Michael Bennett on NFL AM Friday morning

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Yeah, Our D-line is getting a ton of pressure. There is constantly a lineman in the QB's face. Avril led all DEs in QB pressures before the games this weekend.

I'm not sure what you were talking about. Not getting a lot of sacks does not equal not getting pressure.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
1. Manning gets rid of the ball as quickly as any QB in NFL history
2. There was pressure on the Broncos' final drive, which Manning evaded
2a. Due in some small part to his O-line holding/facemasking
3. The Broncos exploited our injury-weakened secondary
3a. Which was playing Prevent unlike earlier in the game
4. The Broncos are a good team
5. The Broncos were desperate at that point in the game and had nothing to lose by airing it out
6. There were three significant offseason losses on the D-Line that have led to a loss of rotation that effects us late in games. It is the burden all Super Bowl Champions bear come contract time. Effort has nothing to do with it.

That about does it.

kidhawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3gbtyvcu said:
How am I wrong? It's how Manning moved the ball on us at the end of the Denver game and how Rivers wore us out. Our DB's are best in the league but even they can only cover for so long. Our backers too. Manning finally found the hole in our coverage but he had to have time for it to open up. Last season in the super owl we didn't give him that kind of time.

First of all, really good quarterbacks know to throw the ball when pressure is on them. If you go back and watch Manning and Rivers, there were many throws made quickly when pressure was on them. Great quarterbacks can still make plays even when hurried and pressured.

Specifically on that last drive in Denver, go back and watch again, We weren't even rushing 4 on all those plays. When Manning had the most time, we were dropping that 4th guy back and only rushing 3 guys.

Want to blame anyone for the lack of rush on the last drive vs Denver, blame the scheme.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":301df4wd said:
I understand you Chris. Thanks for explaining. I didn't realize I was "weaseling" out of any comments? We lost some effective players so that Bennett could get his big pay raise. He should be held to a standard commiserate to what he is compensated. If you guys tell me that he is getting it done at that level then I believe you and stand corrected.

I think you meant commensurate.