Max Unger and 1st for Jimmy Graham and 4th round pick

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Any Seahawk fan who says center is one of the lest impactful positions would have to ignore the contract Pete and John gave Unger in the first place. They thought he was pretty impactful.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
WendellWent":1q31oa9n said:
The center touches the ball on every offensive snap. You can minimize that impact all you want, but you are incorrect.

nope, you overvalue the center position, which is comical :lol:

much rather have jimmy

bai troll

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
WendellWent":261tp1co said:
seatownlowdown":261tp1co said:
WendellWent":261tp1co said:
You undervalue the center position, is all I am saying.

whaaaaa? how so? are u then saying that pete/john dont value the center postion? because they just traded a former all-pro center that they were probably going to cut anyway.

all i stated was that center is one of the less impactful positions in football. youre going to argue that? because there is nothing to argue, because its true. youre not making any point what so ever. stop trolling kid, get off my nuts.

Just because Unger was tradable, doesn't mean they don't value the center position.

The center touches the ball on every offensive snap. You can minimize that impact all you want, but you are incorrect.

Center is pretty important. Unger made the calls in the line and made the correct block calls. Luckily we don't have to worry about a bad center as we can try to re-sign Lemuel and we got a good center with Patrick Lewis (he started bad but got really good as he had more game situations, especially that Cardinals game where R. Wilson/L. Willson torched them in December).

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1khz486u said:
Wow and through 8 pgs I did not see our WR/TE expert chime in,maybe he has retired since we have the big/tall WR that he wanted but I don't think he saw this one coming.I like the trade somewhat.I don't believe it hurts the run game,if anything it takes pressure off it and opens it up more.No more 8 men boxes for the beast .If we get lucky and get AJ- there won't be any all out blitzes either.People calling PRich soft?I never saw him play that way and he blocked his ass off on run plays when I watched replays.Jimmy I thought was soft but I'll see what he does for us before saying that anymore.The culture on the Hawks is different than a lot of teams so he might try harder on blocking.
I think Sac gave him the boot. So sad if true

Weadoption

Reaction score
Seems like a pretty good trade to me.
Your entire offense is better because of Graham, and RW on the corner go up and get it floater to this guy will be lethal in the red zone. This is the move a team makes when the window is wide open and it's get more trophies mode.
If you hit on an mid round center and Cable is able to couch him up like Britt, then this transaction is gold.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1jrje25c said:
Any Seahawk fan who says center is one of the lest impactful positions would have to ignore the contract Pete and John gave Unger in the first place. They thought he was pretty impactful.
And he was impactful...then. He is no longer that player who can be relied upon.

I'm not saying C isn't impactful, and I haven't read all the comments so if someone said that, it's pretty laughable. I want good players but also ones that have good health because what does it matter how talented a player is if they are hurt? I've read that Unger was a possible cap casualty this year. I think our OL needs help, but Lewis was more than adequate last year. My opinion is a OL needs to be a cohesive unit and that cants happen when your C and even LT miss time every year.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
For some reason people are making more of a fuss about Unger being traded then they would have if he would have been released which was always would have been a possibility Graham or not.

Had the released Unger the Seahawks would have waited the start of the new league year to designate him a June 1st cut.

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
Weadoption":1fligisx said:
Seems like a pretty good trade to me.
Your entire offense is better because of Graham, and RW on the corner go up and get it floater to this guy will be lethal in the red zone. This is the move a team makes when the window is wide open and it's get more trophies mode.
If you hit on an mid round center and Cable is able to couch him up like Britt, then this transaction is gold.

Good points regarding RW's floater passes over the top. RW finally has a guy he can throw the ball up to while having faith that Graham will pull it down. It's like having a top notch point guard passing to a dominating power forward (Stockton/Malone). Hopefully we can get a center and guard in the draft that is as NFL ready as Britt was last year.

Cartire

Reaction score
Well, im back now that free agency has started. Needed a break.

