McQuistan Carpenter JeanPierre Sweezy Bowie

thebanjodude

Reaction score
oasis":1qt6ucwe said:
We drafted Bailey for a reason.

I am really pissed that we're not starting him at LT instead of McQuistan.

End Rant.

Bailey wasn't drafted, he was signed after the draft

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I just wish there was a backup that would allow McQuistan to move back inside to the Guard spot. The others are serviceable, but I just think that McQ is going to get picked on again at that tackle spot.

mikeak

Reaction score
Who says this is the starting lineup?

I get the injuries will put people out but has anyone actually announced these as starters? I wouldn't be surprised to see Bailey

JKent82

Reaction score
I hope Bailey plays in place of McQuistan for at least part of the game. I don't know if it'd be much better but I want Bailey to be good so I'd rather have him play and learn. More upside to it.

One thought I just had is that possibly the reason Mcquistan took the place of Carp when Bailey was in was not because McQuistan would start over Carp at guard but instead put a knowledge vet next to Bailey to help him out. I'm still of the feeling Carpenter is playing decent right now.

They've taken it slow with Bailey and I feel like they've been kind of setting him up to take over for McQuistan at LT. Make him work for the right to come in and then when he plays have a better idea what he is doing out there.

On that note I hope to god Okung, Unger, and Giacomini come back next week. But with bye week after that and us playing Minnesota I wouldn't mind them playing about half the snaps to ease them into it as long as we can get a nice big lead.

sedrohawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":14xbtung said:
God damn I hope this only lasts 1 series before Carpenter's lard ass is on the bench, and Bailey is playing LT with with McQuistan at LG.

be careful what you wish for.

Seahawkx

Reaction score
Is Pete afraid of getting punched by Cable or something?? This is so uncharacteristic of Pete to let a horribly suffering vet (McQuinston) playing while a promising young player is on the bench (A.Baily)..

I just dont get it.. I could probably do a better job in playing LT than McQuinston.

kmedic

Reaction score
For some reason I'm not as worried about the O-line as I am with our front 7 on D for this game. Atlanta does not have a great D-line. If they're gonna bring pressure it will have to be a la blitzes, which RW has handled very well. Roddy, TG, Douglas, and Rodgers- those are the guys I'm worried about.

hawk45

Reaction score
sedrohawk":3erx6v7y said:
Missing_Clink":3erx6v7y said:
God damn I hope this only lasts 1 series before Carpenter's lard ass is on the bench, and Bailey is playing LT with with McQuistan at LG.

be careful what you wish for.

I am all for McQ at guard and Bailey at tackle. I mean rotate Carp if you want to keep him fresh, but can the LT play be any worse than what we've seen with McQ?

Hawks46

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3qyypozw said:
They're 1-1 with that line and could have easily beat the Colts. The Falcons D is probably the weakest we've faced all season.. not overly concerned right now.

Yea, this is why I'm not too worried about it. Atlanta has a decided lack of pass rush and lack of talent on the edge of the line.

I'm more worried about our defense crapping the bed in the run game. If our D can shut down their run to the tune of their season average (60ish ypg) and we shut down their passing attack, I'm not worried about what our offense looks like.

I seriously want to see Atlanta shut out. I want to see Russ get away with a clean game and very few hits. And us to get out of town with no new injuries.

I could care less how badly we beat them if the above happens.

nanomoz

Reaction score
RezHawk":2548plrc said:
PC - It's 2,146 miles to Atlanta, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

JS - Hit it.

awesome.

C-Dub

Reaction score
I have two requests...

1. Feed the Beast and run the ball 60-70% of the time. This means on the 1 yard line....DUH!

2. Keep Mike Rob and Beast on the field on almost all pass plays to block pass rushers when the O-line fails (which will happen a lot). Need to keep Russell Wilson alive.

plyka

Reaction score
chris98251":1xipy71w said:
How many concussions has Unger had now? Just wondering how problematic this could be going forward as far as frequency, I thought he has had a couple before.

I don't think they are severe. There are different levels and my bet is everyone in the nfl gets at least a very minor concussion every other week. Even highschool players, if you've played football and you get a headache after some hits then you probably have a minor concussion. The worse they are obviously the more serious it is but ive heard of theories surrounding long term problems around getting thousands of extremely minor concussions.

If unger had a chance to come back this week then it must be a minor concussion and they may be being cautious.

plyka

Reaction score
Seahawkx":19x68td7 said:
Is Pete afraid of getting punched by Cable or something?? This is so uncharacteristic of Pete to let a horribly suffering vet (McQuinston) playing while a promising young player is on the bench (A.Baily)..

I just dont get it.. I could probably do a better job in playing LT than McQuinston.

I totally agree with this. Finally bailey got some time and I was blown away with his performance. Literally. He had very limited opportunities but he played damn good. He had communication he has size and he seems quick and strong. I would start him this week. MCQUISTON looks like a center to me. I would probably rotate carp and mcq based on performance.

kf3339

Reaction score
I don't know why but I'm really concerned about something happening to JeanPierre. If he goes down who is our OC then?

The Outfield

Reaction score
kf3339":3ln0ky0h said:
I don't know why but I'm really concerned about something happening to JeanPierre. If he goes down who is our OC then?

Clint Gresham? :Dunno:

RiverDog

Reaction score
C-Dub":mj8x0y3h said:
I have two requests...

1. Feed the Beast and run the ball 60-70% of the time. This means on the 1 yard line....DUH!

2. Keep Mike Rob and Beast on the field on almost all pass plays to block pass rushers when the O-line fails (which will happen a lot). Need to keep Russell Wilson alive.

I agree. The defense is going to have to keep the Falcons in check, though. We can't fall behind by 21 points and expect to get back in the game by running The Beast 60-70% of the time.

We keep the score low and I think we'll be OK.

kigenzun

Reaction score
kf3339":1ok53yr6 said:
The Outfield":1ok53yr6 said:
kf3339":1ok53yr6 said:

Clint Gresham? :Dunno:
plyka":1ok53yr6 said:
I totally agree with this. Finally bailey got some time and I was blown away with his performance. Literally. He had very limited opportunities but he played damn good. He had communication he has size and he seems quick and strong. I would start him this week. MCQUISTON looks like a center to me. I would probably rotate carp and mcq based on performance.

You guys all answered your own question: If Jean Pierre gets hurt...Its McQ to the rescue!
Bailey Carpenter McQuistan Sweezy Bowie

Go Hawks!
:th2thumbs:

Atradees

Reaction score
At least Pierre can hike the ball. That gives Russ a chance to run for his life at least.

Unger's snaps have been really poor.