively low cost.

You still get 5 cheap years no matter what. You can accelerate the money from his extension into the last two years but it's not like those last two years stop being a bargain. If years 4 and 5 go up in price, it only means years 6,7,8 will go down in price.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":f03cv6ht said:
Well, Gordon would be asking for a new deal after this year, so there is that. With the tag option, though, we would control Evans for 5 years.

That fifth contract year that 1st round picks get is a pretty significant part of the equation, IMO. Even if they let him walk without franchising or extending, it's still five low cost years.

kearly

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":xr209t8c said:
I'd love to have Evans but I think our draft picks are going to hold even more importance these next few years when we have to start replenishing the roster for the guys we won't be able to afford. I'm completely in favor of drafting a WR this year, just not trading up giving up a boat load to do so.. especially for Evans who IMO could crack the Top 10 of the draft when it's all said and done.

Would you trade Bruce Irvin, Christine Michael, and James Carpenter for Mike Evans? Those are our two most recent 1st rounders, and our most recent 2nd rounder. Obviously, we wouldn't trade those players, but I do think that group gives a fairly decent idea of what you'd be giving up. If we traded away the #32, #64, and a future 1st.

Personally, I'm fine with it. Seattle can kill a draft just fine while missing a handful of early picks. Their draft production in the 14-74 draft pick range has been middling anyway.

randomation

Reaction score
kearly":zdnh1kmn said:
Hasselbeck":zdnh1kmn said:

Would you trade Bruce Irvin, Christine Michael, and James Carpenter for Mike Evans? Those are our two most recent 1st rounders, and our most recent 2nd rounder. Obviously, we wouldn't trade those players, but I do think that group gives a fairly decent idea of what you'd be giving up. If we traded away the #32, #64, and a future 1st.

Personally, I'm fine with it. Seattle can kill a draft just fine while missing a handful of early picks. Their draft production in the 14-74 draft pick range has been middling anyway.

If that is all it would take to move up I would be all for it but I think it could be 3 1sts honestly.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I don't think he is Julio Jones caliber. But he looks liek he could be in the elite tier of WR's if put in the right situation. Besides his mesuarables I think that fact that he played with a QB who got out of the pocket and made big plays on the fly makes me think he'd be a great fit. I don't think he would slip past 13 and to get up that high, we'd have to give our 1st, 2nd and next years first. might even take more than that. Considering we could probably get Kelvin Benjamin in the mid 20's that would only take our 2nd or next years 1st.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Watching Evans' highlights, he sure padded manziels stats. Jump ball after jump ball, often on some real ugly throws.

I know they were mutually beneficial to each other but geez. Manziel and Evans won't get away with that too often in the NFL.

randomation

Reaction score
Wenhawk":ivxf71x9 said:
I don't think he is Julio Jones caliber. But he looks liek he could be in the elite tier of WR's if put in the right situation. Besides his mesuarables I think that fact that he played with a QB who got out of the pocket and made big plays on the fly makes me think he'd be a great fit. I don't think he would slip past 13 and to get up that high, we'd have to give our 1st, 2nd and next years first. might even take more than that. Considering we could probably get Kelvin Benjamin in the mid 20's that would only take our 2nd or next years 1st.

Not impressed with KB at all honestly he has major drop issues sure he made the game winning catch in the bcs but he also made a bunch of drops before that. Evans doesn't seem to have that issue at all.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I was trying to find someone to compare KB to. Does anyone else think Mike Williams is pretty fair? Similar size and stature, both catch well with hands and highpoint the ball well.

randomation

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2k69bpbj said:
I was trying to find someone to compare KB to. Does anyone else think Mike Williams is pretty fair? Similar size and stature, both catch well with hands and highpoint the ball well.

He had a drop rate of just under 10% that is not the mark of someone who catches well rofl.

[youtube]3llpin2PFv4[/youtube]

I can find a highlight video of some amazing drops for cripes sake.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I was meaning he catches with his hands vs body. Many WRs can't snatch it out of the air with their hands and use their body to cradle it . From what I have seen multiple time KB using his size and hops to get up and grab it. Evans is very good at that as well but difference between moving into the top 10 vs mid 20 ' s is huge. On a team that doesn't rely on the pass do much we really on need the threat of a bug jump ball Wr to open the field. Neither Evans or KB would get over 50 catches on this team but is 4 or 5 extra drops worth an extra 1st round pick?

randomation

Reaction score
Here is the thing how many more seasons does lynch have honestly its quite possible the hawks could be transitioning to not necessarily an air raid O but one more emphasizing the talents of Russell Wilson. Also I think an extra first round pick is worth it to have the Red Zone massive target that you know is going to catch it on the last play of the game vs the one who might drop it. Remember how many TDs were dropped on the last drive against the cards it was like 7 or something absurd in Russ's rookie year. How nice would it be to have that giant target with great hands.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
kearly":1q999wyi said:
You still get 5 cheap years no matter what. You can accelerate the money from his extension into the last two years but it's not like those last two years stop being a bargain. If years 4 and 5 go up in price, it only means years 6,7,8 will go down in price.

:229031_confused2: I wish I understood this stuff more

randomation

Reaction score
I really want this to happen now I just keep imagining a 3 receiver set of Evans 1 DB 2 Percy slot; who the hell do you cover because whoever you double the other 2 are going to burn you.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Latest Daniel Jerimiah mock has Evans going 9th overall.

I think his combine just solidified Evans going Top 10.. I'm just worried the 49ers wouldn't be interested in trading up for him since they have a boat load of picks.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
randomation":2ievctjz said:
Wenhawk":2ievctjz said:

He had a drop rate of just under 10% that is not the mark of someone who catches well rofl.

[youtube]3llpin2PFv4[/youtube]

I can find a highlight video of some amazing drops for cripes sake.

Wes Wellkers drop rate was 9% this year.

Throwdown

Reaction score
With how little we throw the ball, you gotta catch the ball. A lot of those look like straight up trying to get up field before he has the ball, that can be coached up. I just don't see how he's a better prospect than Matthews, Coleman, or even ASJ when it comes to pass catchers

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
K____ _______n
K____ _______n

Hint: 1 is a prospect. The other is a former Seahawk.

They have similarities.