Maxwell's gonna be burnt toast.......

chris98251

Reaction score
I don't think anyone holds a grudge against him, he admitted to it being about the money, Arod on the other hand said it was never about the money but everyone knew it was about the 250 million.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Don't forget that he is pretty familiar with our offense too. It's not like Bevel and Pete spend a lot of time trying to disguise things though.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Largent80":1bkgvowc said:
Maxwell probably regrets leaving here. I know if I were him, I certainly would after what he has endured and knowing the Hawks could really use him right now.

I highly doubt Maxwell regrets signing a 60 million dollar contract. I know i could "endure" a hell of a lot with 60M in my pocket. That's generational wealth that will set his grand kids up. C'mon, the guy is playing football for a living. I could count on one hand the list of things I wouldn't do for a couple of years for 60 million.

That said he's a great boundary corner but he's always had a weakness against quick, sudden WRs that can get off of a jam. That's Baldwin and Lockett, and I remember TC stories of Baldwin beating Maxwell a lot in practice. If Wilson gets time, Maxwell is going to have a bad day.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Largent80":aqaehyno said:
Maxwell probably regrets leaving here. I know if I were him, I certainly would after what he has endured and knowing the Hawks could really use him right now.

Doubt he cares. He got a ring, then he got paid.

raisethe3

Reaction score
^^^Only 2 million difference. Philly/Miami sucks and he knows he could've been a part of a dynasty in Seattle. If it was me, I pick staying in Seattle. Can't tell me 8 million annual isn't enough to support yourself?

AgentDib

Reaction score
I'd move to Philadelphia for $25 million guaranteed too. The Dolphins are still paying that contract so Maxwell may even see most of the rest. Good for him.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Grateful for Maxwell's contributions here and his excellent performance in SB 48. I remember those 4 ints he got late in that season that helped us beat SF in particular.

He landed a dream FA opportunity and took advantage of it. Don't see why so many people seem to trash former Hawks just because they left in FA. He obviously wasn't offered much to stay here, if anything.

Atradees

Reaction score
I remember he was long and very much like Browner helping the ball come loose.

Of course I want him to be burned all day and I think Trufant actuality earned the Toast moniker.

Crizilla

Reaction score
he played well in the NFC title game against GB, but yeah he got exposed in philly. Not a real number 1 guy. Fit in our system perfectly.

uncle fester

Reaction score
He was a great player opposite Sherman. There was a period leading up to SB48 - vs NYG in particular where Eli threw 5 picks, 2 to Maxwell - where no one could establish a passing game in the face of the pressure and the LoB.

Think about that - you can't pass and it's a passing league. Scheme, yes, but Maxwell was a big part of that scheme.

I don't blame him for cashing in on that success, He never saw the full $63M, came out with $27M and a restructure in Miami. The same or approximate treatment would've been waiting in Seattle as everyone else got new contracts.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Atradees":7gsiw64p said:

Of course I want him to be burned all day and I think Trufant actuality earned the Toast moniker.

What?

NINEster

Reaction score
Bold prediction:

Maxwell will pick off Wilson once this Sunday.

Miami's got that front 4, plus Maxwell knows Wilson and the prevailing winds at Century Link.

j/k about the Prevailing Winds. :mrgreen:

OP
OP
S

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":27o61ibf said:
Atradees":27o61ibf said:

What?
I wonder if they mean Kelly Jennings?

raisethe3

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":3r6pvd81 said:
Grateful for Maxwell's contributions here and his excellent performance in SB 48. I remember those 4 ints he got late in that season that helped us beat SF in particular.

He landed a dream FA opportunity and took advantage of it. Don't see why so many people seem to trash former Hawks just because they left in FA. He obviously wasn't offered much to stay here, if anything.

He was offered $8 million here.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Smellyman":3q1u3f9s said:
He scammed nobody. He was given a big contract for having a couple of good seasons in Seattle. Everyone on this board would've done the same thing.

To a man, to be sure.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
raisethe3":1k0fqpji said:
West TX Hawk":1k0fqpji said:

He was offered $8 million here.

Relatively speaking for FA status that's "not much" compared to his value on the open market. $63 million, 27 or so guaranteed is obviously much more. Similar to the low-ball offer the Hawks offered Tate, Maxwell made the best financial decision to go elsewhere as any player would.

two dog

Reaction score
It's going to be like old home week with his LOB brothers but he also said
he wants to win this game more than any other this year.

You can say toast, you can say burnt but I still think he's gonna be trouble.

Atradees

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":1bvhnuht said:
HawKnPeppa":1bvhnuht said:
Atradees":1bvhnuht said:

What?
I wonder if they mean Kelly Jennings?

Jennings didnt deserve the Toast insult. He was just aweful. He made alot of tackles way down feild and allowed alot of catches. The same thing he did at Miami.

Its tru that Trufant had an eight int year but......those were inflated by the competition throwing multiple pick games.
Trufant is Toast. He got burned alot.

I am spoiled now we have good DBs in this regime.

I really liked Maxwell. I am happy we didnt pay him though. Since Browner and Maxwell have departed we have not had the same Legion of Boom. We still have alot of talent there; but we used to create turnovers quite a bit. In that respect we havent been the same. The violent collisions, the forced fumbles, the interceptions, etc