Michael Robinson Says 49ers Will Sweep The Hawks In 2018

adeltaY

Reaction score
I'm not mad at anyone predicting us to miss the playoffs, I just don't think we'll get swept by any team tbh, except maybe the Rams. Even garbage teams have a fighting chance against good division rivals.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
I'm just going to echo what most are saying. The team gutted its core players leaving it with a bunch of untested, inexperienced and cast offs players.

I didn't see the Total Access segment so did he mention sources? The Ian Rapaports, the Adam Schefters always start their segment with a source. It would have been cool if he said, I spoke with several players after OTAs and...

If not, he's just going with the standard, 30000 ft look and sticking with the what most are saying.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
People tend to fall in love with potential and lose sight of actual performance. Last year, the 49ers were a 6-10 team. Until they actually put together a winning campaign, they are a below average team with "potential".

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
TwistedHusky said:
The umbrage about this confuses me. There was another thread about people not picking the Hawks as a threat to the SB.

Think about this from the perspective of a person that is not a fan, just an objective observer that is seeing an NFL they have no connection with.

A team where the following was true last year:

No run game

One of the worst offensive lines in NFL

A QB that rarely scores more than a single TD in the first half of each game.

An offense so bad even a good % the team's own fans did not watch the first halves of games.

Now add:

The dismantling of the defense that was the team's strength, primarily of the DL and secondary.

A loss of 2 of the top 3 key TD receiving threats

A key division foe that normally this team struggles with, suddenly getting better at the very things that were the weaknesses of this foe (ie the secondary)

A key out of division obstacle (Green Bay) suddenly getting better and only being as bad last year because their starting QB was hurt.

Who in their right mind picks the above team to be much of a threat period? Much less a SB? /quote]

Incomplete picture. That team last year went 9-7 and was largely undone by a bad kicker situation. This year they've lost some pieces, but they've also gained most likely a functional running game and some improvement on the OL. Marginal improvement, at least.

So I would think this year's Hawks would get the benefit of a doubt. Earl Thomas is the wild card.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I don't think it is an issue with the 49ers being 'better' than us. Just when we play them.

That stretch of other teams is going to determine it for the Hawks.

If the Hawks run through that stretch with only one or two losses? At a minimum, they become a Dark Horse SB favorite because they would have taken bites out of some of the other contenders along the way. (Rams, Packers, Vikings)

But it is just as conceivable that if they lose that first 49ers game after being beaten down during that stretch - the 2nd 49ers game in SF (or wherever they play now) might be a bit of a snowball effect.

We don't know because we have no idea what the offense or defense is even going to look like. Top 10 or Bottom 10 or something else.

What we do know is that we have issues with the Chargers and they are getting picked as a Dark Horse SB option now. They are good. We know the Rams are challenging to us even when they suck and they got better at the very things we used to take advantage of to keep the games close. The Packers are better. Maybe the Vikings are a ? but I think they are a playoff team. And that Panthers game is one of those dreaded 10 am EC games we tend to slip occasionally at.

It isn't likely that we lose both games to the 49ers but it certainly is not improbable given the above. I can see where someone looking at the schedule and where those games fall could see where it could create a domino effect.

But again, the pundits have the same problem we have. Will we have a dynamic offense? No idea. A shutdown defense? Nobody knows.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Aros":2m9hm5s4 said:
QuickLightning":2m9hm5s4 said:
Seahawks are rebuilding. Shouldn't be a surprise people think they will lose a lot.

I would expect better from someone who played in the NFL and knows this team. Split the series? Sure. Flat out get swept? Come on Mike Rob! Why the haterade?
Cause all his former teammates are almost gone? Just a guess.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1hytmv77 said:
This is likely Robinson's attempt at being perceived as "neutral."

Mike Rob's never tried to be anything but genuine, I don't think he's "attempting" to do anything.

It's his opinion, and it's not like he's alone in thinking the Hawks are in for a tough year in their division. The Niners are a good young team that have loaded their roster with great young players through the draft and trades.

