Max Unger and 1st for Jimmy Graham and 4th round pick

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1asme39h said:
The same could be said for 30 other teams not named Seahawks or Saints. Our TE/WR production hasn't been anything to write home about for quite some time.

But hey, trading a first round pick for a great receiver who may be a locker room liability could work... I mean, we're due for it to work, aren't we?

Are you really trying to compare Harvin in the locker room with Graham?

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Since the sideline incident with "I'm Jimmy" is still on the minds of some on the defense course this was going to happen. Every team we played against their WR/TE all seemed soft to some extend. How many times have we seen alligator arms from WR making a business decision, it happens...Kam happens. That incident is still fresh and the players will resolve it, I'm pretty sure Pete Carroll knows about it. He will probably get a meeting together to sort it out.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Hasselbeck":1ll2si7x said:
Seahawk Sailor":1ll2si7x said:
The same could be said for 30 other teams not named Seahawks or Saints. Our TE/WR production hasn't been anything to write home about for quite some time.

But hey, trading a first round pick for a great receiver who may be a locker room liability could work... I mean, we're due for it to work, aren't we?

Are you really trying to compare Harvin in the locker room with Graham?

No; I'm comparing the situation a couple of years ago to right now. A lot of people (including me) thought any rumors and hints of negativity were nothing, and that the only thing we had to worry about were his (already fixed) migraines. Graham may be the next coming of Bobby Engram. He may also be yet another over-the-hill problem child that cost us a first round pick. He'll probably be somewhere in between, but that doesn't make me much happier about the trade.

Cad

Reaction score
dradee":2zehz8cz said:
Just think of the red zone TE packages! Graham, Wilson, Helfet and Beast in the backfield TE bunch!

Then watch Bevell call the slant to Lockette

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I've been away from my computer, radio, etc. all day, so am just hearing the news now. This pretty much sums up my reaction to all of this ...

[youtube]Hrrr-g2RyNg[/youtube]

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
That first round pick was just our glorified 2nd round pick, it's not like we had the top 10 pick in the 1st round we are talking about the 31st pick. That first round pick was going to be traded away anyways.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
HawkFan72":e277zxvw said:
12thbrah":e277zxvw said:
Unger was out for most of the 2nd half of last season and the Hawks did just fine if I remember correctly. Hawks must have really liked what they saw last year with Patrick Lewis.

I read a tweet earlier that said the Hawks went 6-0 when Unger was out.

They went 8-2, with the six-game winning streak they're probably referencing coming at the end of the season against the NFC West and Philly.

Still not bad.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
It was a playoff game and he was trying to get after it. If anything I would think some of our guys would welcome that attitude with what we currently have going.

rcaido

Reaction score
Northhawk":33toholu said:
I hope we find a serviceable WR to at least draw some coverage away from Graham and Lynch. Obviously, we don't need a Megatron but we still need someone better than who we have. There are a few WR in FA that could fit the bill but I'm not sure if we have the $$$.

Hopefully Doug Baldwin doesn't read this post...You wouldn't like him when he's angry.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2y4g9j2e said:
chet380":2y4g9j2e said:
Gonna hate waiting until Pick No. 63 at the draft!

Hawks have the mid-round ammo to move up if they want to.

And it's not like draft round means anything to Schneider. We got Wilson in the third and Sherman in the fifth.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
We will get another WR in the draft, maybe a few. We have a promising star with Chris Matthews, yeah he got shutdown when Browner was on him, but how many physical CB are there. Matthews will dominate against smaller DBs.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
pmedic920":18c8t5n9 said:
CAP GUYS: can we afford this?
'We?' Snap out if it. 'We' don't make the calls and 'we' certainly aren't spending the money. [emoji33]

themunn

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3dabte40 said:
themunn":3dabte40 said:
volsunghawk":3dabte40 said:
Seahawk Sailor":3dabte40 said:
Hmm. A Pro Bowl center and a first round pick for this guy and a fourth? What's not to love?

Taj2fN

On the flipside, any of Graham's last 4 seasons production-wise would be the best season for a TE in Seahawks history by pretty much any measure.

They'd also be the best season for a Seahawks WR since Engram in 2007

Where has there ever been a suggestion that Graham is a locker room liability outside of this thread though?

bbsplitter

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":1why294t said:
We will get another WR in the draft, maybe a few. We have a promising star with Chris Matthews, yeah he got shutdown when Browner was on him, but how many physical CB are there. Matthews will dominate against smaller DBs.

I don't really think he has played enough to say he will for sure "dominate".

BadgerVid

Reaction score
45Hawker":55vznpg0 said:
titan3131":55vznpg0 said:
My only complaint is that we didnt get a 3rd rd pick O well.
I wish they would have included Saints WR Nick Toon… Compelling, young, big, fast, WR.
Who caught passes from RW at Wisconsin...

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":a99oi75m said:
HawkFan72":a99oi75m said:
12thbrah":a99oi75m said:
Unger was out for most of the 2nd half of last season and the Hawks did just fine if I remember correctly. Hawks must have really liked what they saw last year with Patrick Lewis.

I read a tweet earlier that said the Hawks went 6-0 when Unger was out.

They went 8-2, with the six-game winning streak they're probably referencing coming at the end of the season against the NFC West and Philly.

Still not bad.

That 8-2 was also against the Cards (twice), 49ers (twice), and Rams defenses.

The thing people aren't realizing about Graham is that opening up the field makes it more difficult for our opponents to scheme against us. So what, we are still poor on the offensive line, but defenses will have to prepare for a multi-dimensional attack that includes Wilson's legs, Lynch beasting it up and now Graham as a major target down the middle.

If we can put this together, I think this could make us even better than we were in 2013.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Had a thought, that has probably already been discussed, but who says Jimmy is a TE here?

We can put a blocking TE or Willson starting at TE with Jimmy out wide.