Love this move. We've needed a legit redzone threat forever now. Rice was fine for a bit, but never the RZ guy we wanted him to be.

This also opens up Beast more as there is no way a team can think its run all the time and not put doubles on Jimmy.

Also, John said that the money saved on not putting it on a first rounder basically broke even the cap situation between jimmy and unger.

In Pete and John I trust.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1koolqia said:

Its far easier to develop a center though than a star tight end/receiver.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
FortWorthSeahawk":nhdo89yz said:
Going to be fun in the red zone, hopefully?

Edit: First video didn't want to play nice, so I'll embed an older one.

[youtube]KxRrhpo1hGM[/youtube]

You now...watching this I get the impression that this guy was built to be a Seahawk. Big, tough, hard and a giant chip on his shoulder.

One thing that strikes me in the thread is that people need to remember that he is not only (at least) the #2 TE in the league, he is also a top 10 WR. I really hope we see him in Hermosa Beach with Russ and the boys this spring...

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Man, this entire thing will come down to chemistry -- on the field and off. I neither hate nor love this deal right now. It's another swing for the fences that has some steep downside potential. At least the cap consequences won't be as dramatic as they were with Harvin, and the draft compensation isn't as bad. That being said, Graham is basically the prototype of the big body weapon we've been pounding the table for.

I don't love the fact that we surrendered a 1st yet again. It seems like we're routinely handing out high round picks while other teams are getting "name" players for 3rd/4th/5th/6th round picks. If Graham is truly worth a 1st to New Orleans, then they just wouldn't trade him.

Bprez3

Reaction score
Center is a intregal piece to the whole Offense. Max Unger will be missed but will also be replaced. I for one will not miss his low to the left snaps from the shotgun / pistol formation.

Jimmy Graham is a difference maker that the Hawks have needed. As fans we have been clamoring for them to add a dynamic threat. This was a great trade for the Hawks. All trades come with a cost and in my opinion this was a no brainer

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
BadgerVid":2lp0y6zo said:
FortWorthSeahawk":2lp0y6zo said:
Going to be fun in the red zone, hopefully?

Edit: First video didn't want to play nice, so I'll embed an older one.

[youtube]KxRrhpo1hGM[/youtube]

You now...watching this I get the impression that this guy was built to be a Seahawk. Big, tough, hard and a giant chip on his shoulder.

One thing that strikes me in the thread is that people need to remember that he is not only (at least) the #2 TE in the league, he is also a top 10 WR. I really hope we see him in Hermosa Beach with Russ and the boys this spring...

Man he looks good , We just got that much better could have used in the super bowl

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
That video doesn't show someone who's soft.

Starting to think that anyone who regards Jimmy Graham as soft, only watched him in two Seahawks games. He's vaguely Lynchesque in taking on contact and breaking bad tackles.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I'm having a tough time thinking of this guy as soft.

His mom straight drove him to an orphanage when he was 11 and said "get out." with his sister crying in the back seat.
Guy who can come out on top of things like that isn't soft.

daveman918

Reaction score
I'm a big LJP fan and IMO he's becoming a strong center. This could go very well for us. Now I want a few epic O-linemen, our next RB, development corner, and a couple of receivers to try out.

impacthawk

Reaction score
B xQqwWUYAEgucf

I believe in the 90/30 rule. It is a hell of a lot easier to fill Max Unger's shoes with 90% of the player Unger was, in contrast to Graham's production over 4 years. All the Seahawk Tight Ends combined over 4 years barely get to 50% of the production of Graham alone, and none over 30% by themselves.

By the time the season rolls around and JS has filled this offensive line up with new talent, and Jimmy Graham takes the field in the same offense as Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch, you will quickly forget the names of James Carpenter and Max Unger. I will miss Max for sure...being an Oregon guy....but his time had come up. Simple as that.

Welcome Mr. Graham. The new Best Seahawk TE in franchise history.