So not much to argue with. Personally I think we split, but I could definitely see us struggling in 2018 as well, and that means maybe getting swept by the Niners if their young talent pops.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I take back everything I said about ya Mike... :lol:

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 1,141

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2j0qsch7 said:
hawknation2018":2j0qsch7 said:

Mike Rob's never tried to be anything but genuine, I don't think he's "attempting" to do anything.

It's his opinion, and it's not like he's alone in thinking the Hawks are in for a tough year in their division. The Niners are a good young team that have loaded their roster with great young players through the draft and trades.

So not much to argue with. Personally I think we split, but I could definitely see us struggling in 2018 as well, and that means maybe getting swept by the Niners if their young talent pops.

Every sports reporter has an obligation to attempt to be objective.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
hawknation2018":2m81iqdp said:
Aros":2m81iqdp said:
I take back everything I said about ya Mike... :lol:

So 1-1 vs. the Whiners?

Mike predicted the first half of the season and David Carr the second half. Mike had us at 5-3 for the first half. Carr had us splitting with the 49ers.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":21ks0voz said:
I wouldnt be surprised this year.
Yeah, the 9rs have grown leaps & bounds over last season, while the Seahawks have regressed??......NOT!!!
Hope you're no SERIOUSLY buying this crap Pitt. :177692:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":32iynfsd said:
hawknation2018":32iynfsd said:

And what if the Seahawks "Young Talent Pops"??
It's beginning to look like some folks around here actually believe that Pete & Co. have only made lateral, or downward moves this off-season, while everyone else in the NFC & NFL have loaded for bear.....I for one ain't ready to concede a single game....."On Any Given Sunday" :rumble:

Reaction score
scutterhawk":16n5lsf3 said:
pittpnthrs":16n5lsf3 said:
Yeah, the 9rs have grown leaps & bounds over last season, while the Seahawks have regressed??......NOT!!!
Hope you're no SERIOUSLY buying this crap Pitt. :177692:

Not counting the draft, 49ers got better on paper over last year. Upgraded at RB, Center, and CB with the Sherman signing. I don't know anyone of value they really lost outside of Hyde, who isn't a fit for Shanahan's offense.

Seahawks lost a ton of their starters and key role players on both sides of the ball.

Counting the draft. 49ers have a couple guys immediately taking snaps (Fred Warner and that RT both appear to be trending towards starters day 1) with their 1s. Which is easier for them since they had less talent overall before free agency, but still...

Seahawks 1st round RB isn't even getting snaps with their 1s. That's a bad sign for a 1st round RB, which is the easiest position to translate from college to the NFL.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
scutterhawk":15bj34at said:
pittpnthrs":15bj34at said:

Once again, we lost a lot of talent and replaced it with less. Team seems to be dedicated in trying to run the ball this year, but we have unproven RB's and our Oline sucks. Its still a mystery as to how the D is going to produce some type of pass rush. The secondary,,,,,? Theres the kicker who didn't even play last season and couldn't kick long FG's the season before. Glad we got rid of the previous coordinators, but the ones who replaced them aren't exactly known to be world beaters.

Yeah, I could easily see the Niners sweeping us this season. Probably wont, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they do.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Thing is, it's difficult for the Niners not to get better and it was always going to be difficult for us to maintain our level of greatness.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
QuickLightning":1jjan2kv said:
Seahawks are rebuilding.

True, but even as a 9ers fan I find it perplexing that people are acting like the 9ers aren’t rebuilding too. Every year there’s a team that people think will turn the corner and then doesn’t. Last year it was the Bucs and the year before t was the Titans. The 9ers are that team next year. They’re just not there yet. I think they’ll be lucky to go .500

I think they’ll either lose both to the Hawks or split with them, but I don’t see them winning both. The Hawks aren’t nearly bad enough yet and the 9ers aren’t nearly good enough yet to make that prediction as anything but a fluke. If the Hawks are dumb enough to trade ET3 we can maybe start talking about that, but right now, no way.