Michael Robinson Says 49ers Will Sweep The Hawks In 2018

brimsalabim

Reaction score
All depends on just how much fixing Solari can do with our OL. That Denver pass rush will be ferocious and if we lose Russell Wilson... well who’s our back up ... and our back up’s back up? I don’t see any wins without Russell Wilson back there.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If we lose Wilson our season is over, period. But that goes for every other team with a franchise QB. I am hoping Solari turns the OL into an average line which I think he will. And if he does that? I like our chances. 10-6 feels right to me.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly, you could say that about most teams with a top tier QB. Look at the Packers w/out Rodgers. Same thing would happen here.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2gnajnny said:
Exactly, you could say that about most teams with a top tier QB. Look at the Packers w/out Rodgers. Same thing would happen here.

Except the difference is that the Hawks didn’t used to be like that, but are much more like that now.

2012 Seahawks == 2017 Eagles, whereas the 2018 Hawks seem like they might == the 2017 Packers or Patriots (for which QB health ultimately dictated their seasons)

adeltaY

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2xudnbp5 said:
SoulfishHawk":2xudnbp5 said:

Except the difference is that the Hawks didn’t used to be like that, but are much more like that now.

2012 Seahawks == 2017 Eagles, whereas the 2018 Hawks seem like they might == the 2017 Packers or Patriots (for which QB health ultimately dictated their seasons)

I think the 2012 Hawks were definitely closer to the 2017 Eagles than they were to the 2017 Hawks, but I really don't think we'd have had the success we did in 2012 with a Nick Foles type QB. I don't think Flynn or TJack were even as good as Foles is tbh. I think we underestimate the impact of young Wilson on those teams. If anything, he did a great job avoiding turnovers and making clutch plays, which I doubt our backups or a regular game manager would have done.

raisethe3

Reaction score
Aros":a7uzexuz said:
If we lose Wilson our season is over, period. But that goes for every other team with a franchise QB. I am hoping Solari turns the OL into an average line which I think he will. And if he does that? I like our chances. 10-6 feels right to me.

We'll also need a running game as well. If Penny can be the guy we expect, then I believe the offense will be light years better than last year. No more Wilson 500+ yard rushing. Offense won't be as predictable (at least I hope).

For the defense, I expect top 15, if not top 10 at best. The young guys will step it up.