Maybe it's just me, but Bobby looks slow..

2_0_6

Reaction score
Not sure if he has been really dinged up for the past few weeks and hiding an injury, but last night he could not keep up with anyone running across the middle. Tyler Higbee owned him last night.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Not just you. I think he has looked average to below average for most of the year.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
iigakusei":frib0x4q said:
Not just you. I think he has looked average to below average for most of the year.
Agreed 100%. He has not played that well at all this year, considering how impactful he's been in the past.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3blg606q said:
iigakusei":3blg606q said:
Agreed 100%. He has not played that well at all this year, considering how impactful he's been in the past.
Also agree. He's been a "solid" (?) NFL MLB, but none of the impact we've seen over the course of his career.

stang233

Reaction score
He has lost a step or two. They need to adjust the s heme to better fit his style now. Or take a pay cut,

gabel

Reaction score
I'm glad someone finally said it. He has slowed down and is not as effective. Signing to a monster contract at this stage of his career was a big mistake.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Both Bobby and KJ need to be replaced in the off season. Bobby is still solid but nowhere near what he was. KJ looks bad, can get off blocks, can't cover. He looks done.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I think Bobby is playing a step or two too close to the line of scrimmage. He is selling out to stop the run, and it's leaving a gap in our middle defense bigger than what we had in years past. He's a little slower, but still quick enough for a middle linebacker. Positioning, and overthinking is what has made his play suffer.

xray

Reaction score
He got older and it shows ; Wright shows age too ; even Wilson has slowed . Make peace with the fact that it's not 2014 anymore .

justafan

Reaction score
I dont think he is slowed down all that much. He has never been a big splash play type of a LB. He has never been a real threat in blitzes. Even though he ran a 4.45 40 he never played at that speed. ET ran a tad faster but played at that speed.

He is what he has always been. A solid leader who wins with strength and reading the play. He still makes a ton of tackles. I am sure he isnt as fast as 4.45 but he is still a huge part of this D.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
nwHawk":9q2uthjw said:
I think Bobby is playing a step or two too close to the line of scrimmage. He is selling out to stop the run, and it's leaving a gap in our middle defense bigger than what we had in years past. He's a little slower, but still quick enough for a middle linebacker. Positioning, and overthinking is what has made his play suffer.

This is sure as heck not what I saw last night, or numerous other times this season.

Every time Pete plays the stupid 4-3 zone Bobby required to drop further and further back to cover TE and slot crossing patterns.

How many times did Gurley take easy dump off passes for 10-12 yards cause literally no one was in the middle of the field? Seemed like it happened all night.

Bobby has lost a step, and KJ's lost at least a step, maybe two. But Pete's not helping them out when he goes back to the 4-3 zone and doesn't allow them to press and attack.

Not sure why he keeps doing this against McVay and Rams, it has never worked, and it didn't work again last night. Pete makes Goff look like Joe Montana.

justafan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":29z9csfi said:
nwHawk":29z9csfi said:

This is sure as heck not what I saw last night, or numerous other times this season.

Every time Pete plays the stupid 4-3 zone Bobby required to drop further and further back to cover TE and slot crossing patterns.

How many times did Gurley take easy dump off passes for 10-12 yards cause literally no one was in the middle of the field? Seemed like it happened all night.

Bobby has lost a step, and KJ's lost at least a step, maybe two. But Pete's not helping them out when he goes back to the 4-3 zone and doesn't allow them to press and attack.

Not sure why he keeps doing this against McVay and Rams, it has never worked, and it didn't work again last night. Pete makes Goff look like Joe Montana.

But that is the NFL today. 300 yrds passing is common.

You legalize holding and handcuff the DBs and these games are more common. Its what the NFL and a lot of fans want. They gush about games like the Niners and Saints.

But what kills you are 3 for 3 in the redzone. Last game with the Rams they had to kick FGs in the first half and that was the difference. I hate to say it but allowing the Rams 5 scoring drives isnt that bad. Allowing 80% TD success in the redzone is what gets you beat.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
gabel":2hl0ztlv said:
I'm glad someone finally said it.

This certainly has never been said before in this forum. Ever. Certain.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
justafan":22sogtjj said:
Sgt. Largent":22sogtjj said:
nwHawk":22sogtjj said:

But that is the NFL today. 300 yrds passing is common.

You legalize holding and handcuff the DBs and these games are more common. Its what the NFL and a lot of fans want. They gush about games like the Niners and Saints.

But what kills you are 3 for 3 in the redzone. Last game with the Rams they had to kick FGs in the first half and that was the difference. I hate to say it but allowing the Rams 5 scoring drives isnt that bad. Allowing 80% TD success in the redzone is what gets you beat.

Playing the same unsuccessful scheme over and over against a coach that's won 4 out of 5 games against you, and should be 5 for 5 if not for a missed FG is what gets you beat.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Bobby really hasn't impacted games much at all this season. But, I'm not sure if it is "he is slower" or something else.

How much of it is related to Pete stubbornly staying in base D?? Is that neutering Bobby's effectiveness?

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
We have no one to replace him with that's better so it may be that he's slowing down but our depth at LB is not good. Something they will have to address this off season.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Bobby is slower but this frustrating scheme is neutralizing his abilities. He is so far off the LOS this year in deep middle zones, anyone chipping or coming out of the backfield had an easy 10+ yards up the middle. It really seemed like they threw this scheme into the trash once Diggs got here but all of a sudden brought it back against an offense that eats soft zones alive, especially with no pressure. I don't know why Pete refuses to adjust to neutralizing the Rams style which HAS BEEN PROVEN BY OTHER DEFENSES and trots out the same exact scheme each matchup. McVay has done whatever he wants on offense in every game.

KJ is the guy I am most concerned about as he looks like a shell of his former self. He was never the fastest guy but he was smart and a sure tackler. He is missing a lot of tackles, is often out of place, and is pretty routinely beaten in space. I don't remember him impacting a single play last night. Again, the scheme isn't giving him much help against speedy WR across the middle into the flats, but I don't see Pete bringing him back next year.

iigakusei

Reaction score
With regards to KJ, I would be shocked if he is back next year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
iigakusei":1cbmsng5 said:
With regards to KJ, I would be shocked if he is back next year.

There's a reason we drafted two LB's this year, also a reason we wrote Bobby's contract with a potential out after the 2020 season. Pete and John know their style of fast, physical aggressive defense isn't conducive to older aging vets. They want young and hungry.

Bobby's played fine this year, but he hasn't played like the highest paid LB in the league.

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
What worries me most about last night is it sets a blue print for the other teams the rest of the season to follow. They know Pete wont adapt, so they will.

Latest